Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DeBoer HC/Tedford OC

Comments

• Options
    FSDogs1FSDogs1 Member Posts: 33
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

FSDogs1 said:

haie said:

FSDogs1 said:

FSDogs1 said:

FSDogs1 said:

This is what the twatterverse tea leaves are saying.

Fresno fan here. Don't want to rule this out, but it doesn't look ideal on the surface. I guess it all depends on Tedford's health situation.

For DeBoer, he's had success but has a relatively thin resume for a good P5 school. If the fans turn on him, won't there be pressure to hand the keys to Tedford?
    No, hopefully we would fire both and get a new coach. Eventually we would get a new one. It’s all a gamble. Campbell would be a gamble too and a more costly one if it didn’t work out.
    Sounds healthy. lol.
    What are your thoughts on him and the current staff he has?
    DeBoer? I'm not an expert, but he's had continued success at every level he's coached at. Just look Indiana's drop off this year. Big question mark is recruiting. It's just very different at the P5 level and he hasn't had time to prove he can recruit and develop talent at Fresno, IMO. That's not to say he can't.

He's 9-3, but most Fresno fans would be reminded that Tim DeRuyter was 9-4 in his first season here before things gradually fell apart (bad recruiter, couldn't develop talent; e.g. ignored Josh Allen when he was desperate to play for Fresno).

I just know Tedford was pretty much loved by the team, and I think he was a big draw for the kids that committed over PAC offers.

There are certain coaches on the staff the fans would want to keep. Proven, dependable coaches and those seen to have big upside (Kirby Moore). His OC is seen as solid, but his play calling has been questioned at times. Most fans would be content to see him go.
    That last line is what scares me the most. I have heard most Fresno State fans not be bothered by losing him and are surprised that Washington is even going after him.
    I guess fresneck doesn't like beating UCLA and hanging with a team headed to Vegas then.
    Fresneck beats historically bad UCLA pretty consistently.
    As long as we remain a G5 team with G5 resources, I will take repeated wins away against the PAC.

You guys should schedule us again. Would be a nice story when you hire DeBoer.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    FSDogs1 said:
    My guess is then Kalen DeBoer to UW, Ryan Grubb to Fresno State HC, and Tedford to Fresno State OC.

Not sure who DeBoer would hire as OC then.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

So his staff will include a 60-year-old coach with health problems who won't recruit. And I'm sure he will be given a salary of 800k-1 million. Ugh

We don’t need the OC to be our best recruiter. Pump up Aaron Rodgers to these kids. I’m not worried about DeBoer or Tedford being able to recruit quality QB’s.
    he made haener way fucking better than we did
    The bar was low
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2021
    digits said:

FSDogs1 said:

FSDogs1 said:

FSDogs1 said:

FSDogs1 said:

Fresno fan here. Don't want to rule this out, but it doesn't look ideal on the surface. I guess it all depends on Tedford's health situation.

For DeBoer, he's had success but has a relatively thin resume for a good P5 school. If the fans turn on him, won't there be pressure to hand the keys to Tedford?
    No, hopefully we would fire both and get a new coach. Eventually we would get a new one. It’s all a gamble. Campbell would be a gamble too and a more costly one if it didn’t work out.
    Sounds healthy. lol.
    DeBoer? I'm not an expert, but he's had continued success at every level he's coached at. Just look Indiana's drop off this year. Big question mark is recruiting. It's just very different at the P5 level and he hasn't had time to prove he can recruit and develop talent at Fresno, IMO. That's not to say he can't.

He's 9-3, but most Fresno fans would be reminded that Tim DeRuyter was 9-4 in his first season here before things gradually fell apart (bad recruiter, couldn't develop talent; e.g. ignored Josh Allen when he was desperate to play for Fresno).

I just know Tedford was pretty much loved by the team, and I think he was a big draw for the kids that committed over PAC offers.

There are certain coaches on the staff the fans would want to keep. Proven, dependable coaches and those seen to have big upside (Kirby Moore). His OC is seen as solid, but his play calling has been questioned at times. Most fans would be content to see him go.
    That last line is what scares me the most. I have heard most Fresno State fans not be bothered by losing him and are surprised that Washington is even going after him.
    Yep, not a huge fan myself. I think the system is good, Haener has developed into a very good QB, but the play calling has been criticized at times. I don't think he's ready to be your OC.
    Reminds me when USC hired Sark and we all laughed. They all hyped up him being an offensive genius and we saw how that played out.
    WTF? Where are you seeing that Fresno fans want him gone and why would they? He's improved their program both as an offensive coordinator and HC. Everything I've read is their fans are bummed, but understand he's most likely gone because he's a good coach.
    247 Fresno Board. A lot of them believed he wasn't even a candidate for the job because they thought Washington would get someone better.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,261
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I hate almost everyone we hire. I don't hate DeBoner. In fact, I've coined the term DeBoner Donor to show my affection for him. It makes no sense, and I have nothing to base this off of, but I just think he is going to be good.

