Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What was you worst / most embarrassing sports moment

Comments

• Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Playing rugby for UW. I wasn't very good. During a ruck, I picked up the ball and proceeded to jump/dive over the pile out of bounds. The team made fun of me for weeks.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lost to Sterling Hinds in the 60 meter at Hec Ed.
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

My entire youth sports (below high school) was a long running embarrassment yet with nothing remarkable. My fat ugly nipples in middle school track tank tops might have been one of the worst. Wrestling in 2nd & 3rd grade was moving from one mat of degradation to another.

Senior year of football in a first round playoff game, against another small town school that took football very seriously and traveled well. I wore old school knee braces that had these hanger straps that ran up the inside of the pants and hooked on the belt. Damn things were constantly coming undone. In this case, the braces became terribly tangled up and I could barely move because they slid down so far. I came off field following an offensive series, went to far side of bench, and without thinking much dropped trow to fix the situation as quick as I could. I gradually become aware of a commotion behind me, and turn around to see that I'm directly in front of the visitors section and am being heckled by the cheerleaders, students, and parents. Good tims.

• Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    When i was a kid (11 or so) i wore a husky vest and a coog hat at a South Kitsap high school football game.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,607
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I was playing in center field in baseball and ran up hard on a short pop fly. Missed it and it broke my nose.

I picked the ball up and threw it home all bloody and the catcher tried to get the guy out then dropped the ball because it was covered in blood then another guy scored lol
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

My entire youth sports (below high school) was a long running embarrassment yet with nothing remarkable. My fat ugly nipples in middle school track tank tops might have been one of the worst. Wrestling in 2nd & 3rd grade was moving from one mat of degradation to another.

Senior year of football in a first round playoff game, against another small town school that took football very seriously and traveled well. I wore old school knee braces that had these hanger straps that ran up the inside of the pants and hooked on the belt. Damn things were constantly coming undone. In this case, the braces became terribly tangled up and I could barely move because they slid down so far. I came off field following an offensive series, went to far side of bench, and without thinking much dropped trow to fix the situation as quick as I could. I gradually become aware of a commotion behind me, and turn around to see that I'm directly in front of the visitors section and am being heckled by the cheerleaders, students, and parents. Good tims.

Underwear too clean, otherwise, just like that.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Senior year we were getting our asses kicked in our rivalry game at the other team's place. We had destroyed them 3 years prior and I had talked a lot of shit to their receivers and knew I was going to have to take it this year. But then we came all the way back and beat them in overtime and I laughed.

Reads more like a humble brag than worst sports moment.
  • Options

haie said:

Senior year we were getting our asses kicked in our rivalry game at the other team's place. We had destroyed them 3 years prior and I had talked a lot of shit to their receivers and knew I was going to have to take it this year. But then we came all the way back and beat them in overtime and I laughed.

Reads more like a humble brag than worst sports moment.
    Wasn't really that humble, either
  • Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2021
    Motown said:

I also had diarrhea after a big win

So even when you won, you lost.