Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Things may be looking up?

Comments

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Kiffin would be a great hire for Oregon.

And completely uncharacteristic.

I don't see it happening.

I have doubts he’d come here anyway. Imagine him waking up on a cold, wet, February, Tuesday morning in Eugene.

He wouldn’t last a year and be on to the next one.
    OTOH Joey Freshwater enjoys waking up wet.

It's not over for Oregon!
    Maybe he’d spend his winter and spring “recruiting” down souf.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

I would agree except, I sense a little desperation here. Oregon only offered the raise to MC after getting Phil Knight's approval and his financial backing. They (Phil Knight) then pulled the offer after MC refused to immediately sign it. Phil Knight is more than likely hiring this next coach through Mullens. Phil doesn't have a lot of time left, and this roster is built to win now. Wilcox (yawn), Shitaki, and Chippy are not at the final table. I think it's Aranda and Kiffin, as I think Brady is going to be OC at Miami. With the $9 million Miami paid Oregon for MC (hahahahaha) Oregon has the money to go big. Aranda loves Baylor and money might not be enough to pull him away. Kiffin on the other hand, if paid enough would have his office packed, and would be in Eugene by dinner.
    I've worried about Oregon swinging their dicks around for a big tim hire a number of times in my adult life and it hasn't happened yet. This could be the tim.

Like I said it would be completely uncharacteristic.

EWIWBI
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I would agree except, I sense a little desperation here. Oregon only offered the raise to MC after getting Phil Knight's approval and his financial backing. They (Phil Knight) then pulled the offer after MC refused to immediately sign it. Phil Knight is more than likely hiring this next coach through Mullens. Phil doesn't have a lot of time left, and this roster is built to win now. Wilcox (yawn), Shitaki, and Chippy are not at the final table. I think it's Aranda and Kiffin, as I think Brady is going to be OC at Miami. With the $9 million Miami paid Oregon for MC (hahahahaha) Oregon has the money to go big. Aranda loves Baylor and money might not be enough to pull him away. Kiffin on the other hand, if paid enough would have his office packed, and would be in Eugene by dinner.
    I've worried about Oregon swinging their dicks around for a big tim hire a number of times in my adult life and it hasn't happened yet. This could be the tim.

Like I said it would be completely uncharacteristic.

EWIWBI
    It would very much be. However, college football has aged 20 years in the last 3 years. The entire landscape is different. If your program isn't evolving, then you're going to be what Miami and Nebraska have become. Miami looks like it's wanting to change that.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,384
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Oregon USC CCG would certainly be interesting. Might get to be on with the big kids on Saturday

49-45 type games. Which is OK now since the SEC does it. It's no longer bad defense its great offense

Just perusing twitter there is enough chatter to make me somewhat nervous that it could happen.
  • Options

The Oregon USC CCG would certainly be interesting. Might get to be on with the big kids on Saturday

49-45 type games. Which is OK now since the SEC does it. It's no longer bad defense its great offense

Just perusing twitter there is enough chatter to make me somewhat nervous that it could happen.

There would be a huge Oregon/USC rivalry for sure. The amount grease being thrown by Kiffin and Riley at each other would be entertaining to say the least.
  • Options

There would be a huge Oregon/USC rivalry for sure. The amount grease being thrown by Kiffin and Riley at each other would be entertaining to say the least.

• Options

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

This sounds like bargaining prior to Wilcox being hired.
  • Options

dnc said:

If Oregon hires Wilcox, I promise I will burn every Oregon item I have, I'll remove every channel that could remotely put an Oregon game on from my plan, and I'll leave this board to never return. That's how certain I am that Wilcox will not be hired.
    I’d rather DeBoe2 than Wilcox, rather easily. Haven’t seen a single fan anywhere online say Wilcox should be the guy, and you know what fucking STABILITY losers the fan base are. There’s no way the actual program hires him.

• Options

dnc said:

If Oregon hires Wilcox, I promise I will burn every Oregon item I have, I'll remove every channel that could remotely put an Oregon game on from my plan, and I'll leave this board to never return. That's how certain I am that Wilcox will not be hired.
    I’d rather DeBoe2 than Wilcox, rather easily. Haven’t seen a single fan anywhere online say Wilcox should be the guy, and you know what fucking STABILITY losers the fan base are. There’s no way the actual program hires him.

There's a lot of fans in Eugene clamoring for Wilcox, but most of our fanbase wishes we went back to the Rich Brooks days. So fuck them.
  • Options

dnc said:

There's a lot of fans in Eugene clamoring for Wilcox,
    Jesus.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

dnc said:

There's a lot of fans in Eugene clamoring for Wilcox,
    Jesus.
    His family lives in Junction City, so it's not surprising. People love the feel good story and most certainly love nostalgia. Anything that reminds them of when they were 25 years younger brings a smile to their faces. They care more about that than winning. It's pathetic but true. Ask Race, I'm sure he's always looked back and reminisced at the Spanish Inquisition.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    So Canzano says today that he knows Kiffin is interested but doesn’t believe Oregon is interested in him. If that’s the case we’re getting the build-up to the hiring of Wilcox.

If that happens I’m done with Duck football. F it, they’re not serious about the playoffs. Wilcox is the chick that starts looking better and better as closing time approaches.
  • Options
    Baylor fan highly confident that Aranda has ZERO interest in Oregon. He turned down LSU, USC, Washington.......The Big-12 is still a great conference.

He loves Baylor and who wouldn’t. Waco is a great place to live. Oregon has nothing to offer but PK. Step down. I’m glad it’s not just Oregon fans that are delusional.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    46XiJCAB said:

So Canzano says today that he knows Kiffin is interested but doesn’t believe Oregon is interested in him. If that’s the case we’re getting the build-up to the hiring of Wilcox.

If that happens I’m done with Duck football. F it, they’re not serious about the playoffs. Wilcox is the chick that starts looking better and better as closing time approaches.

Canzano doesn’t have any sources. He thinks harsin is a candidate
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    There doesn't seem to be nearly the amount of shit talking like yesterday and the day before. I wonder if a lot of other people here think Oregon might actually not fuck this up.
  • Options
    Thinking Harsin is a candidate and being told Kiffin is interested are not the same thing.
  • Options
    Oregon will F this up until they don’t.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB said:

Oregon will F this up until they don’t.

I have my hopes up