Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Announcement coming?

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    digits said:

Gotta give the lawyers time to comb through his contract to make sure they cover UW's ass. If this happens, Lake will sue, but I think UW has solid legal footing. Bye bye, Jimmy.

The hope is it's a chindefinite suspension today while they review all that, ultimately leading to his dismissal.

I'm just not sure who I would want to be the interim HC. Adams maybe?

Slim pickens.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,843
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

What if Jon Don becomes interim head coach lol.

To expand. WSU beats Oregon. John Don leads the Huskies to a 45-13 victory over #17 WSU to become bowl eligible and earns a year at the helm.
    The fact this is pretty plausible should make everyone homicidal
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,982
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

I agree that firing him for The Punch is weak and a bad precedent

So probably what will happen

Worry about the fallout later I guess

I wouldn't discipline the coach at all for that incident based on my one viewing....unless it's Jim Lake about to get fired with cause. Then it's OK.
    That’s the feeling in the room for the most part.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

digits said:

Gotta give the lawyers time to comb through his contract to make sure they cover UW's ass. If this happens, Lake will sue, but I think UW has solid legal footing. Bye bye, Jimmy.

The hope is it's a chindefinite suspension today while they review all that, ultimately leading to his dismissal.

Slim pickens.
    This is where Petersen could swoop in for the interim gig only. Perfect fit. It's probably not plausible but it's way more plausible in this scenario than him hiring back on full time in the offseason.
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2021
    dnc said:

digits said:

Slim pickens.
    I vote JonDon redemption tour where the offense unleashes and exposes