Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Taimani is gone

Comments

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2021
    Taki hasn't recorded a sack yet. He sucks
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Houhusky said:

True freshman tufuuni flashed more this year than taimani ever did

Flush the quitters, they couldn’t even get it together against Montana juvenile detention center.

I was going to say something like this. All of our recent studs on the D Line flashed right away. Gaines was a fucking unit as a true freshman. I don't recal Vea's Freshman/1st season but he was already one of the best linemen in the Pac his Sophmore year. Zion balled out early on etc. All of these guys were like fringe "top 500" or whatever the fuck that means in recruiting.

The only example I can remember of a decent DL/OLB recruit who was recruited high that started slow and got really good by his Junior/Sr year was JoJo Mathis.
    Honestly I think the previous staff was very good at developing talent at one point. Then it transitioned to a country club for coaches and we have what we have now.

If huff is actually staying agreed. If huff is gone let's give this new coaching staff a chance to give a shit again.
  • Options

None of our front seven from this last year is worth shit, and that includes Ulo. I don't know if that means that Jimmy and his merry band of retards ruined them for good or if there's still potential for them to turnaround under a competent coaching staff.

Either way, losing our only genuine nose tackle body is not a good thing. And even though we're full, we're going to have a hard time getting 85 guys into this program come summer.

agree with your second point, yeah taimani wasn't that good. but he's a big body. It's not like there are a bunch of younger nose tackles on the roster ready to take his place (Voi is good but he's small). or new dline recruits coming in. Also the game Taimani missed this season against arizona was one of our worst games for rush defense if you factor in opponent.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 796
    edited December 2021
    He just didn’t seem athletic enough. I know the bar is low as a space eating DT, but he was a lumbering oaf. Sorta like a big center in basketball who is uncoordinated and can’t move.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Any warning? Or just gone?
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

None of our front seven from this last year is worth shit, and that includes Ulo. I don't know if that means that Jimmy and his merry band of retards ruined them for good or if there's still potential for them to turnaround under a competent coaching staff.

Either way, losing our only genuine nose tackle body is not a good thing. And even though we're full, we're going to have a hard time getting 85 guys into this program come summer.

Bruener or ZTF? How do you figure on Ulo? Tuli was better than Taki. Voi was decent and has a ton of potential. Jimmy Lake was their coach
  • Options
    Canadawg said:

Bruener or ZTF? How do you figure on Ulo? Tuli was better than Taki. Voi was decent and has a ton of potential. Jimmy Lake was their coach
    ZTF must have been rushed back from injury too fast because he didn't look impactful this season. I really hope he stays though. Bruener was ok given the situation but he had a rough apple cup.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,534
    Standard Supporter

Canadawg said:

ZTF must have been rushed back from injury too fast because he didn't look impactful this season. I really hope he stays though. Bruener was ok given the situation but he had a rough apple cup.
    Yeah achilles take longer to get back than ACLs, less blood-flow for healing and more needed for explosion.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,000
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2021
    HFNY said:

Ulo and Bruener are good but neither of them are big so it would have been nice to have Taimani as a big body in-front of them some of the time (as a 0 or 1 tech).

Fresno State ran a 4-2-5 but it's tough to say what the new DC will run because we don't know who it will be or what preference they have. If it's a 4-2-5:

SDE: Tunuufi or Trice
    DT: Tuli L.
    DT: Tuitele or Bandes
    WDE: ZTF

LB: Ulo
    LB: Bruener

Husky: Hampton
    CB: Covington
    CB: Powell
    FS: Turner or Irvin
    SS: Cook

If turner starts burn down husky stadium and cleanse the grounds with bleach. Irvin is a huge disappointment. I bet perryman starts at one corner. Bandes is so out of shape and Unathletic he was far away from contributing this year. The younger dt’s are better.
  • Options
    I hope it looks like this

SDE: Transfer
    DT: Tuli L. (I guess he's decent)
    DT: Transfer
    WDE: ZTF

LB: Ulo
    LB: Nevada Transfer

Husky: Hampton
    CB: another transfer please
    CB: Perryman
    FS: Transfer
    SS: Covington
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Canadawg said:

What about them? Bruener flashed against Stanford and then got ran over by Oregon. I still think he'll be good, but he was indistinguishable from Sirmon down the stretch. And ZTF was non-existent this year. Understandably so, but he would hardly be the first dwag to burst onto the scene before an untimely injury derailed their career. It's basically the script at this point.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,788
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021

Canadawg said:

What about them? Bruener flashed against Stanford and then got ran over by Oregon. I still think he'll be good, but he was indistinguishable from Sirmon down the stretch. And ZTF was non-existent this year. Understandably so, but he would hardly be the first dwag to burst onto the scene before an untimely injury derailed their career. It's basically the script at this point.
    Everyone got ran over by Oregon because of scheme and pussy coaches. Sirmon doesn't have the speed get that pick six to start the game.

ZTF had sacks and hurries (UCLA and Arizona just off the top) which is all you expect coming off of that injury. But they would have been a lot shittier without him.

Tuli had no help and looked average because of it.

@DefinitelyNotCoker thinks Taimani was a huge loss which is all you need to know about how shitty he was.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Well you said none of them had any value. I'd say those players have some value
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2021

The unheralded class of Voi and Peihopa is already better than all the 4* guys UWs brought in the last three years sans Tuli who is decent.

Voi was a 4 star and had the best film since Rapp.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

The unheralded class of Voi and Peihopa is already better than all the 4* guys UWs brought in the last three years sans Tuli who is decent.

As @backthepack said he looks like Aron Donald
  • Options
    FireCohen said:

As @backthepack said he looks like Aron Donald
    The retarded little cousin of Aaron?
  • Options
    GaearGrimsrudGaearGrimsrud Member Posts: 82
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic

Tbh, after the disgraceful showing we saw this season, the whole goddamn defense could portal and it wouldn't hurt my feelings. I'm not sure how shit went from this (see gif) downhill so fast but gut the whole thing and start over imo. I got sick and tired of watching arm tackling, bad angles and running backs carrying half the Husky D 15 yards down field every fucking game. Let some of the younger kids play that at least wanna make an effort.
    Just my $0.02