Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Taimani is gone

Comments

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tbh, after the disgraceful showing we saw this season, the whole goddamn defense could portal and it wouldn't hurt my feelings. I'm not sure how shit went from this (see gif) downhill so fast but gut the whole thing and start over imo. I got sick and tired of watching arm tackling, bad angles and running backs carrying half the Husky D 15 yards down field every fucking game. Let some of the younger kids play that at least wanna make an effort.
    Just my $0.02

Playing Asa Turner as a sweeper when he is a known pussy actively avoiding contact sent the message to the team...

play scarred, backpaddle, don't embrace contact or toughness, and try not to get injured.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

The unheralded class of Voi and Peihopa is already better than all the 4* guys UWs brought in the last three years sans Tuli who is decent.

Voi was a 4 star and had the best film since Rapp.
    As @backthepack said he looks like Aron Donald
    The retarded little cousin of Aaron?
    ISAFNRC
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Taimani started to come on last year but I echo the sentiments of those who say he hasn't lived up to the hype. He never seemed like he was in good shape. Huge frame but sort of got pushed around out there. This upcoming year was going to be make or break for him as Tunuufi and Peihopa had started to get lots of snaps. We're also most likely not running a 3-4 so the "nose tackle" position is probably going away.

I sometimes think people on the boared know shit about football but if you think UW ran a fucking 3-4 you need to just shut the fuck up.
    Our 3 down is a fucking package, dumbass, and we ran it for the WSU game and that’s about it.
    (Also, it was a 3-3-5, not a 3-4, that’s why Bookie was on the edge and not a backer)

Just because an End is standing up, that doesn’t make it a fucking 3-4, if you haven’t noticed, our ends stand in pass rushing situations.

You better PRAY we run a Tite 3-4 next year, but we won’t.

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,788
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    They made a mistake not making him a guard on the O-line IMO.
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

6’2 guard who can’t run? Yeah no…
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

True freshman tufuuni flashed more this year than taimani ever did

Flush the quitters, they couldn’t even get it together against Montana juvenile detention center.

I was going to say something like this. All of our recent studs on the D Line flashed right away. Gaines was a fucking unit as a true freshman. I don't recal Vea's Freshman/1st season but he was already one of the best linemen in the Pac his Sophmore year. Zion balled out early on etc. All of these guys were like fringe "top 500" or whatever the fuck that means in recruiting.

The only example I can remember of a decent DL/OLB recruit who was recruited high that started slow and got really good by his Junior/Sr year was JoJo Mathis.
    Vea was actually pretty bad his freshman year. I think he was out of shape and it hadn’t clicked. Guys as big, strong, and athletic simply have to play hard. It’s crazy how few DL really can.

Vea came out in 2016 and he was a monster and he continued to get better. Other than Bama and maybe Ohio State, our DL was the best in the country. The secondary had to be top 2 or 3 as well.

Some guys do break out later, but it doesn’t happen often. I’m not counting on it from many on our DL or edge. Voi, Trice, and maybe Peihopa.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hardly remember him doing anything. Then again my interest in UW football this year was at an all time low.

I don’t remember him doing much in 3 years and we were soft up front. Part of it was scheme but he’s nothing special. A decent rotational DT. He would have barely played from 2016-2018.
    I think it is a bit of a loss. Did he make a lot of memorable plays? No. But dude was WIDE. That counts for something as a DT He has a physical profile that isn't so easy to replace
    Change the scheme from our current bulls hit and let Voi actually get in the backfield. I’ve had enough of this two gap, take up blockers bullshit.
    Tuitele seems to have a higher ceiling than Taimani, he should play more this season.
    Not a fan of Tuitele either and he’s another overrated recruit that I don’t think actually had commitable offers to the blue bloods (like Smalls).

He had a big play vs Oregon State, but I don’t have high hopes for him. Bandes is worse tho.
    The first paragraph is just an assumption in my part. How could you disagree with the 2nd paragraph? What am I missing? You guys think Tuitele and Bandes look promising?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Tbh, after the disgraceful showing we saw this season, the whole goddamn defense could portal and it wouldn't hurt my feelings. I'm not sure how shit went from this (see gif) downhill so fast but gut the whole thing and start over imo. I got sick and tired of watching arm tackling, bad angles and running backs carrying half the Husky D 15 yards down field every fucking game. Let some of the younger kids play that at least wanna make an effort.
    Just my $0.02

Playing Asa Turner as a sweeper when he is a known pussy actively avoiding contact sent the message to the team...

play scarred, backpaddle, don't embrace contact or toughness, and try not to get injured.
    When the coaches allow that bullshit it effects the whole team. If you aren’t gonna tackle you better be Deion Sander s at CB. The fact Turner continued to play baffles me, even tho I’m fully aware the other guys suck.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,610
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hardly remember him doing anything. Then again my interest in UW football this year was at an all time low.

