Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

1st rd Playoff prediction thread.... for playoff prediction superiority guys.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2014
    4 misses in the NBA playoffs is pretty brutal. I've missed two (Houston and Chicago). You also picked GS to lose in 5, which was stupid to anyone who had watched either team.

Your predictions have sucked. Saying they haven't is like Kim saying he's not bad at recruiting predictions because he predicted a 2 star with no other PAC 12 offers to go to UW.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Tequilla you've always been good at owning your stupidity don't backtrack and start twisting on your mariners comments.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Mariners are a 85 win team without major injuries, and a 90 win team if they start getting above replacement-level production from the lineup; run differential says they aren't a sub-.500 team.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mariners are a 85 win team without major injuries, and a 90 win team if they start getting above replacement-level production from the lineup; run differential says they aren't a sub-.500 team.

They will be after June. HTH
  • Options

I really don't trust them. 2011 they were above .500 in late June even and ended up losing 95.

In 2007 they were one back of the wild card in late August then lost like 18 of their next 20. This franchise has taken a giant shit on us for over a decade. I'm not letting myself get sucked in.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla you've always been good at owning your stupidity don't backtrack and start twisting on your mariners comments.

How am I twisting when I used the same quote that you posted?

I've only said that the Mariners COULD ... I've never said WOULD.

If I was betting, I'd say that they continue to hover around .500 for most of the season and depending on how injuries and whatnot play out end up somewhere between 75-85 wins.

I don't think that they'll win 85-90. But to get there only would take a good 2 week stretch and playing .500 ball the rest of the way. When you have a rotation fronted by Felix and Iwakuma, it's possible that they could pull that off.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Mariners are terrible and the season is over. It's always been over. The line up is terrible. The M's have fans that always amuse me. They think this Jones guy can be a really good CF. The guy will be hitting .200 in a month.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

How am I twisting when I used the same quote that you posted?

I've only said that the Mariners COULD ... I've never said WOULD.

If I was betting, I'd say that they continue to hover around .500 for most of the season and depending on how injuries and whatnot play out end up somewhere between 75-85 wins.

I don't think that they'll win 85-90. But to get there only would take a good 2 week stretch and playing .500 ball the rest of the way. When you have a rotation fronted by Felix and Iwakuma, it's possible that they could pull that off.
    You're actually going to do this? Let me guess you never said the Pacers would win either you just said they COULD right?

Even though you explained in details and said they wouldn't be out of it until September you are now backing off that?

W.JW.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Stand by the Indiana comment. I've said it all year. Wouldn't back track on the prediction. Drew the line in that sand very early on.

The reason that I'm saying that the Mariners won't be out of it until September is because the AL is a medicore dreckfest. Hanging around .500 means you are hanging around the race. I do think that they'll go into September no worse than 3-5 games under .500.

They are a .500 team. That's going to keep you in the race in the AL this year.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

The Mariners are terrible and the season is over. It's always been over. The line up is terrible. The M's have fans that always amuse me. They think this Jones guy can be a really good CF. The guy will be hitting .200 in a month.

I like his speed, and his defense. If he can hit 250 I'm fine with it. With all the infield hits he gets he can be a .200 hitter and still hit .260.
    I get what you mean though. If they can get the rotation healthy I see a 80-83 win team, but until then they're probably a 76-78 win team, which should lead to a firing of jack z (but it won't)
  • Options
    if the ownership were willing to pony up for morales and another bat at the deadline they could be more than that, but they won't, and it's frustrating
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

I like his speed, and his defense. If he can hit 250 I'm fine with it. With all the infield hits he gets he can be a .200 hitter and still hit .260.
    I get what you mean though. If they can get the rotation healthy I see a 80-83 win team, but until then they're probably a 76-78 win team, which should lead to a firing of jack z (but it won't)
    I've never even seen him play. I've just seen this happen with almost every young Mariners player.
  • Options
    thus the "I get what you mean though."
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    A good rotation always gives you a chance at 85-90 wins, and if they make a playoff series Felix and Iwakuma would be really dangerous.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

His average should hold up somewhat as long as he keeps making contact like he is. He's only striking out in 15% of his PA's so far in the bigs, which is the best rate of his career. It's bound to go up as pitchers adjust to him, but as long as he keeps his K rate out of the 25% or worse range he should post decent averages since he hits the ball fairly hard and has good speed.

I know what you're saying about not getting too excited about rookie hitters, and I don't think he's going to be a star, but his performance looks fairly sustainable.

• Options
    I think Bosh settled the Hibbert question. He struggled first three games but the last three games were some of the best ball Bosh has played since joining Miami.
  • Options
  • Options

I was 4 for 4 as well. I didn't get any of the games right but I did state I should go Miami in 5.

Heat 6
    OKC 6

Calling it now we'll have at least one game in the OKC-Spurs series where the officiating gift wraps a game to OKC if not two.

Changing mine to Spurs in 6 after Ibaka injury. Although the Heat faced this same situation two years ago with Bosh going down. Lebron-Wade just stepped up. We'll see if Durant-Westbrook can do the same.
    BUMP

The Ibaka injury was probably the difference although if he was healthy think Spurs still win in 7.

OKC literally only had five guys score today although DoogsinparadiseFS would take their bench over Miami's.
  • Options
    I'm sorry but did Durant even score a point in OT? The durant-lebron conversation needs to die, seriously
  • Options
    but of course everyone will blame westbrook...