Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    No sacred cows
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    first portal out to make me a bit sad.
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,211
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    He had like one good play this year. A sack in the backfield but can’t remember against whom…maybe cal? Yeah that’s proof we won’t miss him
  • Options

I hardly remember him doing anything. Then again my interest in UW football this year was at an all time low.

I don’t remember him doing much in 3 years and we were soft up front. Part of it was scheme but he’s nothing special. A decent rotational DT. He would have barely played from 2016-2018.
    I think it is a bit of a loss. Did he make a lot of memorable plays? No. But dude was WIDE. That counts for something as a DT He has a physical profile that isn't so easy to replace
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

He had like one good play this year. A sack in the backfield but can’t remember against whom…maybe cal? Yeah that’s proof we won’t miss him

I thought it was Oregon state. But yeah, the D kine didn’t do anything. Not gonna shed any tears over this.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    OreDawg said:

I thought it was Oregon state. But yeah, the D kine didn’t do anything. Not gonna shed any tears over this.
    Taimani didn't have a sack this season, actually has zero career sacks. I think he recovered a fumble against the Beavs from a Tuitele sack?
  • Options
    AlpoAlpo Member Posts: 98
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    OreDawg said:

I thought he was coming on in the middle part of the season but then he disappeared again.
  • Options

I hardly remember him doing anything. Then again my interest in UW football this year was at an all time low.

I don’t remember him doing much in 3 years and we were soft up front. Part of it was scheme but he’s nothing special. A decent rotational DT. He would have barely played from 2016-2018.
    I think it is a bit of a loss. Did he make a lot of memorable plays? No. But dude was WIDE. That counts for something as a DT He has a physical profile that isn't so easy to replace
    Change the scheme from our current bulls hit and let Voi actually get in the backfield. I’ve had enough of this two gap, take up blockers bullshit.
    Tuitele seems to have a higher ceiling than Taimani, he should play more this season.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Change the scheme from our current bulls hit and let Voi actually get in the backfield. I’ve had enough of this two gap, take up blockers bullshit.
    Tuitele seems to have a higher ceiling than Taimani, he should play more this season.
    Not a fan of Tuitele either and he’s another overrated recruit that I don’t think actually had commitable offers to the blue bloods (like Smalls).

He had a big play vs Oregon State, but I don’t have high hopes for him. Bandes is worse tho.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,788
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    But how was Malloe overrated?

I remember Dennis saying Malloe had the greatest dline class in UW history in 2018.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,839
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

But how was Malloe overrated?

I remember Dennis saying Malloe had the greatest dline class in UW history in 2018.

Saama Paama, Tuitele, Bandes, and Ngalu. Not one legitimately good player from the bunch. Tuitele is the only one that might even end up being an average PAC 12 starter. This was the leveling up bullshit that was always dumb.

It’s hard to top a four man rotation of Vea, Gaines, Jaylen Johnson, and Qualls/Levi.
    I'm not sure it's fair to compare production/development under Peterman vs. Lake, but as it stands, our DL has definitely underperformed.
  • Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Taimani started to come on last year but I echo the sentiments of those who say he hasn't lived up to the hype. He never seemed like he was in good shape. Huge frame but sort of got pushed around out there. This upcoming year was going to be make or break for him as Tunuufi and Peihopa had started to get lots of snaps. We're also most likely not running a 3-4 so the "nose tackle" position is probably going away.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,720
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The rush defense was at its best by a mile when Taimani and Tuli L were on the field. The pass rush was better without Taimani.

Not a great DT by any stretch, but he's a loss.