Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Things may be looking up?

Comments

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,034
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    46XiJCAB said:

If Kiffin is not in the mix it’s because Mullins will not consider him. Mullins will end up hiring a safe pick. Wilcox, and we get middle of the road results.

Didn't Lane just sign a new contract anyway? Like literally 2 days ago?
    Standard Supporter
    46XiJCAB said:

ntxduck said:

Canzano knows nothing
    Exact opposite of Wilner’s tweet. And they’re buds.
    I'd rather see Deion than Cocks. One is at least taking a swing for the fence. If Justin hadn't played here he wouldn't be on the list, so he shouldn't be on the damn list.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dtd said:

46XiJCAB said:

If Kiffin is not in the mix it’s because Mullins will not consider him. Mullins will end up hiring a safe pick. Wilcox, and we get middle of the road results.

Sounds like it’s Oregon that has no interest. Either Wilner’s sources were crap today or Canzano’s are. Who knows. Wilner just retweeted Canzano and said no Lane Train. Nothing about his earlier sources.
    dtd said:

46XiJCAB said:

ntxduck said:

Canzano knows nothing
    Exact opposite of Wilner’s tweet. And they’re buds.
    I'd rather see Deion than Cocks. One is at least taking a swing for the fence. If Justin hadn't played here he wouldn't be on the list, so he shouldn't be on the damn list.
    There will be a power-5 that’ll take a shot at Deion. The big guys will wait to see what he does at a lesser, if he pulls it off, then he will be “the guy” everyone wants.
    Standard Supporter
    46XiJCAB said:

dtd said:

46XiJCAB said:

Sounds like it’s Oregon that has no interest. Either Wilner’s sources were crap today or Canzano’s are. Who knows. Wilner just retweeted Canzano and said no Lane Train. Nothing about his earlier sources.
    I think maybe they're not interested in matching what could be around 8 mil a year that he just got from the fat racists.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,604
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021
    trublue said:

chuck said:

trublue said:

There's a lot of fans in Eugene clamoring for Wilcox, but most of our fanbase wishes we went back to the Rich Brooks days. So fuck them.

SERIOUSLY?

They must not have been around during the Rich Brooks era.

It’s true and it’s puzzling
    People get terrified during coaching searches. Fans who are otherwise not totally retarded start looking at guys that they convince themselves have high floors and just haven't had the right opportunity to show their ceiling yet. Spending big or dipping down to a lower level is too scary.

Anyone with consistent blood flow to their brain knows that high floor is probably the worst thing to hire for. High floor gets you guys like Wilcox or Harsin who end up being difficult to get rid of when they inevitably fail to exceed their past results.
    What past results does Justin Wilcox have as a head coach?

Wilcox’s association with Sark and Tosh Lupoi and the shit Sark pulled to blow up Cal’s recruiting class is enough to keep Wilcox far away from the head coaching job at Oregon.

Sark and Wilcox were lucky that USC did zero vetting of Sark before hiring him.

Fuck Justin Wilcox . . .

Shut up. Learn to read. I was posting toward the regular duck fans, not the ones in the resource room.

I was referring to his HC record at Cal, and how he'd be unlikely to do much better than that.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2021
    26-28, Chuck, over 5 years at Cal.

Who, in their right mind, expects him to exceed his past results?

He wouldn’t even be considered if not for the legacy thing.

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,604
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

26-28, Chuck, over 5 years at Cal.

Who, in their right mind, expects him to exceed his past results?

He wouldn’t even be considered if not for the legacy thing.

Nobody in their right mind would, yet plenty of duck fans seem to think so. A couple of short weeks ago there were Husky fans doing the same, including one doofus on this site.

And that's the point, that nobody in their right mind would yet people do. That's why both of your replies to me are so stupid. Because you agree with me but don't seem to realize it.
    edited December 2021
    Well, you have a point. Mario Cristobal fit the description of a coach who the AD believed had a higher ceiling given the right circumstances.

Now that I think of it, this AD has hired Mark Helfrich, Willie Taggart and Mario Cristobal.

Damn, we’re screwed.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2021
    trublue said:

Well, you have a point. Mario Cristobal fit the description of a coach who the AD believed had a higher ceiling given the right circumstances.

Now that I think of it, this AD has hired Mark Helfrich, Willie Taggart and Mario Cristobal.

Damn, we’re screwed.

Don’t have a problem with them hiring MC, originally. He was the king of recruiting in the staff and the motherfucker won the 12 and a Rose in year two, even as I had doubts for most of 2019.

Had big problem with them trying to lock him up for 10 years at 8.5 per or whatever it was after nothing improved, at all, other than the roster.

Jesus, bullet dodged.
    edited December 2021
    MC was a great recruiter and had a number of great recruiters on his staff.

He was lucky Herbert was signed by Helfrich as a 3* after thought.

I hope he takes that damn Pistol offense with him to Miami.

• GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,338
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

trublue said:

Damn, we’re screwed.

Don’t have a problem with them hiring MC, originally. He was the king of recruiting in the staff and the motherfucker won the 12 and a Rose in year two, even as I had doubts for most of 2019.

Had big problem with them trying to lock him up for 10 years at 8.5 per or whatever it was after nothing improved, at all, other than the roster.

Jesus, bullet dodged.
    100%
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    This is crazy

Now I'm hearing that Oregon could be reaching out to Pete Carroll
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

This is crazy

Win win for Seattle fans who hate Oregon
    Yeah I'm in the same boat. Pete's got to be close to 70
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

This is crazy

Win win for Seattle fans who hate Oregon
    Yeah I'm in the same boat. Pete's got to be close to 70
    He’s balls deep into 70.

This is crazy

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO......................NO...........................................WTF is wrong with this AD?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,078
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pete might be the only coach to blow a college national championship game and a Super Bowl

I love Vince Young but that game should have been over by halftime
    Chip Halloween massacred Petey out of the Pac-12. I hate Seattle solely because he's the HC.
    Kiffin is out crootin', which means he's coming to Oregon. Mario.