Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are we Recruiting again? Fischer of Men Recruiting Thread - (Thread links)

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Don't get your hopes up. He's all Duck.

Wagoner's top 4 drops in about 45 minutes. 81% chance we don't make the cut so it's a double whiff on the in state blue chip corners.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Guess the only instate kids we're getting are Hatchett and Lane.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The in-state stuff at this point is borderline laughable
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Tequilla said:

The doog narrative on DM and Discord are it's Jimmy's fault for poisoning the relationships with the local schools and 7v7 programs. That could be partially true but I don't think KDB should be blameless in this shit show. They had a chance to go suck off Tracy and Reggie before Lanning arrived in Eugene but instead they were throwing out hail mary offers to kids all over the country. I refuse to believe that if they had gotten all in on the local recruits that we'd be seeing this type of exodus. This is 3 years in a row where UW completely misses on the top in state talent.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,905
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

The narrative on DM and Discord are it's Jimmy's fault for poisoning the relationships with the local schools and 7v7 programs. That could be partially true but I don't think KDB should be blameless in this shit show. They had a chance to go suck off Tracy and Reggie before Lanning arrived in Eugene but instead they were throwing out hail mary offers to kids all over the country. I refuse to believe that if they had gotten all in on the local recruits that we'd be seeing this type of exodus. This is 3 years in a row where UW completely misses on the top in state talent.
    Agree. How difficult is it to go meet with the guy for an afternoon or invite him in after getting hired. Yes, the guy is shady as fuck but the top recruits in the area do go through him so swallow your fucking pride for a day instead of doing irreparable damage to your in-state recruiting
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

The narrative on DM and Discord are it's Jimmy's fault for poisoning the relationships with the local schools and 7v7 programs. That could be partially true but I don't think KDB should be blameless in this shit show. They had a chance to go suck off Tracy and Reggie before Lanning arrived in Eugene but instead they were throwing out hail mary offers to kids all over the country. I refuse to believe that if they had gotten all in on the local recruits that we'd be seeing this type of exodus. This is 3 years in a row where UW completely misses on the top in state talent.
    Agree. How difficult is it to go meet with the guy for an afternoon or invite him in after getting hired. Yes, the guy is shady as fuck but the top recruits in the area do go through him so swallow your fucking pride for a day instead of doing irreparable damage to your in-state recruiting
    I also wonder how much of it is due to DeBoer and his staff not making Washington a priority at FSU and having more solid connections in CA, TX, and AZ. I wonder if they had to do more research on WA kids, watching film and talking with coaches, before feeling comfortable with extending an offer. That and they probably already had a number of offers out to CA and TX kids who they already started working on while at FSU.

2024 class looks more normal right now with WA ahead of all other states besides CA.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

I also wonder how much of it is due to DeBoer and his staff not making Washington a priority at FSU and having more solid connections in CA, TX, and AZ. I wonder if they had to do more research on WA kids, watching film and talking with coaches, before feeling comfortable with extending an offer. That and they probably already had a number of offers out to CA and TX kids who they already started working on while at FSU.

2024 class looks more normal right now with WA ahead of all other states besides CA.
    What do you mean?
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Yeah they should have hired his brother or something to land these guys because that worked out so well.

I can’t wait to boo the kids.

Lanning didn't even have to do that. All he did to win Tracy over was stroke his ego by visiting FSP and taking him to Joey's. I don't think KDB wanted to kiss the ring and this is the result. If Nick Saban can do the electric slide, Harbaugh can climb a tree, and Brian Kelly can do whatever the fuck he does on that spinning platform then the least KDB can do is kiss Tracy's ass for 5 minutes a month so he doesn't hold a vendetta.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

The doog narrative on DM and Discord are it's Jimmy's fault for poisoning the relationships with the local schools and 7v7 programs. That could be partially true but I don't think KDB should be blameless in this shit show. They had a chance to go suck off Tracy and Reggie before Lanning arrived in Eugene but instead they were throwing out hail mary offers to kids all over the country. I refuse to believe that if they had gotten all in on the local recruits that we'd be seeing this type of exodus. This is 3 years in a row where UW completely misses on the top in state talent.
    It’s been an issue for 3 coaches now (Pete to the least extent) so at this point it’s likely more systemic than coach specific

That said the worst thing we could have done was hire/fire Thomas Ford … gives Tracy some built in ammo
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Guarantee DeBoer had limited connections at Fresno outside of California … it’s a big reason why the transition class sucked so much because he had nothing at Fresno that translated in recruiting to the P5 level
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Yeah they should have hired his brother or something to land these guys because that worked out so well.

I can’t wait to boo the kids.

Lanning didn't even have to do that. All he did to win Tracy over was stroke his ego by visiting FSP and taking him to Joey's. I don't think KDB wanted to kiss the ring and this is the result. If Nick Saban can do the electric slide, Harbaugh can climb a tree, and Brian Kelly can do whatever the fuck he does on that spinning platform then the least KDB can do is kiss Tracy's ass for 5 minutes a month so he doesn't hold a vendetta.
    Pretty sure the “vendetta” is deeper than kissing someone’s ass
  • Options
    TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 464
    Fuck Tracy. If And when UW wins it’ll change. Eventually kids will stop listening to it and I can’t understand why an adult male would waste that much time bad mouthing the local school. For whatever reason. Giant waste of time.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,078
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hmm, first time seeing this article. Kind of sheds some light on Heir.

https://archive.ph/lDbZE#selection-1405.33-1405.353

I think the focus of the programs has been helpful in getting kids noticed, and scholarships. That being said I think it's clear there are some huge ego's running these locations. The fact some of these kids lead with FSP or Heir on recruiting edits is interesting.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,078
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Also apparently Tracy Ford (FSP) and Reggie Jones (Heir) are cousins. Interesting.
  • Options

Hmm, first time seeing this article. Kind of sheds some light on Heir.

https://archive.ph/lDbZE#selection-1405.33-1405.353

I think the focus of the programs has been helpful in getting kids noticed, and scholarships. That being said I think it's clear there are some huge ego's running these locations. The fact some of these kids lead with FSP or Heir on recruiting edits is interesting.

Seeing that more and more … which is a really disturbing sign of how the “AAU world” has entrenched itself