Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Russ to Denver

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,954
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2022

If I had to bet I'd bet he gets in despite taking the contrarian view

I'm not 100 percent sold on Two Ring Manning the Younger either but his two rings came with memorable plays.

Once again Russ' getting the second ring brings the last minute drive and Kearse catch into legend status and its no question

Russ is better than Dilfer and healthier than McMahon - the three greatest defenses to win the Super Bowl. The second one would have been more Russ than the D that folded to Brady

Russ also has a lot of years left if healthy

I'm taking baby steps towards more NFL hawt talk since I'm quitting on the college game.
    Yellow Snow's NFL Igloo
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dnc said:

Does Bobby Wagner get his own thread?

The fact that the Seahawks didn't space this out and give Wagner his proper farewell in the media is horseshit. Not proper at all.
    The only way I can rationalize this is Bobby responded to the RW trade by saying he doesn't want to be part of a rebuild and asked for his release and they honored it. Otherwise it's kind of unfathomable timing.
    Welp

• Options
    Fire everybody
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,208
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm not 100 percent sold on Two Ring Manning the Younger either but his two rings came with memorable plays.

Once again Russ' getting the second ring brings the last minute drive and Kearse catch into legend status and its no question

Russ is better than Dilfer and healthier than McMahon - the three greatest defenses to win the Super Bowl. The second one would have been more Russ than the D that folded to Brady

I'm taking baby steps towards more NFL hawt talk since I'm quitting on the college game.
    Yellow Snow's NFL Igloo
    Warren Moon was an Eskimo. People forget that.
    More rings than Joe Montana and in two Hall of Fames

Warren Moon
    Class of 2001
    Warren Moon attended the University of Washington and was named Most Valuable Player in the 1978 Rose Bowl victory, prior to joining the Edmonton Eskimos.

Warren Moon would spend his entire Canadian career with the Eskimos. In his rookie season, as the backup quarterback, he would replace Bruce Lemmerman, completing 89 0f 173 passes for 1,112 yards and 5 touchdowns and was Edmonton’s nominee for the Schenley Most Outstanding Rookie award. In 1980, he became Edmonton’s starting quarterback and led the Eskimos to their third straight Grey Cup. He would lead Edmonton to two more Grey Cups in 1981 and 1982 as part of their five year Grey Cup dynasty, which lasted from 1978 to 1982.

Warren Moon ended his CFL career in 1983 as the league’s leading passer with 380 completions of 664 attempts for 5,648 yards and 31 touchdowns. For his efforts, he was named to the CFL All-Star team, Western All-Star team and won the Schenley Award for the Most Outstanding Player.

Moon has been named to the Edmonton Eskimos Wall of Fame and is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
  • Options
    Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,310
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2022
    Over/under before DK goes full Antonio Brown with Drew Lock? I'll go with 6 games
  • Options

Yellow Snow's NFL Igloo
    Warren Moon was an Eskimo. People forget that.
    More rings than Joe Montana and in two Hall of Fames

Warren Moon
    Class of 2001
    Warren Moon attended the University of Washington and was named Most Valuable Player in the 1978 Rose Bowl victory, prior to joining the Edmonton Eskimos.

Warren Moon would spend his entire Canadian career with the Eskimos. In his rookie season, as the backup quarterback, he would replace Bruce Lemmerman, completing 89 0f 173 passes for 1,112 yards and 5 touchdowns and was Edmonton’s nominee for the Schenley Most Outstanding Rookie award. In 1980, he became Edmonton’s starting quarterback and led the Eskimos to their third straight Grey Cup. He would lead Edmonton to two more Grey Cups in 1981 and 1982 as part of their five year Grey Cup dynasty, which lasted from 1978 to 1982.

Warren Moon ended his CFL career in 1983 as the league’s leading passer with 380 completions of 664 attempts for 5,648 yards and 31 touchdowns. For his efforts, he was named to the CFL All-Star team, Western All-Star team and won the Schenley Award for the Most Outstanding Player.

Moon has been named to the Edmonton Eskimos Wall of Fame and is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
    How did it take him winning 5 straight titles (in his only 5 seasons) up there before someone in the NFL said "hey let's take a shot at this Moon guy?"

I know, I know.

• Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

The fact that the Seahawks didn't space this out and give Wagner his proper farewell in the media is horseshit. Not proper at all.
    The only way I can rationalize this is Bobby responded to the RW trade by saying he doesn't want to be part of a rebuild and asked for his release and they honored it. Otherwise it's kind of unfathomable timing.
    Welp

you've got to be kidding me
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,457
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bobby shows up to UW spring games, so he's okay.

Fuck Russ. Fuck the Seahawks and especially fuck the 12's who finally get to eat shit for once this decade.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Over/under before DK goes full Antonio Brown with Drew Lock? I'll go with 6 games

I wouldn’t mind trading him now. You could get another first rounder and something else for him.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

He should. He actually is a Hall of Famer unlike Wilson who isn't.
    They're both HOFers rather easily
    Wagner has been the top LB since he entered the league. Wilson has barely been even a top 10 guy at his position. If you let him in you have let in Stafford, Ryan, Eli, Rivers and Palmer . None of those guys are HOF's. Wilson has never had an MVP vote and has been All Pro 1 time in 10 years. None of those things are going to change in Denver because he isn't that type of player like he thinks he is. He is an overrated, arrogant, selfish prick.
    FOH

You can’t possibly be dumb enough to believe that.
    In his 10 years if you average out every year he is a top 10ish guy. Seahawks fans need to stop with this transcendent shit. At best he is a pretty good QB. He is way to inconsistent to be very good. He isn't anything more than that.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Regarding Watson... If the Seahawk felt okay bringing Frank Clark here, they'll be okay bringing Watson here.

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,313
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Watson doesn't want to play in the PNW.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

Is that what he told you?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Just read that he rejected Seahawks invitation to visit.

Welcome to the Jacob Eason Era
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

I know I'm exaggerating here, but I can't think of any big name free agent who has willingly come to the PNW. What would be the draw outside of no state income tax?

The other thread about being burned by Seattle stars who left is a great example. Look at how many wanted to GTFO of Seattle. It's the shit weather 80% of the year that depresses people who aren't from here.

Watson sure as shit is not leaving behind his southern roots and weather to play in Seattle.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

I know I'm exaggerating here, but I can't think of any big name free agent who has willingly come to the PNW. What would be the draw outside of no state income tax?

The other thread about being burned by Seattle stars who left is a great example. Look at how many wanted to GTFO of Seattle. It's the shit weather 80% of the year that depresses people who aren't from here.

Watson sure as shit is not leaving behind his southern roots and weather to play in Seattle.
    I think Watson just wants to sexually assault a hotter class of women. He wants no part of the PNW.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,208
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Watson can't play in Houston because but 31 other teams are fine

Never understood that. If he's good to play then keep him. Houston sucks without him