Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Scott Brooks = shit coach

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    dnc said:

Heck of a GS comeback going on. Can they finish?

NeedsMoreTime ‏@NegaDawg 5m
    Steph Curry can't be ice cold the entire series can he?

Then immediately after he drills back to back 3's. Clippers have themselves to blame for this and Doc my #3 coach in the league went with Big Baby for way too long and it cost them some easy boards.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Then immediately after he drills back to back 3's. Clippers have themselves to blame for this and Doc my #3 coach in the league went with Big Baby for way too long and it cost them some easy boards.
    Curry shouldn't have forced that, surely they could have gotten a better shot there.

• Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Curry shouldn't have forced that, surely they could have gotten a better shot there.

Today's era of basketball. Just wind the clock down and take a hero three, if it goes in you are the talk of the day.

Even Lebron settles for that and Durant too. Annoys me when stars do that.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I told you my Clippers would be fine.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Took a real generous call on that Griffin/Green foul to get the W. 8 times out of 10 (hi Tequila!) the home team gets that call.

GS wins game 4

• Options
    dnc said:

Took a real generous call on that Griffin/Green foul to get the W. 8 times out of 10 (hi Tequila!) the home team gets that call.

GS wins game 4

I think Clippers win the series as DeAndre Jordan is that X-Factor with his rebounding and blocks.

However Klay-Curry are due for a game where they can't miss that game is coming.
  • Options

dnc said:

GS wins game 4

I think Clippers win the series as DeAndre Jordan is that X-Factor with his rebounding and blocks.

However Klay-Curry are due for a game where they can't miss that game is coming.
    Agree the Clips win, but home court carries the Warriors to a win with a great shooting game 4.

• Options
    Doc deserves credit for making Jordan into a good NBA player. He just wasn't that last year, had a really good season and having a great playoffs.
  • Options
    "He looked a little aggressive coming down on someone's head Shaq"

I *heart* Chucky
  • Options

Not having Bogut is crippling them.

I figured Golden State would run more but they aren't. I don't get it since last year they lost David Lee basically and won a playoff series. They also pushed the Spurs.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

Today's era of basketball. Just wind the clock down and take a hero three, if it goes in you are the talk of the day.

Yeah the reliance on the 3 may be exciting to some but its become a hindrance to good fundamental offense. Thats why I like Memphis. They don't rely on the 3, they don't have a star, they play great defense and they have a versatile big man (Gasol) that is so much more skilled then a typical big man.

I think the Europeanization of the NBA is one explanation for the prevalence of the 3.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Yeah the reliance on the 3 may be exciting to some but its become a hindrance to good fundamental offense. Thats why I like Memphis. They don't rely on the 3, they don't have a star, they play great defense and they have a versatile big man (Gasol) that is so much more skilled then a typical big man.

I think the Europeanization of the NBA is one explanation for the prevalence of the 3.
    The three when used properly is a hell of a weapon. See Spurs, San Antonio.

Creating your own three is not using it properly though. Curry had a very unselfish night so I hate to bang on him too hard, but in a situation like that where you only need a two I'd probably put the ball in KlayKlay's hands where the defense has to respect that he can get you the bucket by putting it on the floor or pulling up at any time.

Memphis is my team, but their biggest weakness is their lack of three point shooting. It's at least improved from last season.

Game 4 is going to be huge. If Memphis can win that one and have a chance to close it out at home in game 5, I think we'll see an upset.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Creating your own three is not using it properly though. Curry had a very unselfish night so I hate to bang on him too hard, but in a situation like that where you only need a two I'd probably put the ball in KlayKlay's hands where the defense has to respect that he can get you the bucket by putting it on the floor or pulling up at any time.

Memphis is my team, but their biggest weakness is their lack of three point shooting. It's at least improved from last season.

Game 4 is going to be huge. If Memphis can win that one and have a chance to close it out at home in game 5, I think we'll see an upset.

Only the NBA Finals were 2-3-2(now they are 2-2-1-1-1 starting this year again), the rest are 2-2-1-1-1.

Memphis big problem is they don't have a Super Star. In the NBA since 1980 if you don't have a super star you have a ceiling and can only go so far.

2004 Detroit is the only exception and they had 4 all-stars in their starting lineup plus Okur off the bench, great coaching and played a team who hated each other in the Finals.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Only the NBA Finals were 2-3-2(now they are 2-2-1-1-1 starting this year again), the rest are 2-2-1-1-1.

Memphis big problem is they don't have a Super Star. In the NBA since 1980 if you don't have a super star you have a ceiling and can only go so far.

2004 Detroit is the only exception and they had 4 all-stars in their starting lineup plus Okur off the bench, great coaching and played a team who hated each other in the Finals.
    Good poont, forgot it was 2-2-1-1-1.

Regardless, if Memphis has a chance to close it out at the Grindhouse (ILTCTFEFTGH) I like their chances. If OKC takes Game 4 I think the Zombie Sonics will win the series.

I agree Memphis won't be going all the way, but Mark Gasol is damn close to a superstar when it comes to actual on court ability. He doesn't have the star power, but what that guy brings at both ends of the court is massive. The only teams with #1 players I'd take over Gasol are Miami, OKC, and Indiana, and maybe San Antonio and Houston. Yes, I'd take him over any player in the Clippers-GS series.

Maybe I'm being a homer, but I love a guy who produces on both ends and doesn't have to be the focal point of the offense.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Regardless, if Memphis has a chance to close it out at the Grindhouse (ILTCTFEFTGH) I like their chances. If OKC takes Game 4 I think the Zombie Sonics will win the series.

I agree Memphis won't be going all the way, but Mark Gasol is damn close to a superstar when it comes to actual on court ability. He doesn't have the star power, but what that guy brings at both ends of the court is massive. The only teams with #1 players I'd take over Gasol are Miami, OKC, and Indiana, and maybe San Antonio and Houston. Yes, I'd take him over any player in the Clippers-GS series.

Maybe I'm being a homer, but I love a guy who produces on both ends and doesn't have to be the focal point of the offense.
    I like Gasol, but Blake Griffin, Chris Paul, and Steph Curry are all better. Gasol is very valuable though, especially being a true center. Good defense, physical, makes open jumpers, passes well. A skilled European who can actually bang with the best of them.

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

I read a good article on Grantland about the Rockets-Blazers series. The Rockets are basically a 3's, dunks, and FT's team. Their GM is huge on advanced stats and analytics. They shoot very few mid range jumpers. Meanwhile, Aldridge is scoring the majority of his points from mid range.

It's why the analytics are not always accurate. I think it's still very important to have a guy who drills mid range jumpers. Jordan did most of his damage from mid range, especially during the 2nd three peat. Dirk in 2011. I'm sure there are many more examples.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-rocket-killer-breaking-down-lamarcus-aldridges-playoff-scoring/

The problem is that Dirk and MJ were unstoppable from mid range. And Aldridge, in the first two games, has been as well. Houston doesn't have anyone like that. They could try and get Parsons, Harden and Lin mid range shots but getting them 3's is more efficient and spaces the floor better.

I think ideally you'd like to have that mid range guy but I don't think it's worth forcing it if you don't.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

The only thing I'd like to see from him is being a little bit more aggressive on offense. He's great but I'll take the 35 from Blake Griffin over all the things he does.