Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Your favorite brand of blue jeans?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,071
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

Your favorite brand of blue jeans? 22 votes

Lee
9%
DerekJohnson1to392831weretaken 2 votes
Ralph Lauren
4%
Fishpo31 1 vote
Carharrt
0%
Gap
0%
Levi's
31%
RaceBannonchuckdfleabiak1GreenRiverGatorzYellowSnowJoeEDangerously 7 votes
Wranglers
22%
Mad_SonYouKnowItCougzzUSMChawkbooker14 5 votes
Calvin Klein
0%
American Eagle
0%
Tommy Hilfiger
0%
F.O. Row Peter Puffer, you left off...
31%
MikeDamoneBennyBeavergreenbloodpawzLebamDawgEl_KTheRoarOfTheCrowd 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,646
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Levi's
    I own two pairs of jeans. One Carhart which are way to freakin heavy and stiff to do anything useful in. The others are Levi's and I wear them, maybe, 5 times per year. I've had the carharts for 10-15 years and they're still pretty new.

I can't actually think of a reason for jeans to exist for men. Theyre hot, heavy, restrictive, and get and stay soaked in the rain or if you do anything active, Women, on the other hand...say yes to skinny, low cut jeans.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2022
    Just bought a couple pairs of RR jeans at the local farm store (old habits are hard to break) Atwoods in Tyler

$9.99 a pair. Used to be Kirkland at $12.99
    on a farm you go thru jeans too fast to pay big bucks.
    now that I am off the farm, I am just a cheap bastard

Edit: @chuck is correct - Carthart suck and are expensive
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,767
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Levi's
    There's only one brand
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,111
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lucky Brand. 181s.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,646
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2022
    Levi's

There's only one brand

I’ve basically been wearing the same jeans since middle school. Button fly 501s are the most iconic piece of clothing ever invented.

Real cowboys like Rip Wheeler wear old faded Levi’s, not Wranglers. Freddy Mercury wore Wranglers. People forget that.

I’ve tried a few other brands like Sevens which are way too douchey or Lucky Brand which just suck.

@chuck what is a man supposed to wear besides blue jeans ? Sweats? Chinos? I’m at loss.
    I mostly wear pants that people would hike in. I'm all about light and unrestricted. When it's cold I wear long underwear and/or fleece lined pants.

LebamDawg is absolutely right about farm work. It's hard as fuck on pants and cheap jeans are the way to go. I shredded a lot of my favorite pants in my first couple of years on the ranch. Shit just jumps out and grabs them everywhere you go.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @chuck its the fucking fencing - my arms are scarred to beat hell from high tension fencing.

First time I ever messed with barbed wire I found some buried on some property I had. Cleaning up the mess I started digging it up. Of course those barbs ripped holes and skin until I had to go get patched up. When I went back to digging it up I started at the far end, this string was a single strand about 75 foot long, so I finally broke it loose, not taking into account how good of a memory a roll of high tension barbed wire has after 30-40 years, I hear a funny noise and look up (and thank god for safety lens on my glasses) and that wire is about 15 feet from me and rolling up faster than I can move. It rolled up on me and the end comes in and shattered my right lens on my glasses.

I ended it all, walked away and went and had a beer.

I know CSB
  • Options
    booker14booker14 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 147
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wranglers
    I always liked Levi's and wore them. When they went seriously anti 2A I said fuck them and went elsewhere. I know my few dollars doesn't hurt them but I have my principles. Fuck Dick's Sporting goods too. Told Bank of America to fuck off as well.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Levi's
    booker14 said:

I always liked Levi's and wore them. When they went seriously anti 2A I said fuck them and went elsewhere. I know my few dollars doesn't hurt them but I have my principles. Fuck Dick's Sporting goods too. Told Bank of America to fuck off as well.

I just can’t mix politics and jeans. My brand loyalty is too strong here.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wranglers
    @YellowSnow I get it and have no problem with that. Related to brand loyalty and for something you can relate to, I still have a bunch of vintage SAE stereo gear that I use because in my youth it was my dream and beyond my means. Years later I finally bought some rebuilt/upgraded units that I still use and they sound pretty good.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Levi's
    booker14 said:

@YellowSnow I get it and have no problem with that. Related to brand loyalty and for something you can relate to, I still have a bunch of vintage SAE stereo gear that I use because in my youth it was my dream and beyond my means. Years later I finally bought some rebuilt/upgraded units that I still use and they sound pretty good.

Apparently they are back in bidness after a multi decade hiatus. https://audiophilereview.com/amps/a-43-year-old-passion-for-sae/

My 42 year old McIntosh receiver needs to be refurbished so i went with a new amp that is an upgrade. But I still love the vintage stuff too.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wranglers
    I

booker14 said:

Apparently they are back in bidness after a multi decade hiatus. https://audiophilereview.com/amps/a-43-year-old-passion-for-sae/

My 42 year old McIntosh receiver needs to be refurbished so i went with a new amp that is an upgrade. But I still love the vintage stuff too.
    I'm looking to upgrade now as well. I've got a pair of new in the box JBL 4312G studio monitors and want an amp that does them justice for near and mid-field sound. Almost everything in the 70's was mixed on the original model so I think if I get it set up right they will be amazing. Current old school setup:

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Levi's
    booker14 said:

I

booker14 said:

I'm looking to upgrade now as well. I've got a pair of new in the box JBL 4312G studio monitors and want an amp that does them justice for near and mid-field sound. Almost everything in the 70's was mixed on the original model so I think if I get it set up right they will be amazing. Current old school setup:

BRB, JO

I've been interested in the "new" JBL L100 speakers but they might be too much speaker for my smallish living room.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Prana
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,282
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Banana Republic
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Levi's
    Now the dandy votes are coming in
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,068
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I was a huge Levi's fan. I also abandoned them when they went hard anti-2A. I abandon EVERYONE who goes hard anti-gun. It is my one non-negotiable. Since my Levi days I have worn a mix of the brand Mossimo (sort of a Target store brand I think) and Ralph Lauren. Couple pairs of Old Navy in there as well. I'm a jeans hunter gatherer now. Fuck you for making me do this Levi's.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Levi's
    Swaye said:

I was a huge Levi's fan. I also abandoned them when they went hard anti-2A. I abandon EVERYONE who goes hard anti-gun. It is my one non-negotiable. Since my Levi days I have worn a mix of the brand Mossimo (sort of a Target store brand I think) and Ralph Lauren. Couple pairs of Old Navy in there as well. I'm a jeans hunter gatherer now. Fuck you for making me do this Levi's.

JFC @Swaye don’t you know that RL and Old Navy donate millions to the American Throat Cancer Society and massive cigar tax increases?