Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ok Libs' , are we going to ban knife ' s now?

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

The only pro gun argument that holds any weight with me is that you need them in case the government tries some Hitler shit. Other than that, they do way more harm than good.

That whole second amendment thing is overrated.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

The problem with anti gun people is they make it seem like you can go to the grocery store and pick up a glock with your spaghetti dinner you are going to cook. Banning guns only means shittier people will have to pay more to obtain one illegally. If people are sick and determined enough they will get their hands on one, or build a bomb etc.

It's really, really easy to get a gun if you take five minutes to research.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

The only pro gun argument that holds any weight with me is that you need them in case the government tries some Hitler shit. Other than that, they do way more harm than good.

I assume you believe if we outright ban them then no way criminals will be able to get a hold of them correct?

It is, and it still will be even if they outlawed them completely. I do think the system in general needs to be tightened up but to just get rid of guns outright isn't going to do anything.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,488 Standard Supporter
    Threads like these make me long for the measured insights of CollegeDoog

I assume you believe if we outright ban them then no way criminals will be able to get a hold of them correct?
    I don't want to ban guns for the reason I laid out in my first post. I know it's unlikely, but you can't have the government owning all the guns in case some Hitler shit happens.

To hypothetically answer your question, if guns were banned, make it a minimum 50 year sentence for possession.

A lot of the pro-gun arguments are really fucking stupid. What if my house gets broken in? Most robberies happen 9-5 when they know the home owners are at work. Even if you have a gun in a safe, you probably won't have time if an armed robber comes in at night.

And Jesus walked on water. Blacks and gays aren't worthy of being treated equally. The world changes Boobie. People who still take the amendments literally are as bad as people who take the Bible as fact.

I don't want to ban guns for the reason I laid out in my first post. I know it's unlikely, but you can't have the government owning all the guns in case some Hitler shit happens.

To hypothetically answer your question, if guns were banned, make it a minimum 50 year sentence for possession.

A lot of the pro-gun arguments are really fucking stupid. What if my house gets broken in? Most robberies happen 9-5 when they know the home owners are at work. Even if you have a gun in a safe, you probably won't have time if an armed robber comes in at night.
    For the sake of getting into a long winded CollegeDoog argument i'm going to be the BIGGER MAN (fucking hate when people say shit like this) and just not talk. Gun control is one of the many political arguments where neither side will budge.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

Now a kid is being labeled a HERO for pulling the fire alarm, and a principal for tackling the 16 year old perp. That doesn't make you a hero bitch, that's doing your job. How hard is it for a grown man to tackle a scrawny 16 - year old?

I'm growing tired of this "hero" label being thrown around. Fuck man, a hero runs into a burning fire to save a baby. American firefighters won't even do that anymore.

A milestone, my first plss,wtf. Sounds heroic to me, on principal's part, putting your ass on the line. Sure as hell not the heroism of begging the city council for arts funding.
    Downvoted because this is your first plss,wtf. Where you been?

Dude, you needs guns for self defense in case of a home invasion, in case you get mugged in a sketchy part of town, to hunt, to go to the fucking shooting range, etc.

Guns aren't the problem. The problems are current regulations, corruption, laws and penalties that aren't harsh enough on gun runners and other legit criminals, and regulations.

It shouldn't be so easy for your average dumbass to get a gun. Parents should be more responsible when they have guns and use a fucking lock box.

It's an issue that's not going to go away, unfortunately, without human nature changing radically, or some much tougher regulations. I don't like the government meddling in lots of things, but guns are fucking dangerous and responsible government interference is okay in my book.
    With a child living in my home, the gun would need to be in a lock box. If an armed robber came while we were sleeping, I doubt I would have time to get the gun out and do anything. 99% of the time, they are there to rob, not to kill. I will take my chances.

The shit about being mugged in a sketchy part of town is really stupid. Why would I be there in the first place, and am I supposed to walk around with a gun at my hip? I've been hunting a few times, but it's really not essential. If you can afford guns and ammo, you can afford to buy meat. I've also been cross bow hunting. There are alternatives if you really like the "sport."

I shot guns all the time when I went to college in Montana. How my buddies acquired these guns is how I know how fucking easy it is to get a gun without buying one from a regulated store. We would go in the woods, set up empty bottles, and have shooting competitions. It was a lot fun, I've shot tons of guns, AR-15's, AK's, Mosberg's, 1911's, 45's. I don't hate guns and I don't want them banned. They do more harm than good though. That's the only point I was making.

