Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

he gone

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

People forget that colleges are under no legal obligation to provide a football program

Just a few more tweaks and its dead for good

The emotional attachment of a 150 year tradition and people's love of Alma Mater U doesn't translate to the Montlake Junior Seahawks

The players will never get better pay than they get now over and under the table

And I've been told a college education is valuable except when it isn't I guess

I'd be supportive of UW ending football. The E1 lot is already going to be developed into buildings. Use the stadium for concerts and Stadium Cross races. Or a pea patch. If there was ever a chance to kill it, it's now
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Emoterman said:

People forget that colleges are under no legal obligation to provide a football program

The emotional attachment of a 150 year tradition and people's love of Alma Mater U doesn't translate to the Montlake Junior Seahawks

The players will never get better pay than they get now over and under the table

I'd have loved a free education. I made my own business decision at 19 and decided 100's of thousands of debt wasn't a good plan for me.

Yup, thats me. Stacking laundry soap. I also have a healthy 410K, I bought a house and property with a pretty cheap mortgage, paid in cash for the build of another house on my property that my mom retired in and outside of my mortgage I have no debt. I'm certainly not rich but after being a drunk and a coke head for my early adulthood I haven't been entirely stupid with what money I did make. You don't need to go to college if you're not ashamed of stacking cans, digging ditches, building fences, pouring drinks or shoveling shit for a living. All of which I've done at one point or another. Someone's got to do it. Maybe Biden will come through like he said and get that debt off your record. I don't have that problem. I know, take it to the Pump.
    Whatever you got to tell yourself to not face the reality of earlier poor decisions, man
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

I'd have loved a free education. I made my own business decision at 19 and decided 100's of thousands of debt wasn't a good plan for me.

Yup, thats me. Stacking laundry soap. I also have a healthy 410K, I bought a house and property with a pretty cheap mortgage, paid in cash for the build of another house on my property that my mom retired in and outside of my mortgage I have no debt. I'm certainly not rich but after being a drunk and a coke head for my early adulthood I haven't been entirely stupid with what money I did make. You don't need to go to college if you're not ashamed of stacking cans, digging ditches, building fences, pouring drinks or shoveling shit for a living. All of which I've done at one point or another. Someone's got to do it. Maybe Biden will come through like he said and get that debt off your record. I don't have that problem. I know, take it to the Pump.
    Whatever you got to tell yourself to not face the reality of earlier poor decisions, man
    OK!
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

I'm sure he would have been better off taking out $100k of debt to major in gender studies.
    Yes, because that’s the only alternative and not the exception
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 784
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

I'm sure he would have been better off taking out $100k of debt to major in gender studies.
    In the 80’s UW cost $400 a quarter for in state. It pays to be old.

• Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

What percentage of US undergraduates major in gender studies? Do you think it is more than 1%? Doubt it.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

What percentage of US undergraduates major in gender studies? Do you think it is more than 1%? Doubt it.
    What % of graduates have a positive roi on their tuition and giving up 4 years of a career.

What's the opportunity cost for those intelligent enough to have a positive roi?

I'll wait.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,113
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Who’s Roi?

Dunno but he seems to be positive.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

What % of graduates have a positive roi on their tuition and giving up 4 years of a career.

What's the opportunity cost for those intelligent enough to have a positive roi?

I'll wait.
    Less and less dipshit. Do you ever watch the news? College is expensive, hth.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

I'll wait.
    College is expensive? Why is that?

Thanks for proving my point btw.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

I'll wait.

https://www.google.com/search?q=why+is+college+so+expensive&oq=why+is+college+&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0i512l9.5490j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I'm pretty busy today. Check this out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

I'll wait.

https://www.google.com/search?q=why+is+college+so+expensive&oq=why+is+college+&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0i512l9.5490j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I'm pretty busy today. Check this out.
    Weird that people continue to make poor financial choices on a diminishing value proposition.

Again, thanks for supporting my point.

P.s. you sound poor
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,520
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I bet the replacement would be the offensive qa control they just hired. At first I was thinking DeBoer was just hiring who he was comfortable with. I think Jen is just trying to do it on the cheap though the this plays out.

I hope not. Doogs are also calling for Jermaine Kearse to be named WR coach. Either convince Kirby to come up or poach the Arizona guy. We should be done with the analyst - on field coach promotion after last year
    I’m not as against hiring Kearse as you are. He’s got a few things in his corner that I like. Local guy, played at UW, played in the NFL. Assuming he can sell and is willing to cater to teen bois on an obsessive level I’d be happier with JK than a GA. He’s at minimum third for me behind Moore and Cummings.
    Honestly, if Hartline can be as good as he is at OSU, maybe Kearse could do something here. Yeah, we aren't tOSU, I know. No clue what Hartline's background is beyond playing WR.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

ntxduck said:

Emoterman said:

I'll wait.
    Go ahead and just give us the cliff notes version instead of asking these dumb vagueries.

There's countless ways to measure ROI of a college degree. While my impression is that it's still positive despite admin bloat run amok, these comparisons are largely meaningless since we're talking about a counter-factual for each individual person. As always, YMMV.

So let's just skip the bullshit back and forth and you tell us why college is a scam.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Emoterman said:

I have an UW education, so that should tell you enough about the worth of that paper. You did not miss out lolz