Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are we Recruiting again? Fischer of Men Recruiting Thread - (Thread links)

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Who?

Never trust someone whose more than 100% sure of something.
    From what I've gathered, he was a 2nd string QB at SDSU who quit the team after getting demoted to 3rd string. DeBoer offered him out of high school so he must see something in him
    He's pretty big and mobile with good arm strength from what I've gathered. He reminds me of Jackson Stratton who was committed when Deboer was hired. Physical potential and a depth grab which was needed.

Maybe we'll never hear his name again aside from a brief mention along with the walkon Qbs. Maybe he'll end up useful.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,971
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We need the local if for no other reason than he’s local. That and “loosing” WA rb’s back to back years to whoregon isn’t a good look either.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,589
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

We need the local if for no other reason than he’s local. That and “loosing” WA rb’s back to back years to whoregon isn’t a good look either.

It's not like they're in on some better prospect anyway.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,459
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I don't think we're loosing him to Oregon. He's all MSU
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2023

I’ve heard that BUT wtf would a kid want to go there… I won’t believe it (don’t want to believe it) until he signs.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,992
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I’ve heard that BUT wtf would a kid want to go there… I won’t believe it (don’t want to believe it) until he signs.
    We lost a qb to Sparty we tried to get after the Kleinhole committed to tosu. $$$$

Also I don't think we recruited him all that hard. The lack of interest from major schools points to another Brandon Huffman all star level player.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

We lost a qb to Sparty we tried to get after the Kleinhole committed to tosu. $$$$

Also I don't think we recruited him all that hard. The lack of interest from major schools points to another Brandon Huffman all star level player.
    The fake 5 ⭐️ struggle is real.

I’m caught up on perception of not being able to keep guys instate.

Debatable if it matters but for the few EE’s and JT’s I think it does. They don’t come here anyways so whatever.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Debatable if it matters but for the few EE’s and JT’s I think it does. They don’t come here anyways so whatever.
    I think it's pretty obvious Deboer hasn't prioritized the fence and for good reason. What's worse for optics, missing on overrated 4* local recruits or shipping them off via the portal after they still play like HS kids after two years in the program?

Guys like EE and JTT are rare in Wa and won't be in the picture for UW until UW starts writing checks to HS kids.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

I think it's pretty obvious Deboer hasn't prioritized the fence and for good reason. What's worse for optics, missing on overrated 4* local recruits or shipping them off via the portal after they still play like HS kids after two years in the program?

Guys like EE and JTT are rare in Wa and won't be in the picture for UW until UW starts writing checks to HS kids.
    I think it’s worse for optics to miss. If we get them in and ship them out after two years while simultaneously taking similarly ranked guys and coaching them up to be studs, it just shows that they suck or are over rated.

I just can’t believe that continually missing on WA guys is a good thing. I’m having a hard time believing turning your back on instate will end well.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,992
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

I think it’s worse for optics to miss. If we get them in and ship them out after two years while simultaneously taking similarly ranked guys and coaching them up to be studs, it just shows that they suck or are over rated.

I just can’t believe that continually missing on WA guys is a good thing. I’m having a hard time believing turning your back on instate will end well.
    Were you glad when smalls came here? He wasn't highly recruited by the end and he was not remotely productive in high school. Optics did nothing for us on that but take up a scholarship.

Win games. Get the players you want. I don't care where they are from. Just get guys you realistically target.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Were you glad when smalls came here? He wasn't highly recruited by the end and he was not remotely productive in high school. Optics did nothing for us on that but take up a scholarship.

Win games. Get the players you want. I don't care where they are from. Just get guys you realistically target.
    I was… and yeah, he sucked.

I see the flip side, I’m just a TBS star chasing gomer.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,092
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ahfua looked like he loved Georgia, but the love wasn't returned. Interestingly at some camps this summer his younger Odea teammate was named best lineman. Kind of funny he hasn't updated his twitter picture. I understand it might not be a priority but if I were one of his new coaches, I'd send a request to get that updated to something TAMU.

I do wonder if there was damage with the recruitment of Mark Nabou, who Lake pulled or something like that when he took visits after committing.

I wonder about guys who committed to Cal and that whole situation with the conference. I wonder if those commitments stick, but I also don't know if the current staff is real high on those kids.

Marquawn McCraney wants to play WR, and it looks like Cal might be his best offer there. He is surrounded by UW people but again, I think UW only wants him at DB.

Brown, I dunno. Usually Odea backs are solid, know how to hit a hole. Helps they are usually running behind absolutely superior lines, but not all of them get the offers he has had.

2025 kids seem to be a bit higher on UW, and some good talent. I still think Platt is the real big miss of instate talent.

• Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,296
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    NEsnake12 said:

Some reddit user does some analysis about the most over/under recruited states. Most over-recruited? Washington.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/15x6e9c/which_states_are_under_or_over_recruited/

I think this just means Huffman gives every single 2 star player their own profile page. It sounds like they just counted total players without filtering for star ranking.