Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

1st rd Playoff prediction thread.... for playoff prediction superiority guys.

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    dhdawg said:

I'm sorry but did Durant even score a point in OT? The durant-lebron conversation needs to die, seriously

Maybe RoadDawg can finally admit he was wrong on the Durant-Lebron talk.

No way if you switch them you have the same result no way.

If Durant was on OKC they would be going to the Finals IMO. Lebron simply makes his teammates better that has to count for something.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Durant definitely dropped a notch in the playoffs to me. He really struggled in the Memphis series but just wasn't anything approaching clutch or unguardable more than a game here or there. No question LeBron is far and away the best player in the game right now. This won't be popular, but at this point I think George is closer to Durant than Durant is to James.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    But still, that Westbrook shot.

• Options
    Durant has no inside game yet which is the disappointment. He's still a catch and shoot guy. He relies on jumpers while late in the game when you are playing 50 minutes your legs are tired. So it's tough to make jumpers.

Why Westbrook could still score but Durant couldn't. When Durant puts the ball on the floor it's just awkward to watch.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Durant has no inside game yet which is the disappointment. He's still a catch and shoot guy. He relies on jumpers while late in the game when you are playing 50 minutes your legs are tired. So it's tough to make jumpers.

Why Westbrook could still score but Durant couldn't. When Durant puts the ball on the floor it's just awkward to watch.

Ugh, no. Durant didn't play well in the clutch today. Saying he's awkward with the ball is FS. Name a better ball handler that is 6'10" or taller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXonsFmXAmY

• Options
  • Options
    dnc said:

Damn that was quick! Yes that is the play I'm talking about with his ball handling.

I saw him struggle against Memphis when he had to put the ball on the floor.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, his ball handling isn't the issue, it's that he isn't very good at using his length and skills against smaller players in the post. Dude should try to get a little stronger this off season.
  • Options
    RoadDawg do you still think the gap between Durant and Lebron is close? Hopefully these playoffs showed that the gap is still very wide.
  • Options

Yeah, his ball handling isn't the issue, it's that he isn't very good at using his length and skills against smaller players in the post. Dude should try to get a little stronger this off season.

I agree with this. The fact he can't post up a Tony Allen makes it possible to guard a guy who really should be unguardable.
  • Options
    dnc said:

I agree with this. The fact he can't post up a Tony Allen makes it possible to guard a guy who really should be unguardable.
    He really needs to spend an entire summer with Olajuwon like Lebron did after being humbled in 2011 finals when Dallas was getting away with at times putting Jason Kidd on him.

Durant has a post game he's unguardable and could average 40 a game if he wanted to.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

RoadDawg do you still think the gap between Durant and Lebron is close? Hopefully these playoffs showed that the gap is still very wide.

They didn't get a chance to face off. I've always said they are both great. LeBron forces his will a little more and has a better all around game. Durant's all around game is improving, and he's the best scorer in the game. Durant is getting criticized for having 31 and 14. Durant narrowed the gap this year, but he's nothing will be recognized until he wins multiple championships like LeBron has,

Let's see how LeBron does against the Spurs too. Durant would have beaten the Bobcats, Pacers, and Nets too.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I still think it's possible that Durant has the skills but that like Bosh, he hates banging in the post, and Scotty isn't able to properly motivate him to work on it. Just look at the end of the 4th when Westbrook was taking the ball to the rim, bucket after bucket. And then they inexplicably start bombing jumpers in OT. Yeah, they're different players, but if Brooks can't control Westbrook, then he probably isn't coaching KD either.
  • Options

They didn't get a chance to face off. I've always said they are both great. LeBron forces his will a little more and has a better all around game. Durant's all around game is improving, and he's the best scorer in the game. Durant is getting criticized for having 31 and 14. Durant narrowed the gap this year, but he's nothing will be recognized until he wins multiple championships like LeBron has,

Let's see how LeBron does against the Spurs too. Durant would have beaten the Bobcats, Pacers, and Nets too.
    That's fair.

As for Durant being criticized for having 31 and 14 it comes with the turf.

Lebron's last game ever for Cleveland he scored 27 points, 19 rebounds and 10 assists but was ripped cause he shot only 8-21 with 9 turnovers(like Durant had 7 today).

It was a classic blame the star nevermind the supporting cast is shit.

Literally only 5 players for OKC scored today. Five players, one of which is probably going to be the next head coach for the New York Knicks.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Durant is a 6'11" guard. He would be unstoppable if he had a post game, but I don't know if it will happen like it did with LeBron. He's never been strong and isn't built for getting beat down there.
  • Options

Durant is a 6'11" guard. He would be unstoppable if he had a post game, but I don't know if it will happen like it did with LeBron. He's never been strong and isn't built for getting beat down there.

That's true, he's never going to be as physical as Lebron. On the other hand, Wade is a great post player, and he's 6'4". It's more about credibility and punishing a short guy like Manu if he gets that chance.
  • Options

He doesn't need to be amazing in the post just be a threat so teams can't get away with going small ball and putting a small guy on him.

You put a smaller guy on Lebron you will get burned every single time.

Westbrook and Durant need to control themselves during games, I feel like late in games they get frustrated and just force shitty shots(like that final Westbrook three). They are talented enough that sometimes it goes in but still down by 4 and Spurs missed some FT's just attack the rim get your easy 2.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

He doesn't need to be amazing in the post just be a threat so teams can't get away with going small ball and putting a small guy on him.

You put a smaller guy on Lebron you will get burned every single time.

Westbrook and Durant need to control themselves during games, I feel like late in games they get frustrated and just force shitty shots(like that final Westbrook three). They are talented enough that sometimes it goes in but still down by 4 and Spurs missed some FT's just attack the rim get your easy 2.
    It's clear that they don't trust their teammates ... and if you can't trust your teammates and help them help you ... you can't win at the highest levels.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Durant and Westbrook always look to hit that 3 pointer when they are behind 2 or 3 to bring the house down. Need to learn to slow it down and drive to the hoop. IDK why Westbrook doesn't take that 18 foot jumper off the dribble every time... he gets it for free.
  • Options

Durant and Westbrook always look to hit that 3 pointer when they are behind 2 or 3 to bring the house down. Need to learn to slow it down and drive to the hoop. IDK why Westbrook doesn't take that 18 foot jumper off the dribble every time... he gets it for free.

It's called hero ball. Take that last Westbrook three point attempt. You are only down 4 with 12 seconds to go with the Spurs missing some FT's. Drive to the hole real quick get your two and if the D collapses on you possibly get an open three point attempt.

Westbrook and Durant don't trust their teammates at all. Not saying Caron Butler is good but on Miami I'm sure he would have his moments. I mean Rashard Lewis was left for the dead years ago as was Birdman.