Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

College Playoffs suck

TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
Compared to the NFL.

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    Not enough teams try to be good in college. In the pros at least half or more give a legit effort.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    FireCohen said:

CFB fucked up, trying to copy the NFL model without the salary cap

The nfl playoffs existed and were good prior to a salary cap. Some of us non millennials even saw the games.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

FireCohen said:

CFB fucked up, trying to copy the NFL model without the salary cap

The nfl playoffs existed and were good prior to a salary cap. Some of us non millennials even saw the games.
    According to some, football did not start till 1995
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,739
    Back in the 80s and 90s you had multiple programs with a legit chance for an NC within a 2-4 year cycle, now the CFP/TV-contract era has whittled it down to just a handful who dominate for a 6-10 year cycle?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

CFB used to be a more passionate game than the NFL. It's the other way around now.

Watching the same 3-5 CFB programs duke it out every year is just a total fail.

The nfl product is pretty fucking amazing at this point. The last 2 weekends were some really great football
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    Football is something else when everyone is playing their guts out. I don't give a shit about any nfl teams, but today I thought and cared. I didn't really care who won but I got excited anyways. Those were some good games.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited January 2022

The NFL OT rules are shit as fuck. They gotta clean that part up.

The NFL OT rules are designed like they are because of TV rights. It’s going to be extremely difficult to change the OT rules in the regular season, but during the playoffs, I think there should be much more flexibility.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,118 Founders Club

CFB used to be a more passionate game than the NFL. It's the other way around now.

I used exude an attitude of cultural superiority/snobbery to NFL (first) fans. Years on a gay ass, Blue Friday, when everyone would wear a Hawks jersey to work, I had on the UW purple and gold rep tie.

But I just don't have it anymore. The pride has been beaten out of me.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I used exude an attitude of cultural superiority/snobbery to NFL (first) fans. Years on a gay ass, Blue Friday, when everyone would wear a Hawks jersey to work, I had on the UW purple and gold rep tie.

But I just don't have it anymore. The pride has been beaten out of me.
    ^this

College football used to be set apart from the NFL. More passion and tradition. More fun. Especially away games. Now everything that made it different has been tossed.

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

The Bengals didn't cry about the OT rules. They won anyway

I'm sure they would have, had the Chiefs scored a TD. It's stupid to bash it. Everyone except for Donovan McNabb understands the OT rules, so in that sense, it's a level playing field.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,678 Swaye's Wigwam
    The NFL just had the best ever playoffs and 2nd place isnt close. This is recency bias

College football regular season is still far superior. The Playoffs suck donkey cock though. Need to have at minimum an 8 team playoff
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,246

NFL >>> College Football. There - I said it.

It’s a fair. It’s honest.

You know it's sad, but true.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam

The NFL just had the best ever playoffs and 2nd place isnt close. This is recency bias

College football regular season is still far superior. The Playoffs suck donkey cock though. Need to have at minimum an 8 team playoff

Yes, regular season of college football is still supreme. But it's not recency bias when it comes to the playoffs -- NFL has been better than college since the first couple years the colleges instituted them. They either need to open the floodgates with a true tournament and scrap the bowls altogether or they need to go back to the way things were in olden times. Maybe have the top 2 play off for the national title after the bowls ... but right now, the college football postseason is a joke.