I like guys who win at every level they participate in, and he has. I used to be in a squadron with tons of high performers. I mean elite performers. The one consistent thing about top flight aviators is that they were good at everything their entire life. They won to get a scholarship, then won to get to flight school, they won again to select jets, then they won again to actually get their wings. My life experience is that high performing winners typically keep winning whether it's running companies, coaching football, or landing on aircraft carriers. Winners win. That's been the HHB motto for like 2 decades.

Kalen DeBoner: 79-9

I'll take my chances. If he sucks we will know in 2-3 years and we can shitcan him and try again.

ATBS, I'll probably hate him by spring ball. Such is the mystery of the spirits.

You are bringing me around but atbs I hate him until I don't.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    FSDogs1 said:

haie said:

FSDogs1 said:

haie said:

FSDogs1 said:

FSDogs1 said:

FSDogs1 said:

Sounds healthy. lol.

I guess fresneck doesn't like beating UCLA and hanging with a team headed to Vegas then.
    Fresneck beats historically bad UCLA pretty consistently.
    As long as we remain a G5 team with G5 resources, I will take repeated wins away against the PAC.

You guys should schedule us again. Would be a nice story when you hire DeBoer.
    I'd prefer it if the Pac would stop scheduling the mountain west since it's already bad enough having Utah as a member.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

FSDogs1 said:
    My guess is then Kalen DeBoer to UW, Ryan Grubb to Fresno State HC, and Tedford to Fresno State OC.

Hope not, everything I've read says bringing Ryan Grubb with him is imperative.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2021

digits said:

FSDogs1 said:

FSDogs1 said:

FSDogs1 said:

FSDogs1 said:

Sounds healthy. lol.

Yep, not a huge fan myself. I think the system is good, Haener has developed into a very good QB, but the play calling has been criticized at times. I don't think he's ready to be your OC.
    Reminds me when USC hired Sark and we all laughed. They all hyped up him being an offensive genius and we saw how that played out.
    WTF? Where are you seeing that Fresno fans want him gone and why would they? He's improved their program both as an offensive coordinator and HC. Everything I've read is their fans are bummed, but understand he's most likely gone because he's a good coach.
    247 Fresno Board. A lot of them believed he wasn't even a candidate for the job because they thought Washington would get someone better.
    I read this as their fans *not* being happy their coach is leaving them (somewhat similar to UW fan's take on Petersen).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    Standard Supporter
    I'm interested to see who he gets as a DC. I'm prepared to be disappointed though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    TheHB said:

If UW had Haener-level QB play, it’s probably playing Utah this week.

That would also require linemen who can block and receivers who can catch. Which was as much of a problem as the QB play.
  • Options
    digits said:

HFNY said:

FSDogs1 said:

Hope not, everything I've read says bringing Ryan Grubb with him is imperative.
    Flip Tedford and Grubb. I think that's possible.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021

I have all the screen shots I need

Looks like you're outnumbered on this one

I often am. Then I always turn out right.
    According to you, when a handful of people have a different opinion than yourself, you're supposed to fold like a lawn chair and follow along.
    That’s because I’m always right.

The dooging here over deboner is nauseating. Don’t you people learn? Ever. USC goes big. We fuck around in the shallow end of the pool. But deboner “gets it” or some shit. Up and cummmer He made Heaner good!

This site and the HHB was founded on calling out this type of bullshit. He is fucking 7-5 and didn’t even win his shitty conference. What the fuck?
    UW went cheap

Fans are banking on assistant coaches

USC rubbed their balls in our face

15 years of work here wasted
    I was banned on doogman for the same take I had on sark. Fuck all of you except Race and BTP..

Tedford! Fuck off. JFC
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,808
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021

TheHB said:

If UW had Haener-level QB play, it’s probably playing Utah this week.

That would also require linemen who can block and receivers who can catch. Which was as much of a problem as the QB play.
    Implementing better blocking schemes and routes won't fix everything, but should go a long way to helping with that. Even Montana was getting penetration / had our guys blanketed.
  • Options
    HFNY said:

digits said:

FSDogs1 said:

FSDogs1 said:

FSDogs1 said:

FSDogs1 said:

Sounds healthy. lol.

I read this as their fans *not* being happy their coach is leaving them (somewhat similar to UW fan's take on Petersen).
    It's combo of being "big timed" and fans loving Tedford. 40/60.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

@backthepack gets it.

We hired a fucking coach who got skull dragged by Todd Graham and Andy Avalos.