Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Miami Fans Become Husky Fans Overnight

Comments

• MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    The part i don’t seem to understand in all this is Mario’s involvement. He had more talent than most schools in the pac 12 and still found a way to get out coached by the likes of Herm and Shaw. Got smoked by the Utes 2x in 3 weeks. No matter how much talent he gets he’s still not a good in game coach. Have Miami fans not noticed this?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,022

The part i don’t seem to understand in all this is Mario’s involvement. He had more talent than most schools in the pac 12 and still found a way to get out coached by the likes of Herm and Shaw. Got smoked by the Utes 2x in 3 weeks. No matter how much talent he gets he’s still not a good in game coach. Have Miami fans not noticed this?

Eh, not sure that’s a settled point. IMO a real problem he showed was sticking with a historically bad QB. With AB your assertion of him having more talent is not exactly compelling.

And he out-coached Pete twice. So there’s that.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

Eh, not sure that’s a settled point. IMO a real problem he showed was sticking with a historically bad QB. With AB your assertion of him having more talent is not exactly compelling.

Meat had JH at QB. Pete had Brownsocks. JH made Meat a good coach for two years. Despite him. Not so much the next two. He brought in that historically bad QB. And was too stubborn to own it and make the change.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,615 Founders Club
    At this point, shifting the power away from the SEC is desperately needed. Historically, I trust in these sleazeball programs to match their cheating.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    edited February 2022

Miami knocked the Bruins out of the BCS in 98 after winning a rescheduled game due to a Hurricane

Also met in the legendary Fiesta Bowl New Years 85

When you let a running back walk you for 300 hundy, you don't deserve no stinking BCS, even if the running back in question is Edgerinn James.

I’m 1998, Nick Aliotti was the DC at UCLA. Beating UCLA with Nick Aliotti as DC is nothing to brag about.

He was fired at end of his one season at UCLA and crawled back to Oregon . . .
    46XiJCAB said:

Meat had JH at QB. Pete had Brownsocks. JH made Meat a good coach for two years. Despite him. Not so much the next two. He brought in that historically bad QB. And was too stubborn to own it and make the change.
    All teams who win big games and have good or great seasons have good players. Extending your logic, Nick Saban is a shitty coach who just happens to have the best players.

This may be the most WDWHA I've seen from the Oregon crowd. I get it; you didn't want him anyway.

PS: JH is a better pro than he was a college QB. 50 offensive coordinators in 4 years will do that to you. He won a RB. Ask Justin how he feels about Meat.
    trublue said:

Miami knocked the Bruins out of the BCS in 98 after winning a rescheduled game due to a Hurricane

Also met in the legendary Fiesta Bowl New Years 85

When you let a running back walk you for 300 hundy, you don't deserve no stinking BCS, even if the running back in question is Edgerinn James.

I’m 1998, Nick Aliotti was the DC at UCLA. Beating UCLA with Nick Aliotti as DC is nothing to brag about.

He was fired at end of his one season at UCLA and crawled back to Oregon . . .
    Nobody is bragging my fine feathered friend. Read the thread ese. @RaceBannon brought it up. The point, which seems to have flown over your head somewhat, is that a #3 ranked team with designs on the BCS won't be heard to complain about a reschedule after giving up a 300 yard day to one running back on an unranked team. Although that running back's bust is sitting in the HOF, so you might want to give your former life-tim D coordinator a little slack. Or don't. Either way.
    edited February 2022
    I got your point Creep.

JH is a much better QB in the pros because his head coach doesn’t run the Pistol offense.

Big kid, big arm coming out of high school. Not an early enrollee. High football IQ, learned the playbook. Thrown to the Dawgs as a true freshman.

I hope Meat keeps the fucking Pistol in Miami.

BTW: That mediocre lif-time D coordinator collects a nice big fat yearly pension from the State of Oregon.

Mediocre is a much better description than he deserves.

Frankly doubt that Herbert would ever say anything negative publicly about any of his coaches. Not that type of dude.

He didn’t put a lot of time into football - few camps, no 7X7 stuff.

3* local recruit. I believe Oregon was his only FBS offer.

Played football, basketball and baseball in high school.

All his eggs weren’t in the football basket.

edited February 2022
    trublue said:

I got your point Creep.

JH is a much better QB in the pros because his head coach doesn’t run the Pistol offense.

Big kid, big arm coming out of high school. Not an early enrollee. High football IQ, learned the playbook. Thrown to the Dawgs as a true freshman.

