Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DeBoer HC/Tedford OC

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,527
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

digits said:

FSDogs1 said:

FSDogs1 said:

FSDogs1 said:

FSDogs1 said:

This is what the twatterverse tea leaves are saying.

Fresno fan here. Don't want to rule this out, but it doesn't look ideal on the surface. I guess it all depends on Tedford's health situation.

For DeBoer, he's had success but has a relatively thin resume for a good P5 school. If the fans turn on him, won't there be pressure to hand the keys to Tedford?
    No, hopefully we would fire both and get a new coach. Eventually we would get a new one. It’s all a gamble. Campbell would be a gamble too and a more costly one if it didn’t work out.
    Sounds healthy. lol.
    What are your thoughts on him and the current staff he has?
    DeBoer? I'm not an expert, but he's had continued success at every level he's coached at. Just look Indiana's drop off this year. Big question mark is recruiting. It's just very different at the P5 level and he hasn't had time to prove he can recruit and develop talent at Fresno, IMO. That's not to say he can't.

He's 9-3, but most Fresno fans would be reminded that Tim DeRuyter was 9-4 in his first season here before things gradually fell apart (bad recruiter, couldn't develop talent; e.g. ignored Josh Allen when he was desperate to play for Fresno).

I just know Tedford was pretty much loved by the team, and I think he was a big draw for the kids that committed over PAC offers.

There are certain coaches on the staff the fans would want to keep. Proven, dependable coaches and those seen to have big upside (Kirby Moore). His OC is seen as solid, but his play calling has been questioned at times. Most fans would be content to see him go.
    That last line is what scares me the most. I have heard most Fresno State fans not be bothered by losing him and are surprised that Washington is even going after him.
    Yep, not a huge fan myself. I think the system is good, Haener has developed into a very good QB, but the play calling has been criticized at times. I don't think he's ready to be your OC.
    Reminds me when USC hired Sark and we all laughed. They all hyped up him being an offensive genius and we saw how that played out.
    WTF? Where are you seeing that Fresno fans want him gone and why would they? He's improved their program both as an offensive coordinator and HC. Everything I've read is their fans are bummed, but understand he's most likely gone because he's a good coach.
    247 Fresno Board. A lot of them believed he wasn't even a candidate for the job because they thought Washington would get someone better.
    Who was your #2 choice after Campbell?
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Two assistants on his staff have UW ties: JD Williams and Kirby Moore. No go on JD, he was here during the Ty years. I'd think he'd bring Moore with him though.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

Our fanbase is so mentally fucked from watching a staff that refused to recruit.

Wake the fuck up. Bone isn't going to tell everyone he wants to just develop walk-ons. Fuck off with this shit.

His skill guys at Fresno would be right near the top of the PAC 12. If he can compete with Oregon and UCLA at Fresno, he can at UW. I’m sure he’s aware that he needs to recruit.
    Guys he inherited?
    Who the fuck cares? You own us. Jen just basically asked you to fuck us even more.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

haie said:

haie said:

I have all the screen shots I need

Looks like you're outnumbered on this one

I often am. Then I always turn out right.
    According to you, when a handful of people have a different opinion than yourself, you're supposed to fold like a lawn chair and follow along.
    That’s because I’m always right.

The dooging here over deboner is nauseating. Don’t you people learn? Ever. USC goes big. We fuck around in the shallow end of the pool. But deboner “gets it” or some shit. Up and cummmer He made Heaner good!

This site and the HHB was founded on calling out this type of bullshit. He is fucking 7-5 and didn’t even win his shitty conference. What the fuck?
    He's 9-3 with a hard schedule for his conference and missed out on the champ game by 1 win to San Diego State.

Who he beat by 10. Tied for best record in the other division. I don't watch MW but I assume SDSU is beating whoever came out of that.

Point taken though, he didn't dominate and they had 4-5 contenders this year.

He lost to Todd Graham but we're all used to that already
    Everything I said is true. July 5th is not what I’m looking for. If you have to explain the record at all, it’s not excellence. We should settle for nothing but excellence. But WeAreAFatLesboSchool…sooo…. Yeah.
    Then you don't want Campbell, Day, and a lot of other big names either. Harbaugh was a failure until yesterday.

Break the bank for Dabo? I'm not into any ACC staff.

Aranda and anyone else that wants to stay in the big 12 is a loooser.
    If they hire deboner they are hiring a 7-5 coach out of the mountain west. That fact won’t change.
    Literally not a fact. He is 9-3.

But still...
    Whatever. Can’t win his league and lost to Hawaii. ‘nuff said on that.
  • Options

digits said:

Is Oklahoma taking to deboner? That’s what I thought.

