Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Your favorite brand of blue jeans?

124»

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,068
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2022

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I lost a lot of gay friends when I kept eating at Chick fil A. I hope my continued wearing of Levi's doesn't burn more bridges with my redneck pals. I can't keep up with the ups and downs of brands' political endorsements.

I was talking to Yella about this yesterday and mentioned I actually try to ignore this shit now so I don't have to feel obligated to cut more products out of my life. But when Dick's Sporting Goods went ape shit a few years ago on guns you couldn't help but notice it. It was all over the news. So they were added to my "fuck off I'll never darken your door again" group. With Levi's. And Bank of America. And Bloomberg. And the NYT (and for a whole host of other reasons). And Google. I guess that's about it. Sadly the only one on the list there isn't a good alternative to is Levi's. WSJ better than the NYT any day. Tons of good banks. Bloomberg? LOL. I keep my money in my sock drawer. So whatevs.

How do you avoid Google?
    Duck Duck Go, fren.

Duck Duck Go has an alternative to YouTube? Would rather die than live in a world without YouTube.

And do you just not have a cell phone or is your answer to this shitpole "any brand as long as they're bought off the womens rack and therefore skinny enough to make my testicles disappear and my iPhone use acceptable"?

If you go to forbes.com, homedepot.com (at least weekly for me), Spotify, Twitter, usatoday.com, PayPal, and countless other sites, you're on a site that uses Google Cloud Services.

I try fucking with Google as best as I can by messing with their data collection algorithms, but fullblown escape is not possible unless you live in a cave.
    Oh yeah I have accepted I can't avoid their cloud services. But I can at least avoid their browser, search engine and e-mail platforms. I can only control what I can control.
    Wtf browser do you use
    You serious Clark? Firefox. Way better privacy than those shits at Chrome crap out. And NOT Google. The best part. I want to try Edge but heard it actually runs off Chromium. LOL. Stupid Bill Gates you turd. I heard good things about Opera but haven't tried it.

edit: someone was telling me Brave is a super secure Browser but I haven't done any research at all into it. I should.

edit part 2 electric boogaloo: Going to try Brave soon. Just went to check them out. Looks epic. Even better than Firefox on privacy and everything looks pretty slick.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,646
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Levi's
    I stopped using Firefox a few years ago and I don't remember why. I moved to it from Netscape communicator. At the time it was really important to me to have a client email program that integrated with my browser. Again, I don't remember why. Firefox had a companion email program called Thunderbird.

I loved the control and privacy features, but I think I got tired of having to visit forums to figure out how to make things work. These days Google has made me so lazy...everything integrated seamlessly as it is, that I can't muster the energy to go to something else even though I hate having Google's fingers in everything I do.

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,327
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2022
    Lee
    chuck said:

I stopped using Firefox a few years ago and I don't remember why. I moved to it from Netscape communicator. At the time it was really important to me to have a client email program that integrated with my browser. Again, I don't remember why. Firefox had a companion email program called Thunderbird.

I loved the control and privacy features, but I think I got tired of having to visit forums to figure out how to make things work. These days Google has made me so lazy...everything integrated seamlessly as it is, that I can't muster the energy to go to something else even though I hate having Google's fingers in everything I do.

Firefox works perfectly now. Even on mobile. Excellent collection of extensions, too. For a while, Flash didn't work and Firefox pushed HTML5 and that broke some things. Nothing's Flash anymore, so Firefox won that battle. Firefox also had bad memory leaks, but that's a thing of the past as well. I do wish they'd debloat it and make it as lean as it used to be, but there's always a number of lightweight open source Firefox-based browsers if you want REALLY lightweight.

For me, Firefox + Adblock Plus + Ghostery is the winning combo.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Levi's

Had no idea about Levi and guns

Still don't care

I like wear my Levi’s while listening to my Neil Young records. Just don’t care about the minutia.
    I like to wear my mine while shooting guns and chewing Copenhagen and listening to NPR in my hybrid.

chuck said:

Firefox works perfectly now. Even on mobile. Excellent collection of extensions, too. For a while, Flash didn't work and Firefox pushed HTML5 and that broke some things. Nothing's Flash anymore, so Firefox won that battle. Firefox also had bad memory leaks, but that's a thing of the past as well. I do wish they'd debloat it and make it as lean as it used to be, but there's always a number of lightweight open source Firefox-based browsers if you want REALLY lightweight.

Had the same extensions on Firefox when I last used it. I also had a Java script blocker, can't remember the name but the symbol was a snake. It was a little annoying to have to enable scripts at times, but it was cool to be able to block some of the sneaky mofos running shit I didn't ask for on my computer.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's generational

Levi's with holes and patches were a chick magnet back in the day

I've been married 36 years so who cares?

