Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are we Recruiting again? Fischer of Men Recruiting Thread - (Thread links)

Comments

• Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

24/7 recruiting site already has USC & UCLA in the BIG

How the fuck is Stanford out recruiting UW
    They have more than double the amount of commits
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,583
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Crystal ball for Edge Deshawn Warner late last night from a B12 source.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,992
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

He’s cumin to udub. I’ll have sex with TOF if it doesn’t happen.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Hearing we just don't have room for him. Get your lube ready.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,130
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Kansas (we’re full)
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Facebook live?
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Really didn't need him as we are a program that develops 3 stars into NFL 1 st round picks. 4 stars are really not worth it. And besides we have a 5 star waiting to take his slot.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,473
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It’s been a rough week.
  • Options
    SanchoSancho Member Posts: 249
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Wait I thought Debeor was off to the big 10 next year and didn't give a shit about UW crootin?

Life comes at ya fast
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sancho said:

Wait I thought Debeor was off to the big 10 next year and didn't give a shit about UW crootin?

Life comes at ya fast

Just wait til we get our needle dick television contract.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sancho said:

Life comes at ya fast

Don’t forget those are Lakes croots winning 11 games.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,583
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sancho said:

Life comes at ya fast

Don’t forget those are Lakes croots winning 11 games.
    I hope you’re poking fun at the media because they count that 2020 class as a Lake class. The class with Rome, Jalen and Rosengarten was really Pete’s last class. Pete closed them before he announced his retirement, like he did all those highly rated classes. Jimmy kept the class together after the Vegas bowl. That was good on him but the heavy lifting was already done. Almost the whole DLine are Pete and DeBoer guys. The LBs are Pete and DeBoer guys. Every starting Olineman are Pete guys. Q. Moore, Banks, Voi, Wrysch, Hiems, Tinea, McCutcheon, Nunley are I think the only guys from Jimmy’s one and only solo class still on the team. I might be missing one or two.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

What I'm hearing:

People, remember, this is just DeBoer's 2nd recruiting class here. And more importantly, it's just his 2nd recruiting class at the Power-5 level. These 4* recruits still know VERY LITTLE about him or our staff. Patience is a HARD thing to collar in today's society, but just as it is with any new coach at this level, it will still take him/his staff 3 years to get a firm foothold on the west coast.

Buckle up, as I have a very strong feeling it will be a fun ride in the end!

NO, I am NOT the "Recruiting Police", just a fan like everyone else. I don't care of you're fretting or not, that's your business :-)

Every other new coach can recruit in year 2. Fucking Arizona is recruiting. But uw coming off of an 11-2 season can't do it because it's hard. Kids are not even coming to campus.

This has me more concerned kdb will jump ship if they have a good season because he sees the pipeline of talent being pretty rough the next couple of years. It's his own fault but still.

Some programs wouldnt touch him because he is definitely sucking in recruiting, but a mid tier big 10 or sec school could definitely come grab him and he wouldn't have to take responsibility for any major holes in the roster.

Still time to turn it around, but it doesn't look promising.
    I really do find it amusing to see the Doogs not see the direct relationship between lack of recruiting interest and a coach having one foot out the door ... it's not like that has NEVER happened in college football

What I'd add with recruiting and the future of DeBoer at UW is that you can't undersell how much the uncertainty of where UW is going to end up with any kind of conference realignment is having on not only recruiting but DeBoer's future. If you're staying in a DOA PAC conference that backfills some programs that are leaving to make the conference even more watered down, you'd be an idiot as a coach to not evaluate all of your opportunities when they materialize.

Another thing I haven't heard people talk about or consider is why is Arizona seemingly doing so great in recruiting ... is it because kids are buying what Jedd Fisch is selling more than what Kalen DeBoer is selling? I find that hard to believe. What I don't find hard to believe is that Arizona is one foot out the door to the Big12 and is able to sell their recruits on playing in the Big12. If you are a recruit and you're evaluating whether to choose playing in the Big12 with games that are going to be on actual TV versus playing in the PAC with games on streaming provider TBD with limited at best games on TV ... where are you choosing to play?

lol so you think that he didn't want the Purdue, Nebraska, MSU, etc jobs (UW barely even had to pay him more) but now all the sudden having 1 kid committed in June means he's leaving after this year?

Fuck off with that.

Enjoy the Big 12. YUGE ratings incoming watching TCU play Arizona and their used car salesman coach.

Meanwhile steam for UW heading to the B1G is picking up.
    Is your picture next to the definition of an idiot?

