Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Don't get in the foxhole with Cyler Miles

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

They were looking for trouble. That's the disappointing part. Frat boys can be are usually idiots, but why ask for it? If some drunken idiot came to their apartment and said, "In your face! Seahawks!!" then he's asking for it and deserves a sucker punch.

this. anyone who just walks down the street and starts harassing a dude and his girlfriend is a complete shit head. anyone who gets pissed over the outcome of a sporting event, to the point of throwing punches, is a shit head.

Cyler Myles and Demorea'reae'rea Stringfellow are shit heads, I don't care if Roaddoog's dad and frat bro's enjoyed getting gangbanged by football players back in the day. Normal people dont.
    The point wasn't that they liked getting beat up. Nobody likes getting their ass kicked. It sucks. They might enjoy the stories now, but I doubt they were pumped about a football player whooping their asses. The point was that the kid was fine. If he got his jaw broke and had to drink from a straw from a straw for six weeks, then yeah, String deserves the punishment. I've been sucker punched at a bar before for no reason but a mistaken identity. I didn't go to the cops and press charges because of a black eye. Life goes on.

He deserves punishment if he threw a punch. You know, because that's like, assault?

You should have pressed charges on the guy who sucker punched you in the bar. I guess you hate settling out of court for an easy 2 grand.
    Not worth it. I was fine. It really wasn't that big of deal. The guy got stomped out by the homies and life went on.
    What bar do you go to? I've never been in an altercation ever in my life at a bar and have never had "homies" who stomp people out either.

Is this down in L.A.? If so I'm not at all surprised. If this was up here curious where at?
    I mean I've been in more fights than I can remember and that's just hanging out with West Seattle people. I grew up on Mercer Island so I know there is a world where people don't really get into fights but that other world isn't far away.
    Never been in a bar fight. Seen some bar fights but have never taken part of one myself.

As dumb as this sounds, I might recommend it. Once you are past your early 20's though, it becomes really corny. It's corny before then too, but most young dumb guys aren't evolved enough to realize it. Those days are long gone for me, but it's kind of thrilling and exciting. They make for some good stories to reminisce about as well.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

They were looking for trouble. That's the disappointing part. Frat boys can be are usually idiots, but why ask for it? If some drunken idiot came to their apartment and said, "In your face! Seahawks!!" then he's asking for it and deserves a sucker punch.

this. anyone who just walks down the street and starts harassing a dude and his girlfriend is a complete shit head. anyone who gets pissed over the outcome of a sporting event, to the point of throwing punches, is a shit head.

Cyler Myles and Demorea'reae'rea Stringfellow are shit heads, I don't care if Roaddoog's dad and frat bro's enjoyed getting gangbanged by football players back in the day. Normal people dont.
    The point wasn't that they liked getting beat up. Nobody likes getting their ass kicked. It sucks. They might enjoy the stories now, but I doubt they were pumped about a football player whooping their asses. The point was that the kid was fine. If he got his jaw broke and had to drink from a straw from a straw for six weeks, then yeah, String deserves the punishment. I've been sucker punched at a bar before for no reason but a mistaken identity. I didn't go to the cops and press charges because of a black eye. Life goes on.

He deserves punishment if he threw a punch. You know, because that's like, assault?

You should have pressed charges on the guy who sucker punched you in the bar. I guess you hate settling out of court for an easy 2 grand.
    Not worth it. I was fine. It really wasn't that big of deal. The guy got stomped out by the homies and life went on.
    What bar do you go to? I've never been in an altercation ever in my life at a bar and have never had "homies" who stomp people out either.

Is this down in L.A.? If so I'm not at all surprised. If this was up here curious where at?
    I mean I've been in more fights than I can remember
    Lol. This guy.

You aren't Luca Brasi
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    edited April 2014

I mean I've been in more fights than I can remember and that's just hanging out with West Seattle people. I grew up on Mercer Island so I know there is a world where people don't really get into fights but that other world isn't far away.
    This. When I was younger and slightly dumber, fights happened. In Seattle, in Tacoma, when I went to college, in high school. Sometimes they happened for no reason at all. Sometimes your buddy talked shit and needed some help so he wouldn't get jumped. Sometimes a random dude freaked out on you for talking to his ex-gf at a party. Sometimes your blacked out drunk buddy spills a drink on a girl and her guy friends want to curb stomp him. All stupid shit, which is basically what this incident is IMO. Young, angry guys that can't handle their liquor and are looking for any reason to throw down and prove how tough they are.

