Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Way Too Fucking Early Schedule Breakdown

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Dardanus said:

Why is everyone so quick to mark a W for the Stanford game? Because they lost Skov, Gardner, and Murphy? That's still going to be a tough game.

Probably cause UW defeated them two years ago and should have defeated them last year with Dude Brah as coach.

I think that will be the first big test in Petersen's career. However, at home I think that's a game you gotta win.

Stanford I read also returns the fewest starters in the conference while UCLA returns the most.
  • Options

They also lost their top 2 running backs, and 4 starters on the OL (I know they have recruited like crazy on the OL, but that is still a significant number, and it might effect the quality of their jumbo packages).

Josh Mauro is also gone on the DL so that is 4 of their front 7. Yes they will still be talented up front, but still big losses. Ed Reynolds left early for the NFL too, he was a playmaker for them in the secondary.

I don't think it will be an easy win at all, but it sure helps to play them early, and play them at home. Especially considering we should be 4-0 heading into that game.

At that point can't we just be happy with 4-0?
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I think CFBMatrix has us going 8-5 this year. I am not 100% sure on that, but he notes that it is hard to predict with new coaches coming in.

If he does predict 8 wins and we end up winning 10 lets say, that would mean Pete in his first season is a +2 coach effect. I can't see any way we only win 8 games.
  • Options

Oregon is the only sure loss. UCLA and Stanford will be tough, but they are at home. At Arizona and at WSU will be tough games. I guarantee we win at least 9. 10 or 11 is probably most likely. The schedule is set up well with the home/road match ups.

I would like to think IF we have a quality coach now that "guranteed loss" isn't in the vocabulary.
    This.

I dooged it up a bit in the early portion of the season last year with the LIPO mantra regarding Sark. Looking back, the Sark script was rather easy to see; I should have bet a lot of money against Sark every fucking road game. I'd be living in a beach house outside of Kona, snorting blow off a supermodel's ass.
    I only missed one game all year along with DNC which was the Oregon State game. Although the fire Sark talk was heating up so I had a feeling UW would win. It feels like whenever the fire Sark talk got momentum that fuck stick would pull out a win.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,575
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Dardanus said:

Why is everyone so quick to mark a W for the Stanford game? Because they lost Skov, Gardner, and Murphy? That's still going to be a tough game.

Probably cause UW defeated them two years ago and should have defeated them last year with Dude Brah as coach.

I think that will be the first big test in Petersen's career. However, at home I think that's a game you gotta win.

Stanford I read also returns the fewest starters in the conference while UCLA returns the most.
    I got ripped in the Leach thread for saying Stanford is going to take a step backwards next year, but they really are. Hogan can't put the team on his back; he is a "game manager" that isn't very clutch. I've never seen Hogan take over a game, but he's never had to, because Stanford has been much greater than the sum of its parts for a while now.

However, having to replace a bunch of starters, coupled with a difficult schedule (@UW, @UO, @UCLA), means that Furd is gonna struggle next year.
  • Options

I think CFBMatrix has us going 8-5 this year. I am not 100% sure on that, but he notes that it is hard to predict with new coaches coming in.

If he does predict 8 wins and we end up winning 10 lets say, that would mean Pete in his first season is a +2 coach effect. I can't see any way we only win 8 games.

I saw Dave Barto who runs that site tweet he is probably going to put UW at 10 wins. I think the 8-5 might have been from last year.

He nailed last year btw. He said last year has 10 win talent but Sark is a minus one win coach so he put 9-3. Actually he even underestimated Sark as he went 8-4.

I always tell this to Doogs how Sark was the only coach in America to be a negative win coach in five straight seasons. They always respond "Well he's a Duck fan so he's obviously bias against us". I'm like him being a Duck fan has nothing to do it with, it's pure math analysis.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gonna be a lot of unhappiness around here in November.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Dardanus said:

I got ripped in the Leach thread for saying Stanford is going to take a step backwards next year, but they really are. Hogan can't put the team on his back; he is a "game manager" that isn't very clutch. I've never seen Hogan take over a game, but he's never had to, because Stanford has been much greater than the sum of its parts for a while now.

However, having to replace a bunch of starters, coupled with a difficult schedule (@UW, @UO, @UCLA), means that Furd is gonna struggle next year.
    No you didn't. We all agreed Stanford was going to take a step backwards. Where you got ripped was saying WSU was going to pass Stanford.

You might want to learn the difference.
    i think roaddoog brought up the (valid) point that people have been saying the same shit about stanford regressing for years. while that's true, I think their schedule is too difficult for them to finish higher than 3rd in the ridiculously strong north next year.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited April 2014
    TheGlove said:

Yeah....unhappiness that we didn't beat OSU by fucking 69 again...just rather easily, say 44-17?
  • Options
    Yeah, I've been following Dave for a couple years now. Really like his formula and usually seems to be really accurate. I said the 8 wins because he recently posted a new coaches coach effect thing. But if he said 10 in a tweet then maybe that is what it will be. I know they are doing a magazine this year, should be cool.

I saw Dave Barto who runs that site tweet he is probably going to put UW at 10 wins. I think the 8-5 might have been from last year.

He nailed last year btw. He said last year has 10 win talent but Sark is a minus one win coach so he put 9-3. Actually he even underestimated Sark as he went 8-4.

I always tell this to Doogs how Sark was the only coach in America to be a negative win coach in five straight seasons. They always respond "Well he's a Duck fan so he's obviously bias against us". I'm like him being a Duck fan has nothing to do it with, it's pure math analysis.
  • Options
    "It will be interesting to see this board after Petersen loses a game"

-Ken Griswold
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    We lose to ASU but are still at 10 wins

Holiday or Alamo
  • Options
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

We lose to ASU

why? they lose like 10 defensive starters, and Graham is a slightly better Sark = consistently inconsistent.

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

TheGlove said:

Yeah....unhappiness that we didn't beat OSU by fucking 69 again...just rather easily, say 44-17?
    Please don't mistake me for a Boov. I've watched a ton of Pac 8/10/12 football and I think people predicting 10+ wins for the Huskies are going to be unhappy.

This has nothing to do with Oregon State.
  • Options

Dardanus said:

No you didn't. We all agreed Stanford was going to take a step backwards. Where you got ripped was saying WSU was going to pass Stanford.

You might want to learn the difference.
    i think roaddoog brought up the (valid) point that people have been saying the same shit about stanford regressing for years. while that's true, I think their schedule is too difficult for them to finish higher than 3rd in the ridiculously strong north next year.
    No it was me who said we've been saying this for years. Some of you need to learn the difference.

I think Stanford falls to the middle of the pack but they won't go back to the Walt Harris Stanford days either.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    TheGlove said:

TheGlove said:

Please don't mistake me for a Boov. I've watched a ton of Pac 8/10/12 football and I think people predicting 10+ wins for the Huskies are going to be unhappy.

This has nothing to do with Oregon State.
    You've definitely been boovin' it for Riley.

It's about time for people to predict 10 wins and have high standards for the program. That said, 7-6 would be ironically funny, but still fucking suck.

If 7-6 occurs, this message board will be ever more "over capacity" than it currently is