Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The basketball board after ChillyDawg

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam

No one cares about Husky basketball but there was activity as well as some hot NBA talk once in awhile. All buried

Husky B Ball wins off season natties too you know

When the Blazers playoff threads starts up, they will come back.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Houhusky said:

It wouldn't surprise me if @ChillyDawg was the UW athletic departments (or Karen Ramming's) good faith attempt at generating and promoting online UW sports content.

Something wasn't right with that picture. But I don't know what. if he was from UW, he wouldn't have been calling for Hop's firing.

Chilli was just a UW AD troll trying to make REAL negahoops dawgs look bad?!?!?
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    I think it has more to do with Husky Basketball being as competitive in the Pac 12 as Sultan High School would be and the NBA being complete AIDS more than it does with Chilly. The Senior Thesis threads didn't help but I probably wouldn't be going over there regardless until Hop is fired.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,242
    edited January 2022

No one cares about Husky basketball but there was activity as well as some hot NBA talk once in awhile. All buried

Husky B Ball wins off season natties too you know

This. I hate the NBA but still casually follow it because I am a loser and hate myself. There was always some good NBA hot talk to go along with the occasional Detlef gif.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,118 Founders Club
    edited January 2022

I know of few individuals more committed to freedom of speech than Stalin. But at the end of the day, there's no absolute right to free speech, especially on a site which isn't the public square. You can't yell fire in a movie theater and you can't spam the fuck out of Stalin's boreds.

If he would have just dialed back on the posting everything would have been fine on my end.
    Poor guy was delusional.

I try to ask myself before any new thread, will anyone care, laff, etc.

Even my occasional gay rowboat posts are good for a few chins.
    FireCohen said:

I know of few individuals more committed to freedom of speech than Stalin. But at the end of the day, there's no absolute right to free speech, especially on a site which isn't the public square. You can't yell fire in a movie theater and you can't spam the fuck out of Stalin's boreds.

If he would have just dialed back on the posting everything would have been fine on my end.
    Poor guy was delusional.

This is the dumbest humble brag I heard. Living in Oregon is making you stupid
    I have a lot to humble brag about.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

FireCohen said:

Poor guy was delusional.

Unfortunately uw football is not one of them haha 😢
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Poor guy was delusional.

Unfortunately uw football is not one of them haha 😢
    I don't need UW Football. Even the Ducktards have all ready Boys in the Boat.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    chuck said:

Chilly pm'd me and seemed genuinely upset and perplexed by the way I and others treated him. We traded a few messages. I explained what he was doing and why it wasn't working in the clearest English I could come up with. He still didn't get it. It ended with me telling him I wished him the best and hoped he figured it out and him thanking me. Apparently not what happened though.

You have his personal contact?
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,497 Swaye's Wigwam
    Like many things with this bored and all things UW I would sometimes go to the bball bored just to catch up on JUST HOW BAD things were and see people melting down over it. In its own small way it made me feel better. I might be a miserable sob but at least I'm not @JimBasnight dawg.

If schadenfreude is the good feeling you get from the downfall of your enemies then what is this feeling?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    chuck said:

Chilly pm'd me and seemed genuinely upset and perplexed by the way I and others treated him. We traded a few messages. I explained what he was doing and why it wasn't working in the clearest English I could come up with. He still didn't get it. It ended with me telling him I wished him the best and hoped he figured it out and him thanking me. Apparently not what happened though.

Irishdawg wasn't available?
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,483
    edited January 2022
    His carpet-bombing wasn't limited to the basketball board. I'd log on and the entire 'Recent Discussions' board was exclusively him.

What I found really ironic was he complained about free speech, yet told me to "watch your mouth," whilst including some dumb fucking Friends GIF.

FTG.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

chuck said:

You have his personal contact?
    Nah sorry

chuck said:

Irishdawg wasn't available?
    Irishdawg's helpfulness is apparently overstated.