Only justification PGOS needs.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2014

Dude, you needs guns for self defense in case of a home invasion, in case you get mugged in a sketchy part of town, to hunt, to go to the fucking shooting range, etc.

Guns aren't the problem. The problems are current regulations, corruption, laws and penalties that aren't harsh enough on gun runners and other legit criminals, and regulations.

It shouldn't be so easy for your average dumbass to get a gun. Parents should be more responsible when they have guns and use a fucking lock box.

It's an issue that's not going to go away, unfortunately, without human nature changing radically, or some much tougher regulations. I don't like the government meddling in lots of things, but guns are fucking dangerous and responsible government interference is okay in my book.
    With a child living in my home, the gun would need to be in a lock box. If an armed robber came while we were sleeping, I doubt I would have time to get the gun out and do anything. 99% of the time, they are there to rob, not to kill. I will take my chances.

The shit about being mugged in a sketchy part of town is really stupid. Why would I be there in the first place, and am I supposed to walk around with a gun at my hip? I've been hunting a few times, but it's really not essential. If you can afford guns and ammo, you can afford to buy meat. I've also been cross bow hunting. There are alternatives if you really like the "sport."

We would go in the woods, set up empty bottles, and have shooting competitions. It was a lot fun, I've shot tons of guns, AR-15's, AK's, Mosberg's, 1911's, 45's.
    Strongly disagree with this entire paragraph, except for the gun needing to be in the lock box, or well hidden, with a child around. If you have even a shit home security system, you will have plenty of time to get your shit together and find a gun. And if you have a kid sleeping in your house, you aren't taking any chances. You are going to try and suppress the home invader, and kill him at the first sign of a violent threat .

Responsible gun owners have stopped numerous crimes over the years; particularly armed robberies at banks, gas stations, things of that nature. You never know when some sketchy shit is going to go down in 98% of places on the Earth. If you are strapped, you can respond if shit goes south. Don't get caught bringing fists to a gun fight. I'm not advocating walking around with a .45 on you belt, but keeping it in the glove box isn't the worst idea...

The middle of nowhere Montana is a lot different than densely populated urban areas that draw criminals and homeless in far greater numbers.

Bow hunting is a lot more fun, a lot more difficult, and a lot more intense than rifle hunting. They are both legitimate activities that are useful in controlling animal populations.

That sounds like a lot of fun, damn. Love doing stuff like that, though never with assault rifles.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam

Killing a bear is pretty cool, but it's more impressive if you do it without a fucking military grade sniper. And without a guide.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Killing a bear is pretty cool, but it's more impressive if you do it without a fucking military grade sniper. And without a guide.
    Swing your sword or gtfo Leach!

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,548 Founders Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jHMj_GL_y8

PostGameOrangeSlices?
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    dnc said:

Killing a bear is pretty cool,
    Swing your sword or gtfo Leach!

Why?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Fair notice - I am in the army of Obots that will be carrying your asses to the re-educamation camps when the day comes.

Australia did a good thing when they changed their firearms laws. They made their country safer, and gave the lie to people who said it can't be done, or that it unfairly impinges on people's freedom. And if you think that the 2d Amendment is so the people can rise up against the man -

#loljusttryitsometime

A bunch of goodolboys with rifles and pistols will not stop the US Army and US Marine Corps if it ever came to that. And if it did come to that, the country would be falling apart at the seams anyway and the military would probably be choosing one side or the other anyway.

Anyway - I know almost everyone of you disagrees with me, and I don't really give a shit, and I'm not going to CollegeDoog this thing up. So mock away.

AZDuck said:

Fair notice - I am in the army of Obots that will be carrying your asses to the re-educamation camps when the day comes.

Australia did a good thing when they changed their firearms laws. They made their country safer, and gave the lie to people who said it can't be done, or that it unfairly impinges on people's freedom. And if you think that the 2d Amendment is so the people can rise up against the man -

#loljusttryitsometime

A bunch of goodolboys with rifles and pistols will not stop the US Army and US Marine Corps if it ever came to that. And if it did come to that, the country would be falling apart at the seams anyway and the military would probably be choosing one side or the other anyway.

Anyway - I know almost everyone of you disagrees with me, and I don't really give a shit, and I'm not going to CollegeDoog this thing up. So mock away.

Disagree,

Mate.