Close.

This was the chick magnet.

Denim jackets > jeans. Not even close.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,607
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I lost a lot of gay friends when I kept eating at Chick fil A. I hope my continued wearing of Levi's doesn't burn more bridges with my redneck pals. I can't keep up with the ups and downs of brands' political endorsements.

I was talking to Yella about this yesterday and mentioned I actually try to ignore this shit now so I don't have to feel obligated to cut more products out of my life. But when Dick's Sporting Goods went ape shit a few years ago on guns you couldn't help but notice it. It was all over the news. So they were added to my "fuck off I'll never darken your door again" group. With Levi's. And Bank of America. And Bloomberg. And the NYT (and for a whole host of other reasons). And Google. I guess that's about it. Sadly the only one on the list there isn't a good alternative to is Levi's. WSJ better than the NYT any day. Tons of good banks. Bloomberg? LOL. I keep my money in my sock drawer. So whatevs.

How do you avoid Google?
    Duck Duck Go, fren.

Duck Duck Go has an alternative to YouTube? Would rather die than live in a world without YouTube.

And do you just not have a cell phone or is your answer to this shitpole "any brand as long as they're bought off the womens rack and therefore skinny enough to make my testicles disappear and my iPhone use acceptable"?

If you go to forbes.com, homedepot.com (at least weekly for me), Spotify, Twitter, usatoday.com, PayPal, and countless other sites, you're on a site that uses Google Cloud Services.

I try fucking with Google as best as I can by messing with their data collection algorithms, but fullblown escape is not possible unless you live in a cave.
    Oh yeah I have accepted I can't avoid their cloud services. But I can at least avoid their browser, search engine and e-mail platforms. I can only control what I can control.
    Wtf browser do you use
    You serious Clark? Firefox. Way better privacy than those shits at Chrome crap out. And NOT Google. The best part. I want to try Edge but heard it actually runs off Chromium. LOL. Stupid Bill Gates you turd. I heard good things about Opera but haven't tried it.

edit: someone was telling me Brave is a super secure Browser but I haven't done any research at all into it. I should.

edit part 2 electric boogaloo: Going to try Brave soon. Just went to check them out. Looks epic. Even better than Firefox on privacy and everything looks pretty slick.
    Mozilla is a group of whiny liberal fags.

Edge is chrome

I mean...of all the things I'm just not gonna take a stand on this one
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,607

chuck said:

Ublock origin bitch
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jeans suck btw. I heard a girl once say she hated it when guys wore jeans. I took the advice and it’s worked well. Up the sweatpants wardrobe, get some joggers. If you wear athletic shoes with jeans you have no fashion sense at all.

Blue jeans do mostly look awful. Black or grey ones are better.

You go out for drinks wearing sweatpants?
    I have. Not in some KMart brand grey sweats. There are nice sweats and joggers. You don’t have to wear blue jeans.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    F.O. Row Peter Puffer, you left off...
    has anyone noticed how the subject matter bounces around on some threads? or is it just me....

Me I prefer shopping at farm stores, more pockets on there genes
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,076
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Levi's
    LebamDawg said:

has anyone noticed how the subject matter bounces around on some threads? or is it just me....

I thought a goat roper like you @LebamDawg would be into the Wranglers.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Levi's

LebamDawg said:

About two weeks after I moved onto the farm we stopped at a church community sale thing. My GF comes up to me with two pairs of Wranglers in my size with a big shit eating grin. "You're a horse rancher now Chuck" she says.

So anyways, those things didn't hold up any better than my hiking pants did. Levis have proven way tougher.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Levi's
    chuck said:

LebamDawg said:

About two weeks after I moved onto the farm we stopped at a church community sale thing. My GF comes up to me with two pairs of Wranglers in my size with a big shit eating grin. "You're a horse rancher now Chuck" she says.

So anyways, those things didn't hold up any better than my hiking pants did. Levis have proven way tougher.
    I always thought Wranglers were ugly as sin.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Levi's

chuck said:

LebamDawg said:

I always thought Wranglers were ugly as sin.
    Me too and all I ever saw was the redneck straight/tight cut that makes no sense if you plan moving and working. The ones I had weren't bad though. They basically looked like the loose fitting Levis...560 or whatever they were.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    F.O. Row Peter Puffer, you left off...
    Actually, the best for work when bending, picking up, throwing hay, getting knocked over by goats, etc are Key jeans. They have the metal buttons for suspenders. Now you be styling.

OK

overalls can be better

but not this

and no one like this

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,586
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No one wears lululemon sweatpants?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Levi's
    haie said:

No one wears lululemon sweatpants?

I have a pair. Plus two pairs of their shorts.