Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UCLA OOC

no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Hopefully we start trending to something like this, but I doubt it.
2014: Texas
2016: A&M
2017: A&M
2018: Oklahoma
2019: Oklahoma
2021: LSU
2022: Michigan
2023: Michigan
2024: LSU

Comments

• Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Then the doogs would bitch about having too TUFF a schedule. Seen it before.

DGAF
  • Options
    Ron_FairlyRon_Fairly Member Posts: 368
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    UCLA is serious about REAL wins OOC
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    UCLA is a football school.

HTH
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Scheduling bodybag games to pad the budget for BB and Water Polo isn't going to compensate for all those empty seats in the Rose Bowl once Sark gets his own guys in there.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ASU just announced home and homes with LSU yesterday, apparently they're also serious about football.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,631
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    It's not woody's fault Illinois is in a slump, or that the Southeastern Louisiana state mud dogs are missing Bobby Boucher
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,479
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2014
    no_uh said:

The reason for the dreckfest schedule is Sark.

When Sark got here, he shit himself over having to play LSU and Nebraska and other real football teams, which is why, under his reign, we lost the distinction of being one of only 5 schools to never play a DI-AA school. Thanks for ruining the streak.

Now Petersen doesn't give a fuck who he plays since he knows he can go into any game and win and that was his mentality at BSU. Woodward loves our money and when he sees shitty sales for EWU and PSU and SacSt., he'll wisen up and schedule some real teams to visit Husky Stadium. That and we don't need those teams to get to a bowl (how fucking miserable is that statement) and over-inflate Sark's records from 6-6 (reality) to 7-6 (+1 cupcake). That and the whole new playoff system will include strength of schedule, so Woody will need to make some changes if we're ever serious about football again.

Rutgers isn't the biggest name, but it's a step in the right direction since they are a B1G team. I mean, what was the biggest name that we heard during Sark's tenure? Looks like it was BSU... (Illinios and Wisconsin were scheduled before Sark).

---

FWIW, I'm not mad about Georgia State since this is probably the only time in my life (and hopefully the only time in my life) that I'll ever see them.
  • Options

no_uh said:

When Sark got here, he shit himself over having to play LSU and Nebraska and other real football teams, which is why, under his reign, we lost the distinction of being one of only 5 schools to never play a DI-AA school. Thanks for ruining the streak.

Now Petersen doesn't give a fuck who he plays since he knows he can go into any game and win and that was his mentality at BSU. Woodward loves our money and when he sees shitty sales for EWU and PSU and SacSt., he'll wisen up and schedule some real teams to visit Husky Stadium. That and we don't need those teams to get to a bowl (how fucking miserable is that statement) and over-inflate Sark's records from 6-6 (reality) to 7-6 (+1 cupcake). That and the whole new playoff system will include strength of schedule, so Woody will need to make some changes if we're ever serious about football again.

Rutgers isn't the biggest name, but it's a step in the right direction since they are a B1G team. I mean, what was the biggest name that we heard during Sark's tenure? Looks like it was BSU... (Illinios and Wisconsin were scheduled before Sark).

---

FWIW, I'm not mad about Georgia State since this is probably the only time in my life (and hopefully the only time in my life) that I'll ever see them.
    Flagged for admitting you'll watch the Georgia State game.

You're part of the problem.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,631
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

no_uh said:

---

I'll watch the Georgia State game as well.

Fuck off.
  • Options

no_uh said:

---

Nobody is a part of the problem now that we have a real head coach.

So you're fine with shit tier OOC scheduling now?

• Options
    In this thread: My Doogs love seeing crap teams like Georgia State on the schedule.
  • Options

no_uh said:

---

It sucks, but not watching the game isn't going to do anything. If we start winning, season ticket sales will go up regardless of if we schedule cuntcakes or not, so there's not really much a fan can do to fix this other than complain. If you buy single game tickets to Georgia State, you are a fucking moron. If you already bought season tickets, you aren't part of the problem.

Totally, completely, absolutely disagree.

Buying season tickets when 3/7 of the schedule is garbage is the problem.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

no_uh said:

---

It sucks, but not watching the game isn't going to do anything. If we start winning, season ticket sales will go up regardless of if we schedule cuntcakes or not, so there's not really much a fan can do to fix this other than complain. If you buy single game tickets to Georgia State, you are a fucking moron. If you already bought season tickets, you aren't part of the problem.

Upvoted for cuntcakes. Probably should market that.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

no_uh said:

---

Totally, completely, absolutely disagree.

Buying season tickets when 3/7 of the schedule is garbage is the problem.
    Having a fan base that buys season tickets is why we can pay Petersen over 3 million and the assistants a shitload of money. Sorry, but it's needed.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I buy tickets to these games that are already sold ... Drink heavily ...Walk up... Buy cheapest ticket possible from scalper... Sit wherever I feel like.

Light me up Boobs.
  • Options
    Ron_FairlyRon_Fairly Member Posts: 368
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1

no_uh said:

---

Upvoted for cuntcakes. Probably should market that.
    too late. someone already has

cuntcake > pie > cake