I grew up in Bellingham so not as much volume as a Tacoma or Seattle. Now I've been in a few scuffles at a college party but bar fight I haven't been in any.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Never been in a bar fight. Seen some bar fights but have never taken part of one myself.

As dumb as this sounds, I might recommend it. Once you are past your early 20's though, it becomes really corny. It's corny before then too, but most young dumb guys aren't evolved enough to realize it. Those days are long gone for me, but it's kind of thrilling and exciting. They make for some good stories to reminisce about as well.

Fights at parties > fights at bars
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Bushwick Bill, shot in the face? Can't remember

Hard as tits from Texas, remember that first album back in the day
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Lol. This guy.

You aren't Luca Brasi
    I don't get the reference.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Seeing how I'm in my early 30's I'm probably not going to be in a fight at a bar. I've been in a few scuffles at college parties in the day.

By the time I started going to bars regularly I was in my mid 20's so that part of my life was behind me.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Lol. This guy.

You aren't Luca Brasi
    Fishy.
  • Options
    Founders Club

This. When I was younger and slightly dumber, fights happened. In Seattle, in Tacoma, when I went to college, in high school. Sometimes they happened for no reason at all. Sometimes your buddy talked shit and needed some help so he wouldn't get jumped. Sometimes a random dude freaked out on you for talking to his ex-gf at a party. Sometimes your blacked out drunk buddy spills a drink on a girl and her guy friends want to curb stomp him. All stupid shit, which is basically what this incident is IMO. Young, angry guys that can't handle their liquor and are looking for any reason to throw down and prove how tough they are.

I grew up in Bellingham
    Lots of TUFF gangbangers throwing down nightly at the Up and Up and Beaver Inn.

and by gangbangers throwing down I mean hipsters in flannels drinking pbr
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2014

Fights at parties > fights at bars
    Mostly agree. A lot less likely to get in trouble for it at a party too. Although, I did once participate in a 4 on 4 brawl outside of a bar in Tacoma against some Mexican dudes that is probably my banner fight.

Edit: Sorry for reliving my glory days like Uncle Rico. It's out of my system now.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I grew up in Bellingham
    Lots of TUFF gangbangers throwing down nightly at the Up and Up and Beaver Inn.

and by gangbangers throwing down I mean hipsters</> in flannels drinking pbr
    Then you were there at the wrong time.

• Options
    Founders Club

Lol. This guy.

You aren't Luca Brasi
    godfather.wikia.com/wiki/Luca_Brasi
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2014

L O L

Been close a few times, but I haven't really been in a fight since I left West Seattle (well, if you don't count a few throw downs with my brother). Only time the police ever got involved was after I got jumped one time in front of Chief Sealth HS in 8th grade, got roughed up pretty good. I was such a badass my mom called the law after I got home with a few injuries including a blackeye for Oregon. They filed a report but the cops clearly did not give a shit. Nothing happened to anyone involved.

Fights happen. As long as there are no weapons involved and nobody gets curb stomped, life goes on.

Sack up, pussies.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

L O L

Been close a few times, but I haven't really been in a fight since I left West Seattle (well, if you don't count a few throw downs with my brother). Got jumped one time in 8th grade, got roughed up pretty good. My mom called the cops (I was a total bad ass). They filed a report but the cops clearly did not give a shit. Nothing happened to anyone involved.

Fights happen. As long as there are no weapons involved and nobody gets curb stomped, life goes on.

Sack up, pussies.
    This.

So, I won my 7-11 fight pretty handily. Cops asked me if I wanted to press charges. I said "No, I am pretty sure that 20 year old just learned a valuable life lesson. Plus, his buddy saw him get his ass kicked by a middle aged white dude, which will just ruin him in his neighborhood for months." Heh.

On the other end of the spectrum, got into a scuffle in Tijuana in my mid 20's. I learned a valuable life's lesson. Don't talk shit to 4 Mexicans alone in Tijuana. Mudhole. Stomped. In. Ass.

Fight's teach you a lot about life, and yourself. Plus, who wants to die without any scars?

No weapons, no major injuries (like don't clown stomp the mother fucker after he goes down), no problem. You win some, you lose some, but either way it's interesting.