I don’t remember him doing much in 3 years and we were soft up front. Part of it was scheme but he’s nothing special. A decent rotational DT. He would have barely played from 2016-2018.
    I think it is a bit of a loss. Did he make a lot of memorable plays? No. But dude was WIDE. That counts for something as a DT He has a physical profile that isn't so easy to replace
    Change the scheme from our current bulls hit and let Voi actually get in the backfield. I’ve had enough of this two gap, take up blockers bullshit.
    Tuitele seems to have a higher ceiling than Taimani, he should play more this season.
    Not a fan of Tuitele either and he’s another overrated recruit that I don’t think actually had commitable offers to the blue bloods (like Smalls).

He had a big play vs Oregon State, but I don’t have high hopes for him. Bandes is worse tho.
    The first paragraph is just an assumption in my part. How could you disagree with the 2nd paragraph? What am I missing? You guys think Tuitele and Bandes look promising?
    The Milloe prospects as a whole have been disappointing. If I was Boner I’d offer big $$$ to Choate to come back as DL coach and run game coordinator or Co-Dc. Whatever it takes to rationalize the pay. Closing Vea and finding and signing Gaines, Jaylon Johnson and Levi speaks for itself. All those players are better than any dudes Milloe recruited. I know guys on here want distance from the Pete tree but Choate was a great evaluator and developer of talent. As an aside his Montana State team is in their second straight FCS semifinal. Those are all his guys. Pete tree or not he’s a great coach. I’d be thrilled with him back at UW. That said, I’m sure they never even inquired.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Just my $0.02

So you think it wasn't Lake and co.s fault? You think an entire class of players just all looked bad in a similar way at the same time by chance?
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    Swaye's Wigwam
    theLSkid said:

Taimani started to come on last year but I echo the sentiments of those who say he hasn't lived up to the hype. He never seemed like he was in good shape. Huge frame but sort of got pushed around out there. This upcoming year was going to be make or break for him as Tunuufi and Peihopa had started to get lots of snaps. We're also most likely not running a 3-4 so the "nose tackle" position is probably going away.

I sometimes think people on the boared know shit about football but if you think UW ran a fucking 3-4 you need to just shut the fuck up.
    Our 3 down is a fucking package, dumbass, and we ran it for the WSU game and that’s about it.
    (Also, it was a 3-3-5, not a 3-4, that’s why Bookie was on the edge and not a backer)

Just because an End is standing up, that doesn’t make it a fucking 3-4, if you haven’t noticed, our ends stand in pass rushing situations.

You better PRAY we run a Tite 3-4 next year, but we won’t.

I take that personally. But I agree. Post more
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

True freshman tufuuni flashed more this year than taimani ever did

Flush the quitters, they couldn’t even get it together against Montana juvenile detention center.

I was going to say something like this. All of our recent studs on the D Line flashed right away. Gaines was a fucking unit as a true freshman. I don't recal Vea's Freshman/1st season but he was already one of the best linemen in the Pac his Sophmore year. Zion balled out early on etc. All of these guys were like fringe "top 500" or whatever the fuck that means in recruiting.

The only example I can remember of a decent DL/OLB recruit who was recruited high that started slow and got really good by his Junior/Sr year was JoJo Mathis.
    Vea was actually pretty bad his freshman year. I think he was out of shape and it hadn’t clicked. Guys as big, strong, and athletic simply have to play hard. It’s crazy how few DL really can.

Vea came out in 2016 and he was a monster and he continued to get better. Other than Bama and maybe Ohio State, our DL was the best in the country. The secondary had to be top 2 or 3 as well.

Some guys do break out later, but it doesn’t happen often. I’m not counting on it from many on our DL or edge. Voi, Trice, and maybe Peihopa.
    I would argue our interior DL was the best in the nation that year. We lacked edge rusher unfortunately
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hope it looks like this

SDE: Transfer
    DT: Tuli L. (I guess he's decent)
    DT: Transfer
    WDE: ZTF

LB: Ulo
    LB: Nevada Transfer

Husky: Hampton
    CB: another transfer please
    CB: Perryman
    FS: Transfer
    SS: Covington

I like it! We should be on our way!
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    Has received 2 Cristobals to Baylor.
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    hope he likes rape
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,805
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Genuinely don’t care. Just get me 2 portal DTs.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Ah right, cause the 6'5 guys w. long arms who couldn't stop a gap shooter all season were an absolute thrill to watch.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Ah right, cause the 6'5 guys w. long arms who couldn't stop a gap shooter all season were an absolute thrill to watch.
    They all sucked. But thinking that turning him into a worse version of Ale is the solution is quite the take. Just not a good one.