Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Miami Fans Become Husky Fans Overnight

13»

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,022
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

The part i don’t seem to understand in all this is Mario’s involvement. He had more talent than most schools in the pac 12 and still found a way to get out coached by the likes of Herm and Shaw. Got smoked by the Utes 2x in 3 weeks. No matter how much talent he gets he’s still not a good in game coach. Have Miami fans not noticed this?

Eh, not sure that’s a settled point. IMO a real problem he showed was sticking with a historically bad QB. With AB your assertion of him having more talent is not exactly compelling.

And he out-coached Pete twice. So there’s that.
    Meat had JH at QB. Pete had Brownsocks. JH made Meat a good coach for two years. Despite him. Not so much the next two. He brought in that historically bad QB. And was too stubborn to own it and make the change.
    All teams who win big games and have good or great seasons have good players. Extending your logic, Nick Saban is a shitty coach who just happens to have the best players.

This may be the most WDWHA I've seen from the Oregon crowd. I get it; you didn't want him anyway.

PS: JH is a better pro than he was a college QB. 50 offensive coordinators in 4 years will do that to you. He won a RB. Ask Justin how he feels about Meat.
    I glad the average HC is gone. I just like reminding folks how average he was when talk of him competing with the SEC is out there. He could take Saban's talent and not win anything of consequence. He had a generational QB that would have been the #1 pick if he left early and turned him into the #6 pick behind a midget from Bama.
    You've jumped the shark. At one point you had a point. Now you have officially punched your WDWHA ticket to ride.

I get it. YDWHA.

'Generational QB.' Lolz.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,796 Founders Club
    pawz said:

Sounds like you care

Very much.

@MikeSeaver Don't be weird.

@PurpleBaze
    I don't know what's going on here.
    Standard.

@PurpleBaze
    A dick? No! You have a puffy little ginage between your supple thighs.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,246

trublue said:

I got your point Creep.

JH is a much better QB in the pros because his head coach doesn’t run the Pistol offense.

Big kid, big arm coming out of high school. Not an early enrollee. High football IQ, learned the playbook. Thrown to the Dawgs as a true freshman.

I hope Meat keeps the fucking Pistol in Miami.

BTW: That mediocre lif-time D coordinator collects a nice big fat yearly pension from the State of Oregon.

Mediocre is a much better description than he deserves.

Frankly doubt that Herbert would ever say anything negative publicly about any of his coaches. Not that type of dude.

He didn’t put a lot of time into football - few camps, no 7X7 stuff.

3* local recruit. I believe Oregon was his only FBS offer.

Played football, basketball and baseball in high school.

All his eggs weren’t in the football basket.

Re Justin Herbert, I was always a supporter. Don't twist it. If I had the inclination, I could find several Duck posts ripping the kid to which I responded. There were 1,000s of such posts by DWAGs. After the loss at CUOG, a lot of people jumped on his shit. "Lacks fire in his belly" "Soft" "Where's he throwing it?" etc. etc. I ALWAYS said the kid was behind the curve because of the point in time in Oregon history at which he showed up. We're all surprised he's as elite as he is already, but nobody should be shocked he's a good pro.

But he was what he was when Mario took over, and the discussions these days is Mario lucked into San Diego Herbert. He didn't. Yeah, he inherited a QB with a shit-ton of athletic gifts and QB potential, but theretofore it had been untapped. Said more succinctly, it's not as if Criscoballz showed up and inherited a polished Andrew Luck. Those are different scenarios.
    Hubert will achieve what Foutsy never did. Cook it.

The era of Los Angeles NFL dominance and California Leadership has only begun. Am I right @coronabruin or am I right?
    Herbert is going to have to get through Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, and Lamar Jackson. All young guys who are all winners.
  • DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,308

dnc said:

Nobody stans 91 Miami harder than Oregon fans, so does this make them Doogs too?

Something tells me that Oregon no longer respecks Miami.
    Unless YOU have proof in HAND...it’s speculation for YOU. ‘Those who know’....meaning YOU are not a ‘THOSE’. I didn’t create the English language but ‘speculation’ is pretty cut and dry. Unless you are an eye witness, YOU are speculating. Word of mouth is not proof.