Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

College Playoffs suck

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,118 Founders Club

I’ve always enjoyed watching the best players in the world play.

The NFL used to be a little too conservative and every offense was the same. That isn’t the case anymore. Teams go for it on 4th down on the wrong side of the 50. I mean, we root for a team that once punted on 4th and 1 at the Oregon 39 yard line.

The Chargers probably didn’t make the playoffs because they were too aggressive going for it on 4th down.

The Chargers didn't make the play off because I'm not allowed to have nice things.

I attended many a San Diego Chargers loss in a half empty Jack Murphy stadium in the 80s. Then I realized in 1990 I could start liking UW because my dad was an alumni and this college football thing was way more fun.

Now I'm back to square one with a big dick Duck QB and no Super Bowl prospects.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam

The NFL used to be a little too conservative and every offense was the same. That isn’t the case anymore. Teams go for it on 4th down on the wrong side of the 50. I mean, we root for a team that once punted on 4th and 1 at the Oregon 39 yard line.

The Chargers probably didn’t make the playoffs because they were too aggressive going for it on 4th down.

The Chargers didn't make the play off because I'm not allowed to have nice things.

I attended many a San Diego Chargers loss in a half empty Jack Murphy stadium in the 80s. Then I realized in 1990 I could start liking UW because my dad was an alumni and this college football thing was way more fun.

I'm calling it now. Chargers in Super Bowl 2023. The salary cap is gonna hit most of the other good teams in the AFC, except Cincinnati -- but I don't see the Bengals going back-to-back. It's kind of a miracle they made it this year. Chargers have a lot of room to make some moves to help the duck. (Shore up that D-line against the rush maybe?)

#MyBolts
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 829 Founders Club
    edited February 2022

College football used to be set apart from the NFL. More passion and tradition. More fun. Especially away games. Now everything that made it different has been tossed.

Let me tell you about life down South....
  • theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    TheHB said:

I'm calling it now. Chargers in Super Bowl 2023. The salary cap is gonna hit most of the other good teams in the AFC, except Cincinnati -- but I don't see the Bengals going back-to-back. It's kind of a miracle they made it this year. Chargers have a lot of room to make some moves to help the duck. (Shore up that D-line against the rush maybe?)

#MyBolts
    If the chargers fix their run defense I agree, I think they can make a deep playoff run.
    But disagree with the bengals, should have all of the WRs back and Joey B, if they can get a couple decent olinemen they should be just as good if not better, but that’s a lot easier said than done

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    theLSkid said:

TheHB said:

#MyBolts
    If the chargers fix their run defense I agree, I think they can make a deep playoff run.
    But disagree with the bengals, should have all of the WRs back and Joey B, if they can get a couple decent olinemen they should be just as good if not better, but that’s a lot easier said than done

Bengals got a 2 year window until they have to start paying players.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,366 Founders Club

CFB used to be a more passionate game than the NFL. It's the other way around now.

Watching the same 3-5 CFB programs duke it out every year is just a total fail.

We are about to watch a Bengals vs. Rams Super Bowl. That's roughly equivalent to a Purdue vs. Cal National Championship. How likely is that? CFB is broken. Completely.
    edited February 2022
    Swaye said:

CFB used to be a more passionate game than the NFL. It's the other way around now.

Watching the same 3-5 CFB programs duke it out every year is just a total fail.

We are about to watch a Bengals vs. Rams Super Bowl. That's roughly equivalent to a Purdue vs. Cal National Championship. How likely is that? CFB is broken. Completely.
    I'd call it more like Purdue vs. Utah (Rams are a good team), but your point stands.
    edited February 2022

Rodgers won a SB then started losing conference title games

Wilson won a SB then lost one then years of playoff loses

Mahomes with 2 SB and 1 win with 4 straight conference title games is about as good as it gets for QBs not named Brady

McVey is at his second SB with his second QB. The Gibbs method

Burrow and the Bengals need to take advantage. This shit is fleeting

Big reason Brady won because he took a pay cut to keep the gravy train running
    FireCohen said:

Mahomes with 2 SB and 1 win with 4 straight conference title games is about as good as it gets for QBs not named Brady

Started watching Man in the Arena (yeah I'm bored shitless). I have always hated Brady -- well, maybe for 75% of his career. But watching that documentary, it's pretty clear why he's the GOAT.

(I still fucking hate the Patriots. Tedy Bruschi and Mike Vrabel can DIAFF.)
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,868 Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

And he had a smart GM that rebuilt on the fly. Seattle *could* have because Wilson was young when they won

People forget that Brady won in 01,03, and 04 then nada until they beat Seattle in 14

Two loses to the Giants in between
    TheHB said:

FireCohen said:

Started watching Man in the Arena (yeah I'm bored shitless). I have always hated Brady -- well, maybe for 75% of his career. But watching that documentary, it's pretty clear why he's the GOAT.

Patriots can get fucked for all I care, but have to respect the winner that Brady is.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,739
    FireCohen said:

TheHB said:

FireCohen said:

Patriots can get fucked for all I care, but have to respect the winner that Brady is.
    Brady does what every QB should do. Works like a maniac on completing short passes with perfect ball placement.

That means everything in the NFL.

Even the most diehard CFB fan has to acknowledge that the NFL has had the superior product for the better part of two decades now.

It's honestly impressive how they do it. They rule with an iron fist, crush dissenters, bulldoze the players union, sustain scandal after scandal and threats of cancellation from soft shit losers on both ends of the spectrum, and then continue to print money while putting out one of the most consistently fantastic products in sports. The entire world now knows that the sport turns participants' brains into jelly, and yet business is booming with no signs of slowing down. Roger Goodell is the most hated man in sports while also being the most capable and successful commissioner we've ever seen. They're a fuck paradox of winning and fuck you if you don't like it.

Unlike the NBA, the patience are not running the asylum.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

FireCohen said:

And he had a smart GM that rebuilt on the fly. Seattle *could* have because Wilson was young when they won

People forget that Brady won in 01,03, and 04 then nada until they beat Seattle in 14

Two loses to the Giants in between
    The Seahawks made absolutely horrible trades for impact players and drafted poorly. They also held on to guys a year or two too long. Both of these things have continued on and have still been happening.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,563 Standard Supporter

The NFL OT rules are shit as fuck. They gotta clean that part up.

CFB OT rules are so bad they keep trying to make OT shorter.

FireCohen said:

Even the most diehard CFB fan has to acknowledge that the NFL has had the superior product for the better part of two decades now.

It's honestly impressive how they do it. They rule with an iron fist, crush dissenters, bulldoze the players union, sustain scandal after scandal and threats of cancellation from soft shit losers on both ends of the spectrum, and then continue to print money while putting out one of the most consistently fantastic products in sports. The entire world now knows that the sport turns participants' brains into jelly, and yet business is booming with no signs of slowing down. Roger Goodell is the most hated man in sports while also being the most capable and successful commissioner we've ever seen. They're a fuck paradox of winning and fuck you if you don't like it.

Unlike the NBA, the patience are not running the asylum.
    *patients

Engrish is haad