Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Keep going, it’s working

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,845
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

I don't even disagree with a lot of the liberal agenda. I just can't fucking stand them.

What part of the liberal agenda do you not disagree with? Serious question. For me, I'd vote for limited abortion - say 20 weeks. To me that is a centrist position, not a liberal position, but whatever. After that?
    I would like healthcare to be divorced from employment.

That's the main one. Just take a list of countries and put a graph of service quality vs cost to the individual and pick the one that comes out on top and go with it. No need to reinvent the wheel.

My company is a manufacturer and distributor of braces and shit. We buy a back brace from China for like 25 bucks, sell it for 80. Then the doctors charge insurance 1200.
    And they have to charge that since they on average get like 30 percent.

It's a fucking joke
    Generally would agree. But providing for a free market in health care is not a liberal idea. Total government control of health care will lower health care costs by rationing care and the quality of care. That is not improving quality of service. Let the insurance companies deal with the cost of the back brace. If they are being gouged, then get them involved. Or let the consumer use his HSA and go shopping for a back brace. Trump was imposing some price transparency on the US medical industry and they hated it. The left got Biden to immediately end the price transparency policy. Both Lasik eye surgery and plastic surgery have gotten better AND cheaper, not better and more expensive like most insured medical procedures like joint replacement. There is a huge market for Medicare Part C Advantage Plans and the insurers spend hundreds of millions in advertising for their supplemental medicare insurance policies. When you see that type of marketing for individual insurance policies then you will know the market is working. Car insurance is a small fraction of the health insurance market and you hardly see any individual insurance marketing but Geico, Progressive, State Farm, Allstate, the General, Liberty Biperty et al are omnipresent.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't even disagree with a lot of the liberal agenda. I just can't fucking stand them.

What part of the liberal agenda do you not disagree with? Serious question. For me, I'd vote for limited abortion - say 20 weeks. To me that is a centrist position, not a liberal position, but whatever. After that?

That's the main one. Just take a list of countries and put a graph of service quality vs cost to the individual and pick the one that comes out on top and go with it. No need to reinvent the wheel.

My company is a manufacturer and distributor of braces and shit. We buy a back brace from China for like 25 bucks, sell it for 80. Then the doctors charge insurance 1200.

It's a fucking joke
    Also to add onto this one of the things were going to be facing super hard is elderly care

No one has really come up with a solution or even admitted it's about to be a huge problem

My parents are older than most in my generation but for example my mom is fine but my dad lost it all to this bitch and I dont really have an answer beyond sending 20 percent of my paycheck to him.

People are living longer and the healthcare they rack up is insane
    I sold my house, bought my mother’s house and I’m building a tiny house on my property for my mother to live in. My wife and I had no idea what to do about my mom and this was the best we could come up with. Parents living with or near children is how this will play out moving forward and Americans need to start mentally planning for this reality moving forward.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

The problem is the people who enact the policies have no interest in actually helping people.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

It's a fucking joke
    Also to add onto this one of the things were going to be facing super hard is elderly care

No one has really come up with a solution or even admitted it's about to be a huge problem

My parents are older than most in my generation but for example my mom is fine but my dad lost it all to this bitch and I dont really have an answer beyond sending 20 percent of my paycheck to him.

I sold my house, bought my mother’s house and I’m building a tiny house on my property for my mother to live in. My wife and I had no idea what to do about my mom and this was the best we could come up with. Parents living with or near children is how this will play out moving forward and Americans need to start mentally planning for this reality moving forward.
    Man, you really seem like an amazing person.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    RoadTrip said:

The problem is the people who enact the policies have no interest in actually helping people.
    I agree, public education policies are incredibly expensive and at best inefficient and as functioning results in negative education. The Green nude eel is not about global warming but global control and wealth transfer.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,870
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club

It's a fucking joke

Take 2020 out of the data and we’ve plateaued starting in about 2010. What happened in that year to cause that?

