Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark's post-game press conference

Comments

• MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,566 Swaye's Wigwam
    Not even the UConn job is available for him now.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,666 Swaye's Wigwam

I popped over to the texas bored because Sark is the only thing remotely fun about college football this year.

Hardly any Sark-doubting posts. All the posts have to do with the players being wusses, and how Sark needs to clean house of all the kids who grew up getting participation trophies and have no pride in Texas. No thought at all that maybe the players are a reflection of the guy leading them.

Also on dawgman there was a Sark thread where someone dared to suggest Sark might want to start drinking again. Of course this was followed by a million sanctimonious replies of "how dare you. He had a DISEASE that he did not bring on himself and had no control over"

All in all, you gotta hand it to the guy. He has continually failed up by convincing people he bears no responsibility for the shit left in his wake

It's a disease just like driving 150 mph on residential streets is a disease, eating until you weigh 300+ lbs is a disease, or any other negative thing that feels good or seems fun is a disease.

It's an insult to people with actual diseases that they have no fucking control over and the narrative that it is a disease is a cop out.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,852 Founders Club
    Sounds like Sark needs more East Dillon players and less West Dillon country club players
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,735 Swaye's Wigwam

I had fun watching that game. The guy is completely beaten down. He ain’t turning that around. It’s over.

Agreed.

What's fascinating is that they are paying not just him but TWO coaches huge money currently.

It's a state school. Even in Texas, can they really pay THREE?! So I would guess they have to keep Sark for the forseeable future. What a disaster.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,606 Founders Club

I popped over to the texas bored because Sark is the only thing remotely fun about college football this year.

Hardly any Sark-doubting posts. All the posts have to do with the players being wusses, and how Sark needs to clean house of all the kids who grew up getting participation trophies and have no pride in Texas. No thought at all that maybe the players are a reflection of the guy leading them.

Also on dawgman there was a Sark thread where someone dared to suggest Sark might want to start drinking again. Of course this was followed by a million sanctimonious replies of "how dare you. He had a DISEASE that he did not bring on himself and had no control over"

All in all, you gotta hand it to the guy. He has continually failed up by convincing people he bears no responsibility for the shit left in his wake

So Herman's Head was 7-3 and that was on him, but Sark is 4-6 and it's on the players?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,666 Swaye's Wigwam
    PK has actually been Sark's problem, weirdly...
  • I popped over to the texas bored because Sark is the only thing remotely fun about college football this year.

Sounds like Griswold stopped at the right place to peddle his "Grand Slam" bullshit
  • I popped over to the texas bored because Sark is the only thing remotely fun about college football this year.

So Herman's Head was 7-3 and that was on him, but Sark is 4-6 and it's on the players?
    Both overrated as hell
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732

what i saw on surly horns was very different. that place is ruthless
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam

The paused image of that video made me sad for a second. Then I remembered what kind of human being Sark was and how much he’s getting paid and laughed.

You speak for me very well. That's the mini-process I went through as well when I saw him speaking. Seeing the freeze frame in the OP stirs it back up just a bit, and then I remember that it's actually quite funny (aside from the part where that con-man is going to get paid more to be fired than I will make in my lifetime). Justice would mean he ends up going the Tom Sizemore (actor) route, spends his millions on drugs, drinking and screwing hos, and is found living in a back alley in a few years.

Fuck Sarkisian. He's had enough fun for many lifetimes. He can go away permanently now.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861

I like to blame the kids for not having PRIDE in Texas football to cover incompetent coaching it’s what I like to do
  • BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650

It's a disease just like driving 150 mph on residential streets is a disease, eating until you weigh 300+ lbs is a disease, or any other negative thing that feels good or seems fun is a disease.

It's an insult to people with actual diseases that they have no fucking control over and the narrative that it is a disease is a cop out.
    Humanity’s relationship with alcohol is almost as old as civilization itself. Almost as soon as people discovered fermentation, it became apparent that some people could become dependent on alcohol. In 1784, physician and father of the American temperance movement, Benjamin Rush, identified an “uncontrollable and irresistible desire to consume alcohol” among certain people.(1) For most of human history, however, alcoholism was seen as a moral shortcoming or a lack of discipline.

People suffering from alcoholism were said to be “unable to hold their liquor”. This misconception has stubbornly persisted into the present day, unfortunately. Why laypeople might view alcoholism this way is somewhat understandable. Most of us are still conditioned to think of disease only as an acquired infection like influenza or an illness like cancer. Others see the disease model as a “cop-out” or an attempt by the addict or alcoholic to shirk responsibility. Mental illness in general, is still widely misunderstood and unfortunately can carry a certain stigma.

Alcoholism is Classified as a Disease

Some may be surprised to know that the debate over whether to categorize alcoholism and addiction as a disease was largely settled in the medical and scientific community more than 60 years ago. In fact, the American Medical Association formally recognized alcoholism and addiction as a disease as early as 1956. (2) The AMA’s position was even cited in the U.S. Supreme Court case (Budd v. California, 385 U.S. 909 (1966) (3). Dr. William Silkworth of New York City’s Towns Hospital is widely recognized as the first clinician to study and endorse the disease model of alcoholism. His pioneering work in treating alcoholics and advising the founders of Alcoholic Anonymous was directly responsible for transforming the way the medical community viewed alcoholism.

As Alcoholics Anonymous grew as a new resource for people struggling with alcohol, clinicians and scientists began to study the phenomenon of alcoholism and addiction from a different point of view. In the past, most chronic relapse patients were seen as “lost causes”, destined to be institutionalized for what was left of their lives. Following the work of Dr. Silkworth and others, they recognized that medical treatment combined with social intervention and therapy was yielding more promising results than anyone had seen with traditional methods alone. Today alcohol dependence is understood as a disease and listed as such in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) published by the American Psychiatric Association (APA).

Treatment for Alcoholism is Still Evolving

Thanks to the revolution in gene research, we are beginning to unravel the genetic component which makes some people so much more susceptible to chronic alcohol abuse. Two genes related to alcohol metabolism, ADH1B and ALDH2 have shown the strongest correlation with the risk of alcoholism. (4) The greater scientific understanding of the roots of alcoholism paired with a more data-driven approach to treatment has brought a new era in addiction treatment to fruition. Perhaps more than ever, the medical and recovery communities are working as partners and the long-term efficacy of treatment for alcoholism is the focus. It’s widely accepted that recognizing alcoholism as a disease was the essential sea change that needed to occur for more effective treatment to begin to be developed.

(1) https://academic.oup.com/alcalc/article/35/1/10/142396
    (2) https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/318639
    (3) https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/public-health/court-listened-ama-defining-alcoholism-disease-not-crime
    (4) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4056340/