Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Way Too Fucking Early Schedule Breakdown

@ Hawai'i: WIN (1-0)
Eastern Washington: WIN (2-0)
Illinois: WIN (3-0)
Georgia State: WIN (4-0)
Stanford: WIN (5-0)
BYE
@ California: WIN (6-0)
@ Oregon: LOSS (6-1)
Arizona State: WIN (7-1)
@ Colorado: WIN (8-1)
UCLA: LOSS (8-2)
@ Arizona: WIN (9-2)
Oregon State: WIN (10-2)
@ Washington State: WIN (11-2)

Have at it. I think that record could get us in the Rose Bowl if others falter a bit.

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

BYE

Have at it. I think that record could get us in the Rose Bowl if others falter a bit.

That would be pretty fucking great. Could see either ASU/AU being a loss.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I agree, kinda. I know that UA kinda sorta doesn't have a QB right now. And ASU lost a TON of players, especially on defense. Should be interesting, or not, either way.... you get it.

Also, I am REALLY excited for Oregon vs. Michigan State. That should be a great early game.

BYE

That would be pretty fucking great. Could see either ASU/AU being a loss.
  • Options
    The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The schedule looks pretty easy. On par with the last couple Sark years. And it doesn't have any obvious 3 loss streak in it.
    How good the team will be? I trust Peterman but the question mark at QB makes it impossible to do any prediction.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I think we beat UCLA. @ARI scares me more.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon is the only sure loss. UCLA and Stanford will be tough, but they are at home. At Arizona and at WSU will be tough games. I guarantee we win at least 9. 10 or 11 is probably most likely. The schedule is set up well with the home/road match ups.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The schedule looks pretty easy. On par with the last couple Sark years. And it doesn't have any obvious 3 loss streak in it.
    How good the team will be? I trust Peterman but the question mark at QB makes it impossible to do any prediction.

Damn your 53 seconds.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    TheGlove said:

7-6

that's the appropriate expectation according to PL_SSFS
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    We won't win the North if we don't beat Stanford AND Oregon.

For the first time in a long time, we have an advantage playing Oregon this year. In the lead up to the game Oregon plays Michigan St (very physical team) and @ UCLA the week before playing us. It's very possible that Oregon could have two losses heading into the game with the UW.

I don't think that we lose at home to UCLA. We should have beat them last year.

I think it's very possible that we may have a let down game at Arizona.

There's not a game on this schedule that does not set up well for us to have a chance to win.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2014

Impossible to do any prediction? What the fuck? That might be one of the all time dumbest things I have ever heard. Since when do you need certainly to attempt to predict anything.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    11-2 is AWESOME. Just ask Marty.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I think 10-3. Lose at Oregon , lose to ucla at home and drop either AZ or WSU on the road.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Why is everyone so quick to mark a W for the Stanford game? Because they lost Skov, Gardner, and Murphy? That's still going to be a tough game.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tequilla said:

We won't win the North if we don't beat Stanford AND Oregon.

For the first time in a long time, we have an advantage playing Oregon this year. In the lead up to the game Oregon plays Michigan St (very physical team) and @ UCLA the week before playing us. It's very possible that Oregon could have two losses heading into the game with the UW.

I don't think that we lose at home to UCLA. We should have beat them last year.

I think it's very possible that we may have a let down game at Arizona.

There's not a game on this schedule that does not set up well for us to have a chance to win.

We should have beat UCLA? Dude they were up by 17 in the 4th quarter. If we played last season over again with Petersen as coach then maybe we do win.

As far as other points, ASU loses like 10 starters on defense plus Marion Grice who did everything for them. He was out the last two games which they lost. ASU will be mediocre.

I'm not sure about Arizona...their D was improved but they lose a few guys. Denker improved greatly after the horrid start but hes gone along with Carey. Austin Hill returns from injury and they have some talented recruits vying for QB.

No idea about WSU. We could lose if we are not playing for anything important.

Basically last season we won every game we should...had no upset wins (Sark had at least 1 every other year) and lost the 50-50 games to ASU (and maybe UCLA).

Oregon would be the only game that would qualify as an upset win. Stanford, UCLA and Arizona could be the 50-50 games.

If QB play and DB play are not worse than last season then I'd think, realistically we could go 11-2. OL will improve and the front 7 will be better as well.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    They also lost their top 2 running backs, and 4 starters on the OL (I know they have recruited like crazy on the OL, but that is still a significant number, and it might effect the quality of their jumbo packages).

Josh Mauro is also gone on the DL so that is 4 of their front 7. Yes they will still be talented up front, but still big losses. Ed Reynolds left early for the NFL too, he was a playmaker for them in the secondary.

I don't think it will be an easy win at all, but it sure helps to play them early, and play them at home. Especially considering we should be 4-0 heading into that game.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Oregon is the only sure loss. UCLA and Stanford will be tough, but they are at home. At Arizona and at WSU will be tough games. I guarantee we win at least 9. 10 or 11 is probably most likely. The schedule is set up well with the home/road match ups.

I would like to think IF we have a quality coach now that "guranteed loss" isn't in the vocabulary.
    This.

I dooged it up a bit in the early portion of the season last year with the LIPO mantra regarding Sark. Looking back, the Sark script was rather easy to see; I should have bet a lot of money against Sark every fucking road game. I'd be living in a beach house outside of Kona, snorting blow off a supermodel's ass.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,209
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    All I know is 9-4 would be 'special' ... As in retarded.

Anything less than 10-3 is unnacceptable...

I see 10-3 or 11-2 ... Alamo or Holiday ...

With a bowl win we get a minimum of 11 wins ... I could see this as the minimum acceptable record considering schedule.

If not ...,

Fuck you, Fuck me , Fuck everybody