Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Which Seattle Star's departure hurt you the most?

1235»

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,361 Founders Club
    Ken Griffey, Jr.

None.

I could quickly name 10 crootin misses that hurt way more than any of those choices.

This. I still contemplate suicide when thinking of missing out on Van Nostrum.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club
    Ken Griffey, Jr.
    Swaye said:

None.

I could quickly name 10 crootin misses that hurt way more than any of those choices.

This. I still contemplate suicide when thinking of missing out on Van Nostrum.

• BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,589 Founders Club
    Randy Johnson
    dOgmaster said:

Sad that so many voted for Griffey. I moved to Seattle after he had left for Cincinnati, so I see it through different lenses. I have nothing good to say about him. He decided to leave at the prime of his career, and when he came back was nothing but a cancer for the team, helping getting Wakamatsu fired, then bailed on the team (and city) again. To me its clear he doesn’t give a shit for Seattle or the fans. Just a rich turd!

Yeah, he was a flake, and I can't stand it when people give him a pass for bailing, but he was great in the 90s. Definitely a prima donna at times, but fun to watch
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,589 Founders Club
    Randy Johnson

Doogles said:

Kemp hurt the most. I was obsessed with the mid 90s sonics and I couldn't understand it.

Payton said he pleaded with Kemp to stay and work it out. Such a shame. But nobody could blame Kemp for being upset that Wally Walker brought in McElvane for more money than Kemp.
    gas bag used to kiss hackerley's ass constantly and defend that