Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Things may be looking up?

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    46XiJCAB said:

Thinking Harsin is a candidate and being told Kiffin is interested are not the same thing.

There is no reality where harsin is a candidate. If you’re that wrong right off the bat you have 0 sources aside from agents who are desperate to get their coaches out of a bad situation
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    46XiJCAB said:

Okay.

Ok! FTFY
  • Options
    After Aranda and Kiffin I’m in the no longer give a shit mode. No other name mentioned thus far will move the needle past where MC left it.

Hopefully Mullins ringing phone had some surprises. Otherwise my gut says Wilcox is the guy that the old money boosters are pushing for and they’ll win out.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,387
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

Thinking Harsin is a candidate and being told Kiffin is interested are not the same thing.

There is no reality where harsin is a candidate. If you’re that wrong right off the bat you have 0 sources aside from agents who are desperate to get their coaches out of a bad situation
    Harsin to UW was a thing too
  • Options
    edited December 2021

ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

Harsin to UW was a thing too
    Love to hire a coach then fire him 2 weeks later for not getting vaccinated.
  • Options
    Fit not right at Auburn. Did you see his face after the Bama 4 OT loss as he walked off the field?

He looked like a guy about to face a firing squad.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Welcome to coaching in the SEC . . .
  • Options
    There's a lot of fans in Eugene clamoring for Wilcox, but most of our fanbase wishes we went back to the Rich Brooks days. So fuck them.

SERIOUSLY?

They must not have been around during the Rich Brooks era.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    trublue said:

There's a lot of fans in Eugene clamoring for Wilcox, but most of our fanbase wishes we went back to the Rich Brooks days. So fuck them.

SERIOUSLY?

It’s true and it’s puzzling
  • Options

Canzano knows nothing
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

trublue said:

SERIOUSLY?

People get terrified during coaching searches. Fans who are otherwise not totally retarded start looking at guys that they convince themselves have high floors and just haven't had the right opportunity to show their ceiling yet. Spending big or dipping down to a lower level is too scary.

Anyone with consistent blood flow to their brain knows that high floor is probably the worst thing to hire for. High floor gets you guys like Wilcox or Harsin who end up being difficult to get rid of when they inevitably fail to exceed their past results.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2021
    I am already contemplating ritual suicide at the thought of Wilcocks. I hope I have the guts(HAHA) when the time comes. Anyone want to be my second? You get to cut my head off.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

Canzano knows nothing
    I don’t disagree other than media types don’t usually say something isn’t happening, more so they throw out rumors that can never be proven false for tha kilcks.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    dtd said:

I am already contemplating ritual suicide at the thought of Wilcocks. I hope I have the guts(HAHA) when the time comes. Anyone want to be my second? You get to cut my head off.

We should sacrifice Dj and Cheswick via ättestupa
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    chuck said:

trublue said:

SERIOUSLY?

People get terrified during coaching searches. Fans who are otherwise not totally retarded start looking at guys that they convince themselves have high floors and just haven't had the right opportunity to show their ceiling yet. Spending big or dipping down to a lower level is too scary.

Anyone with consistent blood flow to their brain knows that high floor is probably the worst thing to hire for. High floor gets you guys like Wilcox or Harsin who end up being difficult to get rid of when they inevitably fail to exceed their past results.

What past results does Justin Wilcox have as a head coach?

Wilcox’s association with Sark and Tosh Lupoi and the shit Sark pulled to blow up Cal’s recruiting class is enough to keep Wilcox far away from the head coaching job at Oregon.

Sark and Wilcox were lucky that USC did zero vetting of Sark before hiring him.

Fuck Justin Wilcox . . .

• Options
    ntxduck said:

Canzano knows nothing
    Exact opposite of Wilner’s tweet. And they’re buds.
  • Options
    If Kiffin is not in the mix it’s because Mullins will not consider him. Mullins will end up hiring a safe pick. Wilcox, and we get middle of the road results.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

dtd said:

We should sacrifice Dj and Cheswick via ättestupa
    omg I am so fucking hard right now. Keep going. I'm thinking Smith Rock? yeeeet