Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Helfrich says this is the most talented/fast team he's seen

We'll see how the Ducks do during the season. Was watching 1080 the fan on comcast with Issac and Suke. They were saying how the Ducks will go 9-10 wins, how Helfrich is the next Bellotti. He's not another Chip Kelly and you can tell by how they ended the season.

Safe to say those two would have been banned on eDuck.

So to my Ducks in here will Helfrich come through on proclamation of this team? Or will they underachieve by your standards?

Comments

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

We'll see how the Ducks do during the season. Was watching 1080 the fan on comcast with Issac and Suke. They were saying how the Ducks will go 9-10 wins, how Helfrich is the next Bellotti. He's not another Chip Kelly and you can tell by how they ended the season.

So to my Ducks in here will Helfrich come through on proclamation of this team? Or will they underachieve by your standards?

With Slingblade at the helm, there is no escaping underachievement. Yeah if you dare to say the ducks will underachieve under Helf Stalin will promptly ban you, but not before you're targeted by fatass Cheswick and smothered by the insufferable giant green font and the idiocy therein. I'm really dismayed by the general foolishness all around. In particular, taking an elite program and running it like a varsity high school team. Does anyone really fucking think that a team with a HC, an OC and a DC, all who had no prior experience at those positions, could really continue what Chip Kelly had built?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

With Slingblade at the helm, there is no escaping underachievement. Yeah if you dare to say the ducks will underachieve under Helf Stalin will promptly ban you, but not before you're targeted by fatass Cheswick and smothered by the insufferable giant green font and the idiocy therein. I'm really dismayed by the general foolishness all around. In particular, taking an elite program and running it like a varsity high school team. Does anyone really fucking think that a team with a HC, an OC and a DC, all who had no prior experience at those positions, could really continue what Chip Kelly had built?
    I *heart* cheswick

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Yea they pointed out how they have a new DC with no prior experience after seeing what happened going from Kelly to Helfrich. I wish Seattle radio had guys like Issac and Suke who properly call out the local team.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Hopefully Helfrich will surprise us in a good way
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    So they are more fast than quick?
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Yea they pointed out how they have a new DC with no prior experience after seeing what happened going from Kelly to Helfrich. I wish Seattle radio had guys like Issac and Suke who properly call out the local team.

Pellum, their "new" DC, has only been the LB coach at Oregon for something like 20 years. Granted, you can say he's not an experienced DC but with the way they run that program it can't be a quantum leap from his previous assignment. Most Duck fans I know think Alliotti was getting stale so the switch to Pellum could just as well energize them as be a set back. I live in the Portland area and anybody who thinks Isaac and Big Suke are any kind of "authorities" on anything except the best all-time fart jokes and Portland's best pizza joint is an idiot. Local sports talk radio in Portland is awful.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Pellum, their "new" DC, has only been the LB coach at Oregon for something like 20 years. Granted, you can say he's not an experienced DC but with the way they run that program it can't be a quantum leap from his previous assignment. Most Duck fans I know think Alliotti was getting stale so the switch to Pellum could just as well energize them as be a set back. I live in the Portland area and anybody who thinks Isaac and Big Suke are any kind of "authorities" on anything except the best all-time fart jokes and Portland's best pizza joint is an idiot. Local sports talk radio in Portland is awful.
    Still not as bad as Seattle though.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Clearly you've neverhad the pleasure to listen to Chad Dooing.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

Clearly you've neverhad the pleasure to listen to Chad Dooing.
    750 is dead to me after noon.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Oregon will be smaller upfront this year than last year, which is kind of ironic sense our size upfront last year was our achilles heel. But don't worry.........our undersized linebackers from last year will back with some experience. Maybe this year they can line up properly, but that still won't stop them from being ran into the ground by opposing offensive lines. Any coach that calls more than 20 passing plays on us next year, needs to be fired. If teams actually focus on the run against us, Oregon is looking at a 7-5 season.

Believe it or not, 7-5 will give Helfrich a third season. So, year three will be when the wheels fall off. Which is pretty impressive, because I thought even a Paul Roof type higher would take 5 years to ruin us. I'm starting to think Helfrich is just some Husky troll trying to make the Oregon Athletic Department look bad.
  • Options

Oregon will be smaller upfront this year than last year, which is kind of ironic sense our size upfront last year was our achilles heel. But don't worry.........our undersized linebackers from last year will back with some experience. Maybe this year they can line up properly, but that still won't stop them from being ran into the ground by opposing offensive lines. Any coach that calls more than 20 passing plays on us next year, needs to be fired. If teams actually focus on the run against us, Oregon is looking at a 7-5 season.

Believe it or not, 7-5 will give Helfrich a third season. So, year three will be when the wheels fall off. Which is pretty impressive, because I thought even a Paul Roof type higher would take 5 years to ruin us. I'm starting to think Helfrich is just some Husky troll trying to make the Oregon Athletic Department look bad.

Lambo inherited a team that had won three straight conference titles and a shitload of NFL players. It only took him two fucking games to ruin it so be thankful that Helfrich isn't Lambo level shitty.
  • Options
    I guess greenblood missed the news about the players gaining some major weight
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Oregon will be good this year, and are rightfully the favorite for the Pac 12 title, even with Helfrich. Most of the OL is back, Tyner, Marshall, and Addison, and of course Mariota. The offense should be about as good as it's ever been. The defense with the new coordinator is the question. The ducks were pretty soft up the middle last year, which Stanford and Arizona exploited. I'm still pissed Sark didn't run Sankey 40 times in the game last year. It probably wouldn't have mattered the way Oregon was shredding our defense, but still.
  • Options
    In all seriousness I like UCLA to win the Pac-12 this year.
  • Options
    Might be some closer games for the Ducks. However, the speed and strength of the backs, O line, and the receivers is going to put the big hurt on some teams. We get at least one linebacker to stuff some runs and off we go. MIght be Joe Walker. We will see.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,582
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm going to sound like a doog but what the fuck ever: who is Oregon going to overtake for one of the top 4 spots? The 2 best teams from each of the SEC divisions will probably be in and then you're looking at probably FSU and then one of MSU/Oklahoma/OSU, etc. You won't even get to that point unless you beat out UCLA and Stanford, which I agree with HNMT, UCLA will probably be the best this year and Stanford has to prove they've taken a step back. Oregon is elite with a top 2-3 quarterback but they have a huge mountain to climb just to get to the title game next year.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

If Oregon goes a shitty 7-5 and he gets another year management needs to face the firing squad immediately.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

In all seriousness I like UCLA to win the Pac-12 this year.

I think it will be UCLA-Oregon in the title game.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,582
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't know if it's the fact that you guys have dominated just about everybody for awhile now or what, but I would be pretty shocked at a 7-9 win season out of Oregon. If that's the case I would think that the players had lost respect for Helfrich (or Pellum or insert-toolbag-assistant) at some point in the season.