Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We're a Baseball School...

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Absolutely - it's shown in their piss poor SOS in the 100s.

However, provided that they are able to hold their own in series against the Oregons and UCLA, then they are set up well to be put in a position where they shouldn't have to worry about making the tournament. Moreover, they'll most likely be kept on the West Coast for a regional and likely against a Big West school ... which are full of big parks that play to the long-term strength of the program ... the pitching staff.

It's nice to have UW baseball back as being worth talking about. There's no reason for UW to not have a strong baseball program.
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Absolutely - it's shown in their piss poor SOS in the 100s.

However, provided that they are able to hold their own in series against the Oregons and UCLA, then they are set up well to be put in a position where they shouldn't have to worry about making the tournament. Moreover, they'll most likely be kept on the West Coast for a regional and likely against a Big West school ... which are full of big parks that play to the long-term strength of the program ... the pitching staff.

It's nice to have UW baseball back as being worth talking about. There's no reason for UW to not have a strong baseball program.

Major +1.

Living in SEC cuntry for so long, I have come to appreciate the value of a strong baseball program. It's a surprisingly big deal down here.

• Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Some schools are allowing alcohol in designated sections, and you can carry it in with you. UW should do this, but they won't.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,068
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2014
    WTB a fucking baseball bored. Mostly so all of you have somewhere else to go jerk off.

#notinmyhair
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    DawgPassion206, a good buddy of mine did a study a few years ago where he looked at which states produce the most pro's in football, basketball and baseball. He had nominal rankings and then per capita.

For football, Washington was around 17-20 in both nominal and per capita if i recall correctly. However, for baseball pros Washington was as high as 7th. If we really get serious about baseball one would think we could have a top 10 program.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    It's awfully cool for June.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    TheGlove said:

yes, it is. playing bb in the p12 is no joke, and they haven't made the rounds just yet. let's wait and see, as others have said, what happens after UCLA and the Oregons. that should tell us something.
  • Options

TheGlove said:

yes, it is. playing bb in the p12 is no joke, and they haven't made the rounds just yet. let's wait and see, as others have said, what happens after UCLA and the Oregons. that should tell us something.
    OMG! THERE'S MORE THAN ONE OREGON???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

DawgPassion206, a good buddy of mine did a study a few years ago where he looked at which states produce the most pro's in football, basketball and baseball. He had nominal rankings and then per capita.

For football, Washington was around 17-20 in both nominal and per capita if i recall correctly. However, for baseball pros Washington was as high as 7th. If we really get serious about baseball one would think we could have a top 10 program.

Keep in mind a bulk of that talent is probably coming straight out of high school though.

I do agree with you that there is no reason for UW to be as bad as long as they have been in baseball. I mean shit we couldn't even crack the dance when Lincecum was here winning national pitcher of the year.
  • Options

Keep in mind a bulk of that talent is probably coming straight out of high school though.

I do agree with you that there is no reason for UW to be as bad as long as they have been in baseball. I mean shit we couldn't even crack the dance when Lincecum was here winning national pitcher of the year.
    Actually, there IS a reason. Emmert wouldn't let them recruit outside of Washington State because he made them pay out-of-state tuition. He said upper campus needed the money, SO THEY DIDN'T RECRUIT OUT OF STATE, so Emmert didn't get any money. I asked him how that was working for him. He didn't respond.
  • Options
    d2d said:

Actually, there IS a reason. Emmert wouldn't let them recruit outside of Washington State because he made them pay out-of-state tuition. He said upper campus needed the money, SO THEY DIDN'T RECRUIT OUT OF STATE, so Emmert didn't get any money. I asked him how that was working for him. He didn't respond.
    Just when I think Emmert couldn't get any worse I hear stories like this. That is just jaw dropping.

It's embarrassing how not one media outlet has done a story on how Emmert destroyed men's athletics while he was president here. Just fucking ridiculous!

12-47 while he was president here in football says it all.
  • Options

d2d said:

Just when I think Emmert couldn't get any worse I hear stories like this. That is just jaw dropping.

It's embarrassing how not one media outlet has done a story on how Emmert destroyed men's athletics while he was president here. Just fucking ridiculous!

If I were Derek, I would think about writing this story. Now is the perfect time to do a long, investigative story on Emmert's career. A good piece would get you linked to a lot of blogs and bring a lot of national FREE PUB!

THIS. Considering he's fucking drowning as NCAA president and running it straight into the fucking ground. He's an incompetent fucking moron and the constant Doogman dick sucking of Emmert is fucktarded even by their shit standards.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Great fucking idea RoadDawg.

Doogman sucked off Emmert for sure but lets not forget Fleenor thought Turner was a good hire. He or someone on there scoffed at those who thought Turner was a terrible hire.

In any event, Mark Emmert needs to be lynched in red square for his actions in 2007.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Doogman sucked off Emmert for sure but lets not forget Fleenor thought Turner was a good hire. He or someone on there scoffed at those who thought Turner was a terrible hire.

In any event, Mark Emmert needs to be lynched in red square for his actions in 2007 2004.

Remember he was the fuck who hired Ty. Despite what some(Tequilla) try to say different Emmert was very much involved in that hire.

They didn't even consider an Urban Meyer from Utah as they wanted to make history with a black football and basketball coach. Absolutely disgusting and he stood by letting Turner fuck us in the ass.

The program had just gone 1-10 with their first losing season in 28 years. You needed to get this hire right and they didn't even give a fuck. Just gave the hardcore fans like most of us in here the middle finger and said fuck off!
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,587
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2014

In any event, Mark Emmert needs to be lynched in red square for his actions in 2007 2004.

Remember he was the fuck who hired Ty. Despite what some(Tequilla) try to say different Emmert was very much involved in that hire.

They didn't even consider an Urban Meyer from Utah as they wanted to make history with a black football and basketball coach. Absolutely disgusting and he stood by letting Turner fuck us in the ass.

The program had just gone 1-10 with their first losing season in 28 years. You needed to get this hire right and they didn't even give a fuck. Just gave the hardcore fans like most of us in here the middle finger and said fuck off!
    I don't have anything more to add to this, and that was when I attended UW 2006-10. Fucking dreckfest with all the banners of Ty, Romar and the women's bball coach, all with a combined record of fuck all. Then the banners of Sark's fat ass in '10. Fuck I need 15 years worth of x-mas cards drenched in lighter fluid mailed to me.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

d2d said:

If I were Derek, I would think about writing this story. Now is the perfect time to do a long, investigative story on Emmert's career. A good piece would get you linked to a lot of blogs and bring a lot of national FREE PUB!

Sounds like a great profile in courage, as always.

Sarcasam aside, this needs to happen.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    d2d said:

TheGlove said:

OMG! THERE'S MORE THAN ONE OREGON???
    you're so gay ... in the bad way.

your shtick will never get you admitted to the elite liberal arts colleges that rejected you.

face it: like me, you're just a state school kid. suck it up.
  • Options
    d2d said:

not true. made up. next story.

btw, Emmert wasn't the Prez for the entire history of the program. don't know if you know that.

ask Ken Knutson why UW couldn't compete for out-of-state recruits, and he's not going to give you that spun up yarn about Emmert. he'll pull out a picture book of the old Chaffey Field and show you why. sanicans and all.

fuck you're a piece of work.