Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Russ to Denver

Comments

• Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Starting to think this guy might fucking suck! Go look at their schedule and tell me how they go 6-5 to get to 8-9 even… it’s just beginning 🍿

What a loser
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    He started off 10/10 passing for about 110 yards and a a TD in the first quarter.

He went 5/18 for 78 yards the last 3 quarters.

Imagine thinking this guy is HOF material. You might as well put Garappolo in there as well.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jim Plunkett isn't in and he had a better career
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    Founders Club
    First off, I thought Russ would have a good to great season this year. That being said, I've always said that there's something about his wife that seems like a bad influence. Makes you wonder how much of this might be a derivative of her.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,250
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2022
    He is very talented, but not as talented as he thinks he is. Pete was masterful in how he handled Russ, until Russ started pushing back. He was on a HOF path here, but he's now he's got to do it with new people, and less skill. Wonder how the Russ/Hackett "partnership" is going over in the Bronc's locker room?...
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    Founders Club

First off, I thought Russ would have a good to great season this year. That being said, I've always said that there's something about his wife that seems like a bad influence. Makes you wonder how much of this might be a derivative of her.
    My neighbor back in Seattle worked for a contractor that handled some big time properties including the house that Wilson rented when he first got to Seattle.

Neighbor said Wilson was polite but also said the damage to the house that he was fixing indicated Wilson wasn’t quite the goody two shoes everyone made him out to be.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

He started off 10/10 passing for about 110 yards and a a TD in the first quarter.

Imagine thinking this guy is HOF material. You might as well put Garappolo in there as well.

He owns your 49ers
  • Options

My neighbor back in Seattle worked for a contractor that handled some big time properties including the house that Wilson rented when he first got to Seattle.

Neighbor said Wilson was polite but also said the damage to the house that he was fixing indicated Wilson wasn’t quite the goody two shoes everyone made him out to be.

I mean he married a pop star, I don't think the goody two shoe act is super believable. Not real surprising there.
  • Options

Washed. That Super Bowl they won could've been accomplished with Trent Dilfer at QB. HOF needs to close the gates.

I also think far too many players get in to their respective HOF in every sport, though. Nothing about Wilson screams generational talent or transformative player. I don't think he's ever been one of the top-5 qb's in a season during his career.

Sorry but that's just dumb.

2019 11-5 record, > 4000 yards passing, 8 yards an attempt, 31 TD, 5 INT, 106.3 rating, 2nd team All Pro, voted 2nd best player in the league by his peers. The list of QBs you can say were better than him that season is Lamar Jackson and Pat Mahomes.

He's not top 5 right now, no question about that. Doesn't look especially likely he will be again. But the revisionist history is out of hand.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
  • Options
    Baseman said:
    Yikes. I was wondering what you were thinking when I saw that tweet.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    dnc said:

Baseman said:
    Yikes. I was wondering what you were thinking when I saw that tweet.
    Triggered
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,492
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Washed. That Super Bowl they won could've been accomplished with Trent Dilfer at QB. HOF needs to close the gates.

I also think far too many players get in to their respective HOF in every sport, though. Nothing about Wilson screams generational talent or transformative player. I don't think he's ever been one of the top-5 qb's in a season during his career.

2019 11-5 record, > 4000 yards passing, 8 yards an attempt, 31 TD, 5 INT, 106.3 rating, 2nd team All Pro, voted 2nd best player in the league by his peers. The list of QBs you can say were better than him that season is Lamar Jackson and Pat Mahomes.

He's not top 5 right now, no question about that. Doesn't look especially likely he will be again. But the revisionist history is out of hand.
    Stats are for losers. There's a reason that Russ has never gotten an MVP vote. Nobody would have taken him over Mahomes, Lamar, Brady, Rodgers, and possibly even Dak, that season. At best he would be #5 in the pecking order for that one year.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,250
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

Stats are for losers. There's a reason that Russ has never gotten an MVP vote. Nobody would have taken him over Mahomes, Lamar, Brady, Rodgers, and possibly even Dak, that season. At best he would be #5 in the pecking order for that one year.
    I tend to agree about stats, but if you take away stats and put it all on rings, there are some great QB's removed, and some not-so-great QB's admitted. Russ currently has the same number of rings as Rodgers, Brees and Mahomes, and one more than Fouts, Kelly (Jim not Brian), Moon, Tarkenton, and Marino, all HOF...Dilfer, Flacco and Foles all got one, and Russ was a lot better than that, over a long period. He won a lot of games the Hawks had no business winning (and lost a BIG one they had no business losing). The one stat that is irrefutable is W/L record, for me.

The term "system QB" gets thrown around, in the negative. For me, they are all system QBs...they have to have guys design the plays, call the plays, and to block and to catch the ball. They also must have a strong D to win. Russ was derisively called a "game manager" for many years, he proved to be a lot more than that when he was in Seattle. IDK if he's HOF, but I appreciate what he did when given the opportunity, drama aside...
  • Options
    edited October 2022

dnc said:

He was literally 2nd team all pro by the media and 2nd player overall by the players themselves. And one of two unanimous Tier 1 QB's by the coaches and FO types who contribute to Sando's annual QB tiers list. "Nobody" indeed.

I like you but you're full of shit on this.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

He owns your 49ers
    Hurtful but true
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Russell Daniel Wilson is fucking terrible
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,492
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

He was literally 2nd team all pro by the media and 2nd player overall by the players themselves. And one of two unanimous Tier 1 QB's by the coaches and FO types who contribute to Sando's annual QB tiers list. "Nobody" indeed.

What a bully.

I'll give you 2019 (although he was #5 in QBR that year), but will not back off on my belief that he's not top-5 of his generation. He was a good play-action and bootleg / run around and make it happen QB for several years. To my eyes it looks like he's lost his legs and he could never see the middle of the field.

Outside of his win/loss record, which is set to rapidly decline, I don't see the argument for him being in the HOF.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

What a bully.

I'll give you 2019 (although he was #5 in QBR that year), but will not back off on my belief that he's not top-5 of his generation. He was a good play-action and bootleg / run around and make it happen QB for several years. To my eyes it looks like he's lost his legs and he could never see the middle of the field.

Outside of his win/loss record, which is set to rapidly decline, I don't see the argument for him being in the HOF.
    Fair enough