Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Offseason Natty Thread: Portals, Assistant Coaches, Leopard Jackets, etc.

Comments

• Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

That would be a big hire. Damn. Don't let him leave.

Please tell us that he's a lock for ND.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

Kim says the Purdue WRs coach is in town for an interview. He also is being pursued by ND and he's an Indiana native so don't get your hopes up.

He spent a year in Pullman. Maybe he just wants to get the hell out of Indiana.
    Sure but after getting excited about Donte and Orlondo and having those flame out I'm just going to assume DeBoner will whiff and settle for another Mountain West loser.
    Those two guys were never in the picture. Call them a whiff if you want but those were nothing but rumors. He was never given the go ahead to make big dick, big $$ staff moves. Thats obvious. The imaginary money supposedly offered to Campbell probably never existed. All on the cheap.
    Disagree. Sonics said they were both offered along with Jamar Cain for DL coach.
  • Options
    DawgtillDeathDawgtillDeath Member Posts: 152
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    chuck said:

Kim says the Purdue WRs coach is in town for an interview. He also is being pursued by ND and he's an Indiana native so don't get your hopes up.

Sure but after getting excited about Donte and Orlondo and having those flame out I'm just going to assume DeBoner will whiff and settle for another Mountain West loser.
    Those two guys were never in the picture. Call them a whiff if you want but those were nothing but rumors. He was never given the go ahead to make big dick, big $$ staff moves. Thats obvious. The imaginary money supposedly offered to Campbell probably never existed. All on the cheap.
    The salary numbers have been released and the "cheap" rumors turned out to be total bullshit.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

Disagree. Sonics said they were both offered along with Jamar Cain for DL coach.
    at least it sounds like the deboer regime is serious. Going to take some success at the p5 level Deboner to attract those guys. Good to hear
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Fleens says on the Discord that his source said Sheppard is a done deal and this trip is more of a meet and greet. This feels like the "Campbell is in the bag" talk all over again.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

2016 Azeem is probably my favorite UW player in last 20 years.

Yeah, he was a good player but he seems to get stroked a lot for a guy that didn't accomplish that much.
    RealRhino said:

theLSkid said:

Fitting that Ford is the only one to thank Jimmy on his way out. Useless fuckheads have to stick together you know.
    Thomas is a good dude. Tracy is sketchy but Thomas is good people.
    So he analyzed the worst offense in Apple Cup history? What was his analysis?
    Come on, he was hired to get FSP kids
    It's impossible when Jimfraud is your HC but I agree.
    If you're good and you're building those relationships -- as he and his brother and their sycophants have argued is so important -- then it shouldn't really matter that Lake was the HC. And until this year, nobody really knew Lake would flame out as HC.

This is what kills me about all these guys on Twitter begging DeBoner and whoever else would listen to keep Ford because his connections, particularly in-state, are so vital: how's that working out for ya? What the fuck did it ever get us except Tracy pimping USC and Ohio State?!? Show me the results.
    Drove down Ahmed's draft stock with a great workout routine? These guys are dipshits.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,126
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

McMillan to Oregon. Get these soft fags out of here please.

Are you ever right?
    He’s won awards for being wrong. Big catch 22
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,126
    Founders Club

Scott Woodward hires Brian Kelly and also moonlights as a WR coach in Kentucky. Didn’t think the guy worked this hard
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

The salary numbers have been released and the "cheap" rumors turned out to be total bullshit.
    They're cheap. UW didn't target any of what people call home run hires that top programs are after other than a recruiting consultant.

Don't get me wrong I know the guys that were hired are being well paid relative to their resumes. They might be really good too. I just don't buy into the "info", even from sonics, saying that UW was ready to spend like a blue blood.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Where’s Adams?
    Only 1 Pac 12 coach on the entire list and it's the USC guy who their fans universally hated
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    BigGameBoomer is just some random dude on Twitter shitposting. The number of people on Twitter who don’t realize that is mindboggling.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Sounds like we fucked up the Shep hire, he left and is going to sign a contract at Notre Dame.