Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW Defense Thoughts Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    There's no reason that Budda at minimum will not be a major contributor against the passing game as a true frosh.

If you're super concerned that he doesn't have the bulk to be able to stand out to physical ground games, you can either limit his plays against those types of teams in favor of better options or play him as the last line of defense and away from the physical pounding.

The way football is played today with the spread, it's more of a tackle version of 7 on 7's than it is trying to avoid the big uglies road grating you.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    safeties have some of the hardest collisions on the field every week even when they are playing a finesse team. If a qb is going to hang balls up in the air the safety is expected to make a play on the ball or knock someone out. I hope I am wrong but history is what it is with playing freshman early on defense. Almost always get hurt and it delays their development.

The main issue is who is there at safety right now. I fear you're right that he is going to be a major contributor good or bad / ready or not.

Beaver- Somewhat highly recruited out of high school but hasn't done anything yet. May be good, may be not. Hasn't stood out on special teams yet. Played and was probably told to be super conservative vs byu.

Walker- Not a big guy, don't know much about him, made no impact last year.

King- Tall but paper thin, around the ball a lot last year which makes me think he may have good awareness (small sample size) but now he is hurt.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2014
    Move Troy Williams and Cyler Miles to WR. The QB position is in good hands with Lindquist and Carta-Samuels.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I wonder if Andrew Hudson will make an impact on the DL after missing a year. He was probably the 2nd or 3rd best DL on the 2012 team. Same with Shirley. Is he really that bad against the run that they have to keep him sidelined?

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Baker ain't Jack. He may get there one day, but he sure isn't there now.