Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We're a Baseball School...

d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Where's the Baseball Bored?

Huskies baseball team wins 9th straight game, and are in 1st place in the Pac-12. UW 19, USC 4.

seattletimes.com/html/huskies/2023259453_regional30xml.html

Comments

• Options
    PurpleMicrodotPurpleMicrodot Member Posts: 66
    d2d said:

Where's the NOGAFF Bored?

Huskies baseball team wins 9th straight game, and are in 1st place in the Pac-12. UW 19, USC 4.

• Options

d2d said:

COLLEGE DOUCHE IS BACK!

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,479
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    You sounds like Jood
  • Options
    PurpleMicrodotPurpleMicrodot Member Posts: 66
    d2d said:

d2d said:

COLLEGE DOUCHE IS BACK!

good call image
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    The baseball team finished last season very strong after starting 9-25. Guess it wasn't a fluke as they have carried it over to this season. I might watch a few games in person. College baseball is less boring than MLB and we know the Mariners suck.
  • Options

The baseball team finished last season very strong after starting 9-25. Guess it wasn't a fluke as they have carried it over to this season. I might watch a few games in person. College baseball is less boring than MLB and we know the Mariners suck.

Umm..no. Baseball sucks to watch at any level. Going to games were alcohol is served is the only thing that makes it tolerable. Hanging out on a warm (crisp?) Sunday afternoon with friends getting drunk is a pretty good day. The baseball game is just an excuse and cover to drink all day on a Sunday.
    Baseball superiority guy.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    d2d said:

d2d said:

COLLEGE DOUCHE IS BACK!

Jake Almighty man. Anyone with half a brain can clearly see that Microdot is Boobs.

Or Harv.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

d2d said:

d2d said:

COLLEGE DOUCHE IS BACK!

Jake Almighty man. Anyone with half a brain can clearly see that Microdot is Boobs.

And Harv.

Abundance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Umm..no. Baseball sucks to watch at any level. Going to games were alcohol is served is the only thing that makes it tolerable. Hanging out on a warm (crisp?) Sunday afternoon with friends getting drunk is a pretty good day. The baseball game is just an excuse and cover to drink all day on a Sunday.
    Baseball superiority guy.
    I think that would fall more into getting drunk superiority guy. Staff?! I need a ruling?

I'll just go lazy route and say abundance.
  • Options
    UW wins 10th in a row...

and I just got a 25 AWESOMES BADGE!

Now, HTBMD is starting his OWN baseball threads?
  • Options
    d2d said:

UW wins 10th in a row...

You can call me Chest for short.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Good for the program.

Saw the program a few years ago when they played series against my brother and the UW team was an absolute joke that didn't look like they knew how to swing a bat.

Getting to a NCAA Tournament would be huge. If they keep things going at the current pace, there's a decent chance they could host a regional.

Good college baseball actually is pretty fun to watch. Much more uncertainty than professional baseball.
  • Options

d2d said:

UW wins 10th in a row...

You can call me Chest for short.

That's why I added the "D".
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,438
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

You sounds like Jood

Incorrect. Jood doesn't sound like anything. His blog is like the Red October; silent and cutting edge if this were the 80s.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

Good for the program.

Saw the program a few years ago when they played series against my brother and the UW team was an absolute joke that didn't look like they knew how to swing a bat.

Getting to a NCAA Tournament would be huge. If they keep things going at the current pace, there's a decent chance they could host a regional.

Good college baseball actually is pretty fun to watch. Much more uncertainty than professional baseball.

Who in the fuck cares.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Tequilla said:

Good for the program.

I'm actually down with it myself. I watch the CWS every year. It's good stuff. Much better than MLB for me.

It's also good that we're at least scratching the surface of relevancy. I used to write it off to weather, and there is no denying that cbb success correlates nicely with how close your university is to the equator. That said, Oregon and, especially, Oregon State, have been able to manage bb in wet weather, so we should too. Oregon has been amazingly good relative to how old the program is. Not unlike football, it's about how seriously you take it. PK Park, which I've seen, is amazing. A real college bb park. And hiring Horton away from CS Fullerton was the ultimate expression (TO THE FUCKING BB RECRUITS) of Oregon's seriousness.

Let's see if Washington can finally break through. That said, it's a long fucking season, and baseball of all sports is not one to get too jacked about early on. But it's been a while since they've been this good, so that's cool. Not ashamed to say I'll make it out to a game or two.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    As of right now, the UW is a Top 20 RPI ... so they'll have to work really hard to play themselves out of a regional ... particularly if they remain anywhere close to competitive in PAC play

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2014/rpi
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

As of right now, the UW is a Top 20 RPI ... so they'll have to work really hard to play themselves out of a regional ... particularly if they remain anywhere close to competitive in PAC play

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2014/rpi

They haven't really beaten anyone though. Arizona State is probably their best series win. The real tests against the Oregons and UCLA await.

It's clear they've made some significant progress, but I wouldn't buy those regional tickets anytime soon.