Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Watch this and you will understand

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Consistent winners in big time basketball are dirty. Real dirty. uw boosters only seem to care about football. It's easy to be good at basketball as you really only need a few at one time to dominate. If our fan base cared more we would be good. They don't so we aren't that good. With a better coach we could be a little better but the top recruits 9/10 times are going to zona and ucla or out of conference.

Someone finally gets it.

Ever spend time in Tucson? The local sports page is all about UA basketball. Even during football season, basketball still gets a fair amount of coverage. It's what they are about and what they spend their time, money and attention on. Just as the Big East did. They made a decision..
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    For you Fucktards/doogs that think UW just needs the right coach to be a basketball as well as a football school, you will be waiting a very very long time. I think the clock is getting close to 100 years of being irrelevant on the national level...I'm sure it's about to turn around,,,just.get.the.right.coach.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Consistent winners in big time basketball are dirty. Real dirty. uw boosters only seem to care about football. It's easy to be good at basketball as you really only need a few at one time to dominate. If our fan base cared more we would be good. They don't so we aren't that good. With a better coach we could be a little better but the top recruits 9/10 times are going to zona and ucla or out of conference.

Someone finally gets it.

Ever spend time in Tucson? The local sports page is all about UA basketball. Even during football season, basketball still gets a fair amount of coverage. It's what they are about and what they spend their time, money and attention on. Just as the Big East did. They made a decision..
    I wasn't around during that time but they did have that much attention towards basketball prior to Olson's arrival? They are into basketball now because Olson built them into a basketball powerhouse which they weren't before.

Prior to his arrival it's not like they had hidden advantages like location or tradition either.

If UW were to hire a young Lute Olson or John Calipari or Jim Boeheim do you really believe UW wouldn't be a basketball power either?
  • Options

For you Fucktards/doogs that think UW just needs the right coach to be a basketball as well as a football school, you will be waiting a very very long time. I think the clock is getting close to 100 years of being irrelevant on the national level...I'm sure it's about to turn around,,,just.get.the.right.coach.

With the right coach this past decade they could have. Having a player like a Brandon Roy until his senior year is very rare. I'm sure there are a number of coaches who could have turned a Brandon Roy squad into a FF team.

To have three years of Isaiah Thomas while having Brockman for a year, Pondexter for two, Ross/Wilcox was on the third I'm sure there a number of coaches who could have produced better than only one sweet 16.

To have Ross/Wroten/Wilcox on a team and not make the NCAA's at all same with the Brockman/Hawes/Pondexter team I'm sure a number of better coaches could have produced more from that.

In the past decade UW is actually up there in producing NBA players so they've had the talent just haven't had the coach to get them through.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Romar is in the Ty Willingham phase of coaching -early retirement! 16 hour days are LONG GONE in Romar ' s world. Fire that worthless fuck and get a young motivated head coach who strives to be a champion. Otherwise .500 basketball will be the norm around Montlake.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Romar is in the Ty Willingham phase of coaching -early retirement! 16 hour days are LONG GONE in Romar ' s world. Fire that worthless fuck and get a young motivated head coach who strives to be a champion. Otherwise .500 basketball will be the norm around Montlake.

You enjoy getting high and rambling worthless shit... amiright?
  • Options

We all know the real reason why you want Romar gone. You have proven to like crappy coaches before but all of a sudden you want Romar gone? Hmmmmmmm
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Florida, Ohio State, Wisconsin over the past 20 years, Michigan, Texas, UCLA and Oklahoma to a degree. Michigan St lately

Those are all examples of schools that are good in both sports. I don't expect Washington to make a F 4 every year or even every other year, but someone brought up Wisconsin. They are very consistent, and have made a few Final Fours. I don't get why Washington can't be up at that level. It's not like any school north of UCLA has a basketball tradition or some kind of stranglehold on talent.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

With the right coach this past decade they could have. Having a player like a Brandon Roy until his senior year is very rare. I'm sure there are a number of coaches who could have turned a Brandon Roy squad into a FF team.

To have three years of Isaiah Thomas while having Brockman for a year, Pondexter for two, Ross/Wilcox was on the third I'm sure there a number of coaches who could have produced better than only one sweet 16.

To have Ross/Wroten/Wilcox on a team and not make the NCAA's at all same with the Brockman/Hawes/Pondexter team I'm sure a number of better coaches could have produced more from that.

In the past decade UW is actually up there in producing NBA players so they've had the talent just haven't had the coach to get them through.
    Coulda. 100 years and just waiting for the right coach.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Florida, Ohio State, Wisconsin over the past 20 years, Michigan, Texas, UCLA and Oklahoma to a degree. Michigan St lately

Those are all examples of schools that are good in both sports. I don't expect Washington to make a F 4 every year or even every other year, but someone brought up Wisconsin. They are very consistent, and have made a few Final Fours. I don't get why Washington can't be up at that level. It's not like any school north of UCLA has a basketball tradition or some kind of stranglehold on talent.
    Make the final four every year? Or every other year? How about ever. Just once. Or maybe the fi al eight. Just once. I told you why Washington hasn't and won't be at that level. Think man. Or maybe with the right coach.....lol
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Florida was a shit program until they started caring about basketball.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Gators_men's_basketball

Fixed.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Hiring a guy with two years of HC experience at Marshall screams caring about basketball:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Donovan

When did you turn into such a fucking Doog anyway?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

We all know the real reason why you want Romar gone. You have proven to like crappy coaches before but all of a sudden you want Romar gone? Hmmmmmmm
    PLSS hates mustaches?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hiring a guy with two years of HC experience at Marshall screams caring about basketball:

Doogs and moorainers have a lot in common when it comes to is basketball and the Mariners. Hope is a great strategy. 95 years and no end in sight. But I'm sure with just the right coach.....
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I've always been a doog.

HTH
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Florida was a shit program until they hired the right coach:

The best example IMO. Nobody will care about basketball until we start winning.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Florida was a shit program until they hired the right coach:

The best example IMO. Nobody will care about basketball until we start winning.
    Hopefully we get the right coach. 1920-2014 hasn't seen it it, but I'm sure it's about to happen.

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    The best BB coach at a football school wins more than he loses, is generally likable by alumni and the community and doesn't poison the well for the football program.

Romar is the perfect coach for Washington.