No coach is going to leave a roster set up to compete for a National Tittle run … you leave after you’ve proven that you can coach at that level and are able to have a better choice of job and money

I’ve said from the beginning that the B10 always has been the logical landing spot for UW … I’ve also said that UW holds few cards in getting itself to that spot and that being dependent on what the B10 wants to do is not operating from a position of strength. I’ve also said that in the event that a B10 invite does not come that UW needs to act at whatever the next best option is and IMO that option isn’t whatever remains in the PAC

Many are underestimating the damage that will come with UW remaining in the PAC … we all should hope that doesn’t materialize
    Jesus Christ.

"I've said.."

"I've also said..."

"I'm open to..."

Not reading.

Fuck off.
    There is a good reason why tequilla has to repeat himself so often.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    EwaDawg said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

What I'm hearing:

People, remember, this is just DeBoer's 2nd recruiting class here. And more importantly, it's just his 2nd recruiting class at the Power-5 level. These 4* recruits still know VERY LITTLE about him or our staff. Patience is a HARD thing to collar in today's society, but just as it is with any new coach at this level, it will still take him/his staff 3 years to get a firm foothold on the west coast.

Buckle up, as I have a very strong feeling it will be a fun ride in the end!

NO, I am NOT the "Recruiting Police", just a fan like everyone else. I don't care of you're fretting or not, that's your business :-)

Every other new coach can recruit in year 2. Fucking Arizona is recruiting. But uw coming off of an 11-2 season can't do it because it's hard. Kids are not even coming to campus.

This has me more concerned kdb will jump ship if they have a good season because he sees the pipeline of talent being pretty rough the next couple of years. It's his own fault but still.

Some programs wouldnt touch him because he is definitely sucking in recruiting, but a mid tier big 10 or sec school could definitely come grab him and he wouldn't have to take responsibility for any major holes in the roster.

Still time to turn it around, but it doesn't look promising.
    I really do find it amusing to see the Doogs not see the direct relationship between lack of recruiting interest and a coach having one foot out the door ... it's not like that has NEVER happened in college football

What I'd add with recruiting and the future of DeBoer at UW is that you can't undersell how much the uncertainty of where UW is going to end up with any kind of conference realignment is having on not only recruiting but DeBoer's future. If you're staying in a DOA PAC conference that backfills some programs that are leaving to make the conference even more watered down, you'd be an idiot as a coach to not evaluate all of your opportunities when they materialize.

Another thing I haven't heard people talk about or consider is why is Arizona seemingly doing so great in recruiting ... is it because kids are buying what Jedd Fisch is selling more than what Kalen DeBoer is selling? I find that hard to believe. What I don't find hard to believe is that Arizona is one foot out the door to the Big12 and is able to sell their recruits on playing in the Big12. If you are a recruit and you're evaluating whether to choose playing in the Big12 with games that are going to be on actual TV versus playing in the PAC with games on streaming provider TBD with limited at best games on TV ... where are you choosing to play?

lol so you think that he didn't want the Purdue, Nebraska, MSU, etc jobs (UW barely even had to pay him more) but now all the sudden having 1 kid committed in June means he's leaving after this year?

Fuck off with that.

Enjoy the Big 12. YUGE ratings incoming watching TCU play Arizona and their used car salesman coach.

Meanwhile steam for UW heading to the B1G is picking up.
    Is your picture next to the definition of an idiot?

No coach is going to leave a roster set up to compete for a National Tittle run … you leave after you’ve proven that you can coach at that level and are able to have a better choice of job and money

I’ve said from the beginning that the B10 always has been the logical landing spot for UW … I’ve also said that UW holds few cards in getting itself to that spot and that being dependent on what the B10 wants to do is not operating from a position of strength. I’ve also said that in the event that a B10 invite does not come that UW needs to act at whatever the next best option is and IMO that option isn’t whatever remains in the PAC

Many are underestimating the damage that will come with UW remaining in the PAC … we all should hope that doesn’t materialize
    Jesus Christ.

"I've said.."

"I've also said..."

"I'm open to..."

Not reading.

Fuck off.
    There is a good reason why tequilla has to repeat himself so often.
    Hair’s a special kind of fucktard
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2023
    Nothing more than speculation, but Kamar Mothudi might be in play for UW. He's committing on 7/11 (on Aurora in the U District), and his twatter has aggressively swung towards UW in the last week after being an Oregon lean for a while. Some thought that Oregon might not have a spot for him because they just got Dylan Williams plus Tosh is after some 5* LB from Texas instead
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2023
    Wood be a big get.

Not too proud to enjoy coming in second but still winning.