If you think UW is currently in the same realm as Oklahoma, then I can't help you.
    Thanks for summarizing the fucking problem. We are always in the “who would come here” bullishit to justify crap hires. Open the wallet. Demand excellence. Or shut the fuck up. Perennially mediocre is what we are and will always be. Yet we have fantasies of 1991. That was fucking 30 years ago. Christ. Bunch of doog losers. Same as it ever was.

Uw was in the college playoff in 2018. But can’t expect to compete with Oklahoma or usc for a top tier proven coach. Fuck off
    I love you.
  • Options

Mad_Son said:

haie said:

haie said:

According to you, when a handful of people have a different opinion than yourself, you're supposed to fold like a lawn chair and follow along.

The dooging here over deboner is nauseating. Don’t you people learn? Ever. USC goes big. We fuck around in the shallow end of the pool. But deboner “gets it” or some shit. Up and cummmer He made Heaner good!

This site and the HHB was founded on calling out this type of bullshit. He is fucking 7-5 and didn’t even win his shitty conference. What the fuck?
    He's 9-3 with a hard schedule for his conference and missed out on the champ game by 1 win to San Diego State.

Who he beat by 10. Tied for best record in the other division. I don't watch MW but I assume SDSU is beating whoever came out of that.

Everything I said is true. July 5th is not what I’m looking for. If you have to explain the record at all, it’s not excellence. We should settle for nothing but excellence. But WeAreAFatLesboSchool…sooo…. Yeah.
    Then you don't want Campbell, Day, and a lot of other big names either. Harbaugh was a failure until yesterday.

If they hire deboner they are hiring a 7-5 coach out of the mountain west. That fact won’t change.

But still...
    HE GOT SKULL DRAGGED BY A GUY THAT CANT READ AND ANDY FUCKING AVALOS LMAO
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

digits said:

If you think UW is currently in the same realm as Oklahoma, then I can't help you.
    Thanks for summarizing the fucking problem. We are always in the “who would come here” bullishit to justify crap hires. Open the wallet. Demand excellence. Or shut the fuck up. Perennially mediocre is what we are and will always be. Yet we have fantasies of 1991. That was fucking 30 years ago. Christ. Bunch of doog losers. Same as it ever was.

Uw was in the college playoff in 2018. But can’t expect to compete with Oklahoma or usc for a top tier proven coach. Fuck off
    You're welcome.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    @Swaye This is where I am...If you coach at lower levels and win, you move up the food chain. At some point, everyone plateaus, most flame out before they get to the top, or a chance at the top. I can tell you this, he wasn't dealing with "star ratings" in NAIA, he was building culture and coaching his ass off every day, with a bunch of guys that were told they couldn't play. Similar to Fresno, he is coaching a bunch of guys that either were bounce backs, tweeners, or never-was-es, and that takes culture to be successful. Work ethic is not in question, for me.

At the same time, it is different coaching Thorobreds, as opposed to plow horses...I feel good about it, hope he can adjust, and realize that EWIWBI...
  • Options
    Here ya go Oregon and USC, we'll just lay down and let you fuck us in the ass again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.
  • Options
    MotownMotown Member Posts: 144
    Why do you use a hiring firm to get this guy? This was the lowest of hanging fruits. Seems like jimmy lake recruiting tactics. Jen Cohen "coaches are fickle, we want people that want to be dawgs" we got the three stariest of all coaches available. The same line is used for three star recruits got to give him time to develop into something good. But if you are getting recruited by uw why wouldn't you say yes.

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

@sonics1993 I don’t know even the ins and outs of the program like you do. It’s not even close. I know next to nothing about anything inside the program. I am fully aware how important recruiting is, but it’s not the end all be all like you believe.

Totally agree it's not everything, but I have seen how these Mountain West coaches operate when they get to the Pac-12, and they try to do the same thing they did in the mountain west, which is why most fail. I'm being an asshole and should LIPO. His staff hirings should tell me a lot, but I was hoping for a more proven coach to be hired. To me, this is just as big of a gamble as hiring Jimmy.
    You see it in College hoops all the time. They recruit the same players.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    digits said:

We Can't University
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,094
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

haie said:

haie said:

But still...
    HE GOT SKULL DRAGGED BY A GUY THAT CANT READ AND ANDY FUCKING AVALOS LMAO
    Petersen lost to Ty and Sark
    Petersen was a quitter and a loser hth
    Yeah, so those things happened prior to 2018. Back then Petersen was a winner.

Good coaches and teams lose games sometimes. Look at the body of work. Your earlier gripes were at least somewhat rationale.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

digits said:

We Can't University
    its hard
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Make saban say no potd.
    I heard Saban called but Jen’s phone was on silent… don’t twist
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

@backthepack gets it.

We hired a fucking coach who got skull dragged by Todd Graham and Andy Avalos.
    You want a coach who went 2-6 in conference with a team that won a NY6 last year and returned 20 starters.
    No