Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Scott Brooks = shit coach

If they were still in Seattle you'd need a half brain Sonics bored just to bitch about him. You also know all the Doogs would defend Brooks and call us stupid for bashing him.

He's Mike Brown 2.0, inflated record because he happens to coach one of the best talents this game has seen. Just like Mike Brown you never bet on a shitty coach to win a title ever.

Comments

• Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Mike Brown is a great comparison. I got fooled on him.

All the talking heads are saying the exact same things now about Brooks that they said about Brown. He gets guys to buy in, great defensive coach, blah blah blah. Any coach with Durant, Ibaka, Westbrook and Sefalosha is going to have a great defense. Vinny Del Negro could coach these guys to a top 5 defense.

Your offense can't be "hey KD and Russ go do something". And you can't play Perkins 27 minutes. 27 minutes 4 points and 4 rebounds. Reggie Jackson had 3 rebounds in 13 minutes and Perk has a foot on him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Mike Brown is a great comparison. I got fooled on him.

All the talking heads are saying the exact same things now about Brooks that they said about Brown. He gets guys to buy in, great defensive coach, blah blah blah. Any coach with Durant, Ibaka, Westbrook and Sefalosha is going to have a great defense. Vinny Del Negro could coach these guys to a top 5 defense.

Your offense can't be "hey KD and Russ go do something". And you can't play Perkins 27 minutes. 27 minutes 4 points and 4 rebounds. Reggie Jackson had 3 rebounds in 13 minutes and Perk has a foot on him.

The best part is Perkins should have had 2 points and 3 rebounds but Brooks is a moron who had him on the floor when you were down two with less than 10 seconds to go. Now Brooks feels vindicated by that moronic move and will continue to trot him out there 25+ minutes.

They really have no offense either. If KD or Russ goes down(like last year) they can't score at all. It reminds me of Lebron days at Cleveland with Brown where the coach just expects his star to bail him out time and time again.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'd also like to congratulate Westbrook for dominating the ball when he should give it up to Durant. As long as Westbrook thinks he's as good as Durant and doesn't accept his role, they'll continue to have significant issues.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I would have fired him for the 53rd time at midcourt last night.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    They're missing Harden now.
  • Options
    Ron_FairlyRon_Fairly Member Posts: 368
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    If you fire Scott Brooks, who do you have to replace him? That's what I thought
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I'd also like to congratulate Westbrook for dominating the ball when he should give it up to Durant. As long as Westbrook thinks he's as good as Durant and doesn't accept his role, they'll continue to have significant issues.

You actually believe this? Durant gets plenty of shots. Westbrook has his faults, but he's a great player. Scott Brooks is the problem, not Westbrook.
  • Options
    Not saying that Brooks isn't a problem (combined with cheap ownership that has not built a strong supporting cast around Durant/Westbrook) ... but Westbrook is the #2 option on that team and a damn good one at that. But you live and die with what Durant gives you.

Under a minute to go in regulation last night and Westbrook pounds the ball in the same spot and then jacks up a stand still 3 that he bricks. At no point in the possession did he ever look at giving up the ball.

Too often in big games Westbrook shoots as often as Durant - it should be slightly tilted to Durant's favor as he's generally the more efficient scorer. Durant averaged 1.54 points per shot attempt this year - which is right with LBJ for most efficient scorer in the game (just looking at guys that score/shoot a lot). In contrast, Westbrook was at 1.27 this season. It would be fair to cite that Westbrook was injured this year and that his numbers were down as a result. Last year, Durant averaged 1.59 points per shot attempt. Prior to last season, his rate was in the 1.4-1.5 range for the 3 seasons prior to that (in other words, KD is getting even more effective as a scorer). Westbrook last year was at 1.24 points per shot attempt. In fact, Westbrook's scoring rate per shot attempt this year is more or less inline with his numbers from his 3rd season forward.

Again, Westbrook is a great player and you've got a good shot to win big if he's your 2nd best player. But he also needs to understand who he is, what his strengths are, and just as importantly, who he plays with and his strengths. Combined they jacked 56 shots last night split evenly at 28 shots. Hard not to think that if the split was more in the neighborhood of 32 to 24 that Durant finds a way to score a few more points and then they pull out the victory.

