Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

1st rd Playoff prediction thread.... for playoff prediction superiority guys.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    dnc said:

Looks like this bored needs to have more respect for my Grizz

Obligatory...

Skip BaylessVerified account
    @RealSkipBayless
    Again: OKC is going to sweep Memphis. Dallas would've given OKC a much better series. Thunder got lucky.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2014
    dnc said:

I knew it would be a tough series, but had OKC winning it. This next game will be huge.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

I knew it would be a tough series, but had OKC winning it. This next game will be huge.
    Agree. I'm not ready to call the upset just yet, but I see a lot of "OKC in 5" predictions. Memphis has played very well since getting healthy, and always plays OKC TUFF. I knew it was going to be a good series.

Serious LOL at that Bayless tweet Tim just poasted. Holy crap that guy gives Kim a run for his money.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Agree. I'm not ready to call the upset just yet, but I see a lot of "OKC in 5" predictions. Memphis has played very well since getting healthy, and always plays OKC TUFF. I knew it was going to be a good series.

Serious LOL at that Bayless tweet Tim just poasted. Holy crap that guy gives Kim a run for his money.
    I figured tough series but thought OKC would close out these close games since in theory they have the two best players on the court offensively. After game one where they damn near blew a 30 point lead and their bench played Memphis even I knew OKC was in trouble going forward.

Also Skip Bayless represents today's media well. Just a moron who SPEAKS LOUD and has obscure off the wall opinions to gain a reaction. In a lot of ways that is what Kim Grinolds tries to be but he doesn't full on embrace it like Skip does.

At this point I think Skip is just trolling while at first he was trying to be serious in his sports take but was just a dumb fuck. That's the stage Kim is at right now. Tries to be serious in his sports take but is just a dumb fuck.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dnc said:

I gave them 7 games, I thought this would be a tough series coming in, but eventually talent will win out.
    My bulls in 5 looks skipbaylessfs

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,922
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I really didn't have the Bulls-Bullets series dialed in at all.

Not really your fault. They've won one playoff series in the past 30 years. They're the Clippers of the east, minus the crazy racist Jew owner.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    The playoffs are looking like the NHL playoffs in that these players are going to be exhausted in the later rounds. All but 1 or 2 series are going 6 or 7 games.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The playoffs are looking like the NHL playoffs in that these players are going to be exhausted in the later rounds. All but 1 or 2 series are going 6 or 7 games.

Yep. Memphis-OKC winner is probably losing round 2 after three straight OT games. Only way either of them has a chance next round is if one of them pulls this thing out in six.

• Options

That's why Miami will 3-peat because they are coasting while the others are working hard.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Yep. Memphis-OKC winner is probably losing round 2 after three straight OT games. Only way either of them has a chance next round is if one of them pulls this thing out in six.

To Golden State or the Clippers? Durant and Westbrook will start playing better, tired or not.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,613
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    3-0 Heat. The train keeps rolling.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

That's why Miami will 3-peat because they are coasting while the others are working hard.
    Theirs is coming. Nets will take them to at least 6. That's going to be a very tough series for them. I'm not putting too much stock in beating up the Bobcats. The Pacers (I still think they reach the ECF) will take them 6 or 7 too. It's hard to bet against LeBron, but I'm not seeing it with the Heat this year. James Jones and Rashard Lewis getting minutes, Ray Allen looks all but done (still has strokes though), Battier is done. I'm not sure they have guys who will step up when needed like Mike Miller did in the past, Battier in game 7 last year, etc.
  • Options
    RoadDawg, Miami has holes but so does everyone else. What Miami does have though is the best player in the game, a great coach, and a championship squad that has played under every scenario imaginable.

Why I'm still taking the Heat.
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

Pacers in 6
    Heat in 4
    Nets in 6
    Bulls in 5
    Spurs in 5
    Thunder in 7
    Clippers 7
    Rockets 7

I got 6/8, 3 (thunder, clippers, and heat in the exact # of games). not terrible, but certainly not great.
    Maybe it's just because I want them to win but I would say the spurs are my favorite to come out of the west. Whether they can right the wrong that was game 6 last year remains to be seen.

With a better coach OKC wins the title IMO
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Let's hope that the rest of the playoffs are as good as the first round this year ... this is reminding me of late 80s and early 90s in terms of quality of play. Everybody seems to have good players on their roster.

Spurs in 7
    Clippers in 6

Heat in 7
    Pacers in 7
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2014
    Tequilla said:

Let's hope that the rest of the playoffs are as good as the first round this year ... this is reminding me of late 80s and early 90s in terms of quality of play. Everybody seems to have good players on their roster.

Spurs in 7
    Clippers in 6

Heat in 7
    Pacers in 7

Clippers aren't beating the Thunder.

Spurs 6
    Thunder 6

Heat 7
    Pacers 6
  • Options
    spurs in 7
    thunder in 7
    heat in 6
    wizards in 6 (I just don't buy that the pacers turned the "corner")
  • Options
    Spurs 6
    OKC 7

Heat 6
    Pacers 6

Will be a final four everyone predicted back in November.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat. I really want to put Heat in 5. I doubt they allow Brooklyn to push them to 7.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Spurs in 7
    Clippers in 6

Heat in 7
    Pacers in 7

The only reason the thunder got pushed to 7 was Tony Allen could guard durant. But in the end talent won out. The Clippers perimeter defense isn't anything close to the thunder. The grizzlies could also slow it down and ugly the game, which is the way you win in OKC. That is not the clippers. The thunder are not losing a home game to the clippers, same with the clippers. HCA will be the difference in this series