Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

he gone

Comments

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

People forget that colleges are under no legal obligation to provide a football program

Just a few more tweaks and its dead for good

The emotional attachment of a 150 year tradition and people's love of Alma Mater U doesn't translate to the Montlake Junior Seahawks

The players will never get better pay than they get now over and under the table

And I've been told a college education is valuable except when it isn't I guess

I'd have loved a free education. I made my own business decision at 19 and decided 100's of thousands of debt wasn't a good plan for me.

Yup, thats me. Stacking laundry soap. I also have a healthy 410K, I bought a house and property with a pretty cheap mortgage, paid in cash for the build of another house on my property that my mom retired in and outside of my mortgage I have no debt. I'm certainly not rich but after being a drunk and a coke head for my early adulthood I haven't been entirely stupid with what money I did make. You don't need to go to college if you're not ashamed of stacking cans, digging ditches, building fences, pouring drinks or shoveling shit for a living. All of which I've done at one point or another. Someone's got to do it. Maybe Biden will come through like he said and get that debt off your record. I don't have that problem. I know, take it to the Pump.
    Whatever you got to tell yourself to not face the reality of earlier poor decisions, man
    I'm sure he would have been better off taking out $100k of debt to major in gender studies.
    Yes, because that’s the only alternative and not the exception

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

People forget that colleges are under no legal obligation to provide a football program

The emotional attachment of a 150 year tradition and people's love of Alma Mater U doesn't translate to the Montlake Junior Seahawks

The players will never get better pay than they get now over and under the table

I'd have loved a free education. I made my own business decision at 19 and decided 100's of thousands of debt wasn't a good plan for me.

Yup, thats me. Stacking laundry soap. I also have a healthy 410K, I bought a house and property with a pretty cheap mortgage, paid in cash for the build of another house on my property that my mom retired in and outside of my mortgage I have no debt. I'm certainly not rich but after being a drunk and a coke head for my early adulthood I haven't been entirely stupid with what money I did make. You don't need to go to college if you're not ashamed of stacking cans, digging ditches, building fences, pouring drinks or shoveling shit for a living. All of which I've done at one point or another. Someone's got to do it. Maybe Biden will come through like he said and get that debt off your record. I don't have that problem. I know, take it to the Pump.
    Whatever you got to tell yourself to not face the reality of earlier poor decisions, man
    I'm sure he would have been better off taking out $100k of debt to major in gender studies.
    What percentage of US undergraduates major in gender studies? Do you think it is more than 1%? Doubt it.
    What % of graduates have a positive roi on their tuition and giving up 4 years of a career.

What's the opportunity cost for those intelligent enough to have a positive roi?

I'll wait.
    Go ahead and just give us the cliff notes version instead of asking these dumb vagueries.

There's countless ways to measure ROI of a college degree. While my impression is that it's still positive despite admin bloat run amok, these comparisons are largely meaningless since we're talking about a counter-factual for each individual person. As always, YMMV.

So let's just skip the bullshit back and forth and you tell us why college is a scam.
    Thank you. I was just getting to the end of this and about to ask to skip the nonsense innuendo. Frankly I'm not even certain on exactly what his stance is other than that he thinks he can sound wise if he doesn't say anything.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

What percentage of US undergraduates major in gender studies? Do you think it is more than 1%? Doubt it.
    What % of graduates have a positive roi on their tuition and giving up 4 years of a career.

What's the opportunity cost for those intelligent enough to have a positive roi?

I'll wait.
    Less and less dipshit. Do you ever watch the news? College is expensive, hth.
    College is expensive? Why is that?

Thanks for proving my point btw.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=why+is+college+so+expensive&oq=why+is+college+&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0i512l9.5490j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I'm pretty busy today. Check this out.
    Weird that people continue to make poor financial choices on a diminishing value proposition.

Again, thanks for supporting my point.

P.s. you sound poor
    Internet wealth flex? Yikes. You lost before you even typed that.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

The day when only a few schools can actually run a competitive basketball or football program and all the other college sports disappear without the amateur college football system that propped them up cannot occur fast enough.

The “playoff” system is fucking retarded
    The sitting out major games so you don’t get hurt is fucking retarded
    The open season on paying players is fucking retarded
    The free agency is fucking retarded
    The failing upwards incestuous coaches get more retarded every year

There is nothing left to stop the train, the NFL should just start a minor league or euro club system and kill it for good asap. College sports should just disappear and all the dumb fuck athletes that promoted and pushed for this system can see how much support and money their stupid fucking sport NOCs about gets after killing the amateur college basketball and football gravy train with dumb fucking ideas.

95% of football players will flame out of a minor league system where there's no 4-5 year scholarship commitment. A lot less black males getting college education as a fallback. Literally thousands less college grads every year.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

Pump his gas, Duck!
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

RTD said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

In the 80’s UW cost $400 a quarter for in state. It pays to be old.

I founded the University
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

I'll wait.
    Go ahead and just give us the cliff notes version instead of asking these dumb vagueries.

There's countless ways to measure ROI of a college degree. While my impression is that it's still positive despite admin bloat run amok, these comparisons are largely meaningless since we're talking about a counter-factual for each individual person. As always, YMMV.

So let's just skip the bullshit back and forth and you tell us why college is a scam.
    Yewer a classy poaster and can deal in nuance so I'll give you an earnest response as opposed to trolling the idiot that got triggered by a gender studies joke.

80% of people currently attending college probably shouldn't(financially) . 20% or so still should but they'd probably be successful even if they spent $100k traveling the world and doing blow for four years from 18-22 and then declared bankruptcy. Hence, opportunity cost.

I never said college was a scam. Ymmv is EXACTLY the point. It's the height of negative education to broadly make fun of people who looked at a potentially negative value proposition and make fun of them for not taking it. Doubly so if you went to a second tier school or majored in a shoeshine degree.

Tldr there's plenty of retards with degrees and smart people without them. Retards with degrees are the only ones to think otherwise.
    Virgin-alert.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

I'll wait.

Yewer a classy poaster and can deal in nuance so I'll give you an earnest response as opposed to trolling the idiot that got triggered by a gender studies joke.

80% of people currently attending college probably shouldn't(financially) . 20% or so still should but they'd probably be successful even if they spent $100k traveling the world and doing blow for four years from 18-22 and then declared bankruptcy. Hence, opportunity cost.

I never said college was a scam. Ymmv is EXACTLY the point. It's the height of negative education to broadly make fun of people who looked at a potentially negative value proposition and make fun of them for not taking it. Doubly so if you went to a second tier school or majored in a shoeshine degree.

Tldr there's plenty of retards with degrees and smart people without them. Retards with degrees are the only ones to think otherwise.
    Virgin-alert.
    Are you gnu here or just a complete ritard?
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2022
    Average IQ people who work hard can spend 6 months learning javascript, .net, and database management and make $110k a year, at pretty much any age. There's zero reason to play school unless you want to teach, or do a hard science that requires shit only a research U can provide. Or hell, just learn the adobe suite and be a "graphics designer".
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

Can we get back to what a crappy WR coach Adam’s is?

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2022
    Arc said:

RTD said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

I paid 180
    Yeah, but that is like $5700 in todays money if we adjust for inflation since 1861.
    @RaceBannon jokes are so old.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dtd said:

Arc said:

RTD said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

I paid 180
    Yeah, but that is like $5700 in todays money if we adjust for inflation since 1861.

• Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 784
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

RTD said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

I paid 180
    Dante’s weekly bill > UW tuition.

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

Arc said:

RTD said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

I paid 180

Does that guy have any eligibility left? Seems agile and could be a good slot receiver.