You can mark my words on this ... as long as Westbrook doesn't understand that KD is where the focus of the offense should be at a disproportionate rate and accepts his role of dominating games for stretches when KD is either on the bench or taking a "rest" on the court, they will NOT win a title.
  • Options
    Many talk about Harden leaving OKC as this horrible thing for them - not the case at all. Durant is more than capable of eating up those shots and scoring at a high rate (which Harden does as well). With Harden on the roster, what you'd end up getting is 3 guys taking turns going 1 on 1 ... that actually is relatively easy to defend (see the '77 NBA Finals for a history lesson on that).

The biggest miss for OKC is that they haven't surrounded the roster with much talent that can take the load off of Durant and Westbrook to help make them more efficient.
  • Options
    For those bashing on Westbrook you gotta remember only he and Durant can score down the stretch. Look I'm not a big Westbrook guy and down the stretch Durant needs to shoot more. I also think Westbrook should avoid jacking up seven three pointers as he isn't a great three point shooter.

However, there is no Harden and his idiot coach insists on trotting Perkins and Safolosha out there on crunch time so they are playing 3 on 5. Ibaka is good at getting tip ins and jumpers but can't create his own shot.

For Barkley to say a PG should only shoot 10-15 times I get that but they don't have the pieces around them. Brooks is terrible at calling up plays too. It's literally "Okay Durant or Westbrook go bail me out now, I won't draw up any sets to give you a decent look".

They totally remind me of watching those Lebron Cleveland teams led by Mike Brown. Sure in the regular season that is fine but in the postseason against top tier coaches they are very easy to defend.

Durant and Westbrook are by far and away the best 1-2 punch in the league which is a recipe for multiple titles. With Brooks I doubt they even win one. I can't think of one crappy coach who has won a title in the last 25 years.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Many talk about Harden leaving OKC as this horrible thing for them - not the case at all. Durant is more than capable of eating up those shots and scoring at a high rate (which Harden does as well). With Harden on the roster, what you'd end up getting is 3 guys taking turns going 1 on 1 ... that actually is relatively easy to defend (see the '77 NBA Finals for a history lesson on that).

The biggest miss for OKC is that they haven't surrounded the roster with much talent that can take the load off of Durant and Westbrook to help make them more efficient.

This is completely bullshit. With Harden that is just another guy who can take over. Also it would be harder to double up Durant when you have Harden, Ibaka and Westbrook on the floor.

Also getting three studs is the recipe to success. Bird-Mchale-Parrish , Magic-Kareem-Worthy, Duncan-Parker-Ginoboli, Lebron-Wade-Bosh. The only time you don't need three studs is if you have two great players one of which is by far and away the best player in the game in Shaq-Kobe or Michael-Pippen. Even Michael-Pippen had a Grant or Rodman.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Just stop. Losing a top 10 player is never okay. Harden was also a great secondary ball handler. It was a big deal and they could have had a dynasty if they just would have paid him. They didn't get anything good in return either.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

You actually believe this? Durant gets plenty of shots. Westbrook has his faults, but he's a great player. Scott Brooks is the problem, not Westbrook.

WestbrookFS is a great talent but has a 5cent brain. The "quality" of shots that he took with plenty of time on the shot clock was criminal EVEN without a KD on your roster. As long as Westbrook continues to think He is the man, the Thunder be struck down.

OKC needs a pg, not another superstar. Not a guy who shoots the ball 3 times as much as the scoring champ on the other side of the court in the 4th and OT. They are and will be better off with Reggie Jackson playing pt. Only because Westbrook doesn't get it.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

WestbrookFS is a great talent but has a 5cent brain. The "quality" of shots that he took with plenty of time on the shot clock was criminal EVEN without a KD on your roster. As long as Westbrook continues to think He is the man, the Thunder be struck down.

OKC needs a pg, not another superstar. Not a guy who shoots the ball 3 times as much as the scoring champ on the other side of the court in the 4th and OT. They are and will be better off with Reggie Jackson playing pt. Only because Westbrook doesn't get it.
    They don't need another PG. They just need RW to dial it back a bit in the 4th/OT and let Durant take over.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

Yea because they looked so damn good in last years playoffs when Westbrook went down. Nearly blowing a 3-0 series lead to Houston then losing in 5 games to a Memphis team who was swept the following round.

Good logic.