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,578
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

RoadTrip said:

I agree, public education policies are incredibly expensive and at best inefficient and as functioning results in negative education. The Green nude eel is not about global warming but global control and wealth transfer.
    I was super lucky that I grew up in a nice area where good public schools were the norm.

When I moved to the east coast my friends were legit shocked that I went to public school.

I legitimately didn't realize that in many parts of the country if you went to public school you were like a ghetto kid.

Damn private school is expensive. That's like a 20 percent pay cut.
  • Options
    edited January 2022

It's a fucking joke

Yep. There like is no answer. It's really nuts.

But I said I have older parents than most millennials but it's gonna hit really hard in the next 10 years

It kinda reminds me of being stuck at the airport in random city. A total feeling of helplessness
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

RoadTrip said:

I was super lucky that I grew up in a nice area where good public schools were the norm.

When I moved to the east coast my friends were legit shocked that I went to public school.

I legitimately didn't realize that in many parts of the country if you went to public school you were like a ghetto kid.

Major US cities spend $27,000 per student on public education. That would cover a lot of private schools. In West Linn they spend $16,000 per student. That would cover a private Catholic school education. It's not the money, it is the waste.
  • Options

RoadTrip said:

Major US cities spend $27,000 per student on public education. That would cover a lot of private schools. In West Linn they spend $16,000 per student. That would cover a private Catholic school education. It's not the money, it is the waste.
    But it shouldn't even have to be a thing
  • Options

It's a fucking joke

Yep. There like is no answer. It's really nuts.

But I said I have older parents than most millennials but it's gonna hit really hard in the next 10 years

It kinda reminds me of being stuck at the airport in random city. A total feeling of helplessness
    I’m 42 and my mom is 80. My dad would be 85. Having older parents makes life come at you a little faster. Tougher decisions at a younger age. Buying the house and building the tiny house is eating every cent of my liquid cash. Having a couple hundred thousand in my money market account last year was pretty cool. Watching it all slowly dissipate with building cost inflation, permit problems and general county malarkey has been interesting to say the least. Taking care of mom is the goal though. I’m not touching my 401K and I can always save up some more money when it’s all said and done. The tiny house will be beneficial to my whole family. My mom, my sister and even my daughters in the future. A good family investment.
    I feel like Joe is taking from me. 10 percent off the top.

Dude I'm only 33 and I make good money lol
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

RoadTrip said:

I agree but public teacher unions and compliant, bought and paid for politicians, have made it a thing. Nothing says hypocrisy like bubba and barry sending their kids to private school while telling us how important public education is and that it would be racist to give black parents tuition vouchers.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,110
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Bob_C said:

Thankfully we?? didn’t want a normal Republican anyways.

Bitch - if you want to wear a mask, you are free to do that.

Cunt - if you want to inject a “vaccine” into your body, you are free to do that.

But you have no right to tell anyone else what to do. Why is this so difficult for leftists to grasp?

PT hates misogyny.
  • Options

RoadTrip said:

I agree but public teacher unions and compliant, bought and paid for politicians, have made it a thing. Nothing says hypocrisy like bubba and barry sending their kids to private school while telling us how important public education is and that it would be racist to give black parents tuition vouchers.
    Yep. None of these politicians send their kids to pulic school. It's the biggest and most obvious hypocrisy of the left
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,110
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

Cunt - if you want to inject a “vaccine” into your body, you are free to do that.

But you have no right to tell anyone else what to do. Why is this so difficult for leftists to grasp?

PT hates misogyny.
    Fuck yourself right in the face

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2022
    e
    HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

PT hates misogyny.
    Throbber hates stupidity.

If she was male the precursors would have been 'dick' and "asswipe".

Got it....Asswipe?

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RoadTrip said:

It's a fucking joke

Man, you really seem like an amazing person.
    A truly amazing person would move into the tiny house and let mom enjoy her own home.