Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The basketball board after ChillyDawg

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,658 Founders Club

I had asked ChillyDawg to refrain from posting on the basketball board for awhile. He ignored the message and kept on posting. His overall intentions with Hardcore Husky were good but the road to hell is paved with good intentions. He demonstrated this by completely murdering the basketball board. Nobody but him posted there anymore. I did not arrive at this decision easily, but for the good of the boards I had no choice but to let him go.

Comments

• NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    While I often wished Chilly would STFU, in fairness I will say that it wasn't Chilly, but the shitty basketball team and UW/Cohen's unwillingness or inability to part ways with Hopkins that kept me from visiting that bored. I have zero interest in UW basketball right now and the banning hasn't changed that.
    But you do you.
    Cheers--
  • 79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 714 Swaye's Wigwam
    Wait what? There's a basketball board?
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,461 Founders Club
    Covid is going to bail both him and Cowen out and give him another chance next year..... Sigh
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I had asked ChillyDawg to refrain from posting on the basketball board for awhile. He ignored the message and kept on posting. His overall intentions with Hardcore Husky were good but the road to hell is paved with good intentions. He demonstrated this by completely murdering the basketball board. Nobody but him posted there anymore. I did not arrive at this decision easily, but for the good of the boards I had no choice but to let him go.

That's why I had to run AZduck. I did it for the greater good.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

So much for free speech. Good job Stalin.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Wow people post there?
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,399
    “The organization has decided to make a change”…
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,658 Founders Club
    edited January 2022
    Houhusky said:

It wouldn't surprise me if @ChillyDawg was the UW athletic departments (or Karen Ramming's) good faith attempt at generating and promoting online UW sports content.

Something wasn't right with that picture. But I don't know what. if he was from UW, he wouldn't have been calling for Hop's firing.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,658 Founders Club

I know of few individuals more committed to freedom of speech than Stalin. But at the end of the day, there's no absolute right to free speech, especially on a site which isn't the public square. You can't yell fire in a movie theater and you can't spam the fuck out of Stalin's boreds.

If he would have just dialed back on the posting everything would have been fine on my end.