Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jamarcus Shepard WR/CO-Offensive Coordinator

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

So this guy showed up on campus and met with his position group, and still didn't get hired. It's already too late but still, there better be a movement among big donors to get this bimbo out of the AD. She's not doing her job and doesn't seem to even be trying.

First prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're FIRED!
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

So this guy showed up on campus and met with his position group, and still didn't get hired. It's already too late but still, there better be a movement among big donors to get this bimbo out of the AD. She's not doing her job and doesn't seem to even be trying.

Probably just trying to get free exposure to our players for portal purposes
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Why in the ever-living fuck are we not offering the Arizona WR coach to double his salary? Instead it sounds like we're moving on to either the San Jose State guy or a guy who was just fired from Colorado
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 766
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2022
    On one hand, Jen got played by Shephard. But on the other hand she delivered the basic Oregon honk chick to run our social NIL program.
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 992

On one hand, Jen got played by Shephard.

Not defending Jen at all but it is just basic career economics to interview at more than one place when you're looking for a new job. If nothing else he can tell ND that UW offered him X and so ND needs to offer him X * 1.25 to win his services.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,550
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    tHE SAME dUDE has Scott Huff ranked sixth for OL position coaches...
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 992
    That twitter account only has a few hundred more followers than the account that confirmed he was coming to UW.

This shit is getting ridiculous.

By the way that account that confirmed him to UW seems to have gone offline.

• insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

That twitter account only has a few hundred more followers than the account that confirmed he was coming to UW.

This shit is getting ridiculous.

By the way that account that confirmed him to UW seems to have gone offline.

True, but we are UW and we can't have nice things so it will happen. Any rumors of positives happening for us (Campbell, Donte, Orlondo, Shep) tend to flame out while all the negative rumors (Germie, Junior) always come true. It's the script. Losers lose.
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TheHB said:

I know Jen is a buffoon and all, but why isn’t DeBoner culpable in all this? Do we know it’s strictly a money issue?

One of the bad signs early in the new coach’s time at the helm (I like to say “at the helm” when referring to a coach) is his inability to land great assistants.

If this is all on Jen, school me. But DeBoner isn’t impressing either.

Fucking this. After reading that Taki exit interview from Caple this morning, DeBoner can't seem to sell shit, let alone close. Fuck me.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2022

Why in the ever-living fuck are we not offering the Arizona WR coach to double his salary? Instead it sounds like we're moving on to either the San Jose State guy or a guy who was just fired from Colorado

It doesn't matter at this point. What coach wants to go to a bare WR room? Especially, coming from Arizona where they are now looking to spread things out and have some momentum.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2022

It doesn't matter at this point. What coach wants to go to a bare WR room? Especially, coming from Arizona where they are now looking to spread things out and have some momentum.
    Bare WR room? huh? lol

We offered Shep top 3 WR coach money, Holmon still hasn't told ND no. Shep's an indiana kid. I won't trip if he goes to ND, it sucks but it's home.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Beno4Life said:

TheHB said:

I know Jen is a buffoon and all, but why isn’t DeBoner culpable in all this? Do we know it’s strictly a money issue?

One of the bad signs early in the new coach’s time at the helm (I like to say “at the helm” when referring to a coach) is his inability to land great assistants.

Fucking this. After reading that Taki exit interview from Caple this morning, DeBoner can't seem to sell shit, let alone close. Fuck me.
    What exactly did you read that gave you that sense? I didn't see anything in there that suggested that Deboner made a particularly hard push, or that he was "out-sold" in any way. Sounds like Taki had had one foot out the door for well over a year now.

Deboner still might not be able to sell shit, so don't twist, but that interview wasn't evidence of anything.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,514
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Beno4Life said:

TheHB said:

Can you elaborate?

Also, I think due to the change in scheme, Taki was going to be a back-up.
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Beno4Life said:

TheHB said:

What exactly did you read that gave you that sense? I didn't see anything in there that suggested that Deboner made a particularly hard push, or that he was "out-sold" in any way. Sounds like Taki had had one foot out the door for well over a year now.

Deboner still might not be able to sell shit, so don't twist, but that interview wasn't evidence of anything.
    Hmm, unless I have the reading comprehension of a 3-year-old, I thought that entire section of the Taki interview, where he mentioned how Lanning and Tosh sold him not only on the scheme and development but also how Tosh explicitly sold him on it being okay going to a rival as a Husky. That, and meeting with DeBoer and still deciding Oregon was better for his future.

So, this excerpt:

"That’s when (D-line coach) Tony (Tuioti) was over there, and I had a really good relationship with him and the whole staff over there. I was thinking of going to Nebraska, then I also had Baylor and my buddy Apu (Siaki Ika) over there. Oregon came into the picture with Tony going over there, and then we talked a little bit more, and I just talked about “I’m a Husky,” you know? I was taught to hate Oregon. So it was hard for me. I told him that. Coaching-wise, there has to be something that pulls me there. I had a good talk with (new Oregon coach Dan) Lanning and his whole scheme and what he wanted to do, and it really impressed me.

He had told me who the DC would be, Tosh (Lupoi), and I have a really good relationship with Tosh. I’ve known him since my freshman year of high school. I ended up not going to Alabama (where Lupoi worked at the time) because it was too far and I really liked UW. And just with the opportunity, me and Tosh sat down and talked, and he told me he was a Husky, too, and he understands what it’s going to be like to do that. He went through his phase of not liking Oregon, too, and he said, “I promise you, (the criticism) will be bad, but I’ll be right here with you. You won’t just take the heat by yourself. It’s going to be me and you.” And I was like, well, yep, then let’s do it.

I met with DeBoer. We had a really good talk. It was actually really hard to leave. I was unsure, but I told him I just wanted to see other opportunities that I had out there, but I told him I would still consider UW. Then I threw my name in the portal, but we still kept in touch. And then I decided I was going to fully leave from UW and attend the University of Oregon."