BTW: That mediocre lif-time D coordinator collects a nice big fat yearly pension from the State of Oregon.

Frankly doubt that Herbert would ever say anything negative publicly about any of his coaches. Not that type of dude.

Re Justin Herbert, I was always a supporter. Don't twist it. If I had the inclination, I could find several Duck posts ripping the kid to which I responded. There were 1,000s of such posts by DWAGs. After the loss at CUOG, a lot of people jumped on his shit. "Lacks fire in his belly" "Soft" "Where's he throwing it?" etc. etc. I ALWAYS said the kid was behind the curve because of the point in time in Oregon history at which he showed up. We're all surprised he's as elite as he is already, but nobody should be shocked he's a good pro.

But he was what he was when Mario took over, and the discussions these days is Mario lucked into San Diego Herbert. He didn't. Yeah, he inherited a QB with a shit-ton of athletic gifts and QB potential, but theretofore it had been untapped. Said more succinctly, it's not as if Criscoballz showed up and inherited a polished Andrew Luck. Those are different scenarios.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,118 Founders Club

trublue said:

I got your point Creep.

Re Justin Herbert, I was always a supporter. Don't twist it. If I had the inclination, I could find several Duck posts ripping the kid to which I responded. There were 1,000s of such posts by DWAGs. After the loss at CUOG, a lot of people jumped on his shit. "Lacks fire in his belly" "Soft" "Where's he throwing it?" etc. etc. I ALWAYS said the kid was behind the curve because of the point in time in Oregon history at which he showed up. We're all surprised he's as elite as he is already, but nobody should be shocked he's a good pro.

But he was what he was when Mario took over, and the discussions these days is Mario lucked into San Diego Herbert. He didn't. Yeah, he inherited a QB with a shit-ton of athletic gifts and QB potential, but theretofore it had been untapped. Said more succinctly, it's not as if Criscoballz showed up and inherited a polished Andrew Luck. Those are different scenarios.
    Hubert will achieve what Foutsy never did. Cook it.

The era of Los Angeles NFL dominance and California Leadership has only begun. Am I right @coronabruin or am I right?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    USC has become insufferable overnight.

FTG. And fuck "metro sexual, don't put it in the hands of my star QB" Lincoln Riley.
    haie said:

USC has become insufferable overnight.

FTG. And fuck "metro sexual, don't put it in the hands of my star QB" Lincoln Riley.

I am quietly hoping for a USC fail myself. No hiding it: just bitter resentment that somebody else might have it better than me.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited February 2022

USC is still extremely thin heading into next year. Let’s see how Riley recruits after going 7-5 next year.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,204

USC is still extremely thin heading into next year. Let’s see how Riley recruits after going 7-5 next year.

this point is going to be moot with the transfer portal BUT STILL lets see riley actually develop a qb.

i was told in the preseason that rattler was a heisman candidate, not the case.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

this point is going to be moot with the transfer portal BUT STILL lets see riley actually develop a qb.

The transfer portal tends to work for offensive players. But I can’t remember a defensive standout out of the transfer portal. I may be wrong. Riley has always been an offensive mastermind, but defensively he’s been almost as bad as Kingsbury.

I had near front row seats and watched Rattler struggle badly against Long Horn and Sark. We know how good they were now.

The transfer portal tends to work for offensive players. But I can’t remember a defensive standout out of the transfer portal. I may be wrong. Riley has always been an offensive mastermind, but defensively he’s been almost as bad as Kingsbury.
    Jaelan Phillips and Quincy Roche at Miami both had positive portal outcomes. Bubba Bolden did well there too; remains to be seen if it translates to the draft. But I think you're generally right.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

46XiJCAB said:

All teams who win big games and have good or great seasons have good players. Extending your logic, Nick Saban is a shitty coach who just happens to have the best players.

This may be the most WDWHA I've seen from the Oregon crowd. I get it; you didn't want him anyway.

PS: JH is a better pro than he was a college QB. 50 offensive coordinators in 4 years will do that to you. He won a RB. Ask Justin how he feels about Meat.
    I glad the average HC is gone. I just like reminding folks how average he was when talk of him competing with the SEC is out there. He could take Saban's talent and not win anything of consequence. He had a generational QB that would have been the #1 pick if he left early and turned him into the #6 pick behind a midget from Bama.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,217 Founders Club

Sounds like you care

Very much.

@MikeSeaver Don't be weird.

@PurpleBaze
    I don't know what's going on here.
    Standard.

@PurpleBaze