Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We're a Baseball School...

13»

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    d2d said:

DawgPassion206, a good buddy of mine did a study a few years ago where he looked at which states produce the most pro's in football, basketball and baseball. He had nominal rankings and then per capita.

For football, Washington was around 17-20 in both nominal and per capita if i recall correctly. However, for baseball pros Washington was as high as 7th. If we really get serious about baseball one would think we could have a top 10 program.

Keep in mind a bulk of that talent is probably coming straight out of high school though.

I do agree with you that there is no reason for UW to be as bad as long as they have been in baseball. I mean shit we couldn't even crack the dance when Lincecum was here winning national pitcher of the year.
    Actually, there IS a reason. Emmert wouldn't let them recruit outside of Washington State because he made them pay out-of-state tuition. He said upper campus needed the money, SO THEY DIDN'T RECRUIT OUT OF STATE, so Emmert didn't get any money. I asked him how that was working for him. He didn't respond.
    But how was he a bad president?
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2014

d2d said:

DawgPassion206, a good buddy of mine did a study a few years ago where he looked at which states produce the most pro's in football, basketball and baseball. He had nominal rankings and then per capita.

For football, Washington was around 17-20 in both nominal and per capita if i recall correctly. However, for baseball pros Washington was as high as 7th. If we really get serious about baseball one would think we could have a top 10 program.

Keep in mind a bulk of that talent is probably coming straight out of high school though.

I do agree with you that there is no reason for UW to be as bad as long as they have been in baseball. I mean shit we couldn't even crack the dance when Lincecum was here winning national pitcher of the year.
    Actually, there IS a reason. Emmert wouldn't let them recruit outside of Washington State because he made them pay out-of-state tuition. He said upper campus needed the money, SO THEY DIDN'T RECRUIT OUT OF STATE, so Emmert didn't get any money. I asked him how that was working for him. He didn't respond.
    Stupid doesn't count? His is the same logic as raising taxes to 100% because the government needs the money...

Nobody will continue working if they pay 100% in taxes.

d2d said:

not true. made up. next story.

btw, Emmert wasn't the Prez for the entire history of the program. don't know if you know that.

ask Ken Knutson why UW couldn't compete for out-of-state recruits, and he's not going to give you that spun up yarn about Emmert. he'll pull out a picture book of the old Chaffey Field and show you why. sanicans and all.

fuck you're a piece of work.
    Personal attacks? Thanks for the free pub.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    edited April 2014
    d2d said:

d2d said:

Stupid doesn't count? His is the same logic as raising taxes to 100% because the government needs the money...

d2d said:

btw, Emmert wasn't the Prez for the entire history of the program. don't know if you know that.

ask Ken Knutson why UW couldn't compete for out-of-state recruits, and he's not going to give you that spun up yarn about Emmert. he'll pull out a picture book of the old Chaffey Field and show you why. sanicans and all.

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
  • Options

d2d said:

d2d said:

d2d said:

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Why is D2D trying to steal Swaye's material?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Why is D2D trying to steal Swaye's material?

Let's not question progress
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,631
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    this thread needs to get aids and die
  • Options

this thread needs to get aids and die

Disagree any thread that bashes on Emmert needs to live.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,068
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I am throwing out Awesome's to D2D like it's my fucking job.

#tattoosluts

But, if he takes my job, what do I have left around here?

This is no bueno.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

I am throwing out Awesome's to D2D like it's my fucking job.

#tattoosluts

But, if he takes my job, what do I have left around here?

This is no bueno.

Isn't this a baseball thread?

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Great fucking idea RoadDawg.

Doogman sucked off Emmert for sure but lets not forget Fleenor thought Turner was a good hire. He or someone on there scoffed at those who thought Turner was a terrible hire.

In any event, Mark Emmert needs to be lynched in red square for his actions in 2007 2004.

Remember he was the fuck who hired Ty. Despite what some(Tequilla) try to say different Emmert was very much involved in that hire.

They didn't even consider an Urban Meyer from Utah as they wanted to make history with a black football and basketball coach. Absolutely disgusting and he stood by letting Turner fuck us in the ass.

The program had just gone 1-10 with their first losing season in 28 years. You needed to get this hire right and they didn't even give a fuck. Just gave the hardcore fans like most of us in here the middle finger and said fuck off!

Despite all the glory of past generations of Husky football, Urban Meyer wasn't coming to Montlake.

HTH
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Great fucking idea RoadDawg.

Doogman sucked off Emmert for sure but lets not forget Fleenor thought Turner was a good hire. He or someone on there scoffed at those who thought Turner was a terrible hire.

In any event, Mark Emmert needs to be lynched in red square for his actions in 2007 2004.

Remember he was the fuck who hired Ty. Despite what some(Tequilla) try to say different Emmert was very much involved in that hire.

They didn't even consider an Urban Meyer from Utah as they wanted to make history with a black football and basketball coach. Absolutely disgusting and he stood by letting Turner fuck us in the ass.

The program had just gone 1-10 with their first losing season in 28 years. You needed to get this hire right and they didn't even give a fuck. Just gave the hardcore fans like most of us in here the middle finger and said fuck off!

Despite all the glory of past generations of Husky football, Urban Meyer wasn't coming to Montlake.

HTH
    Why wouldn't a Utah coach come here? Never said he would but to not consider him isn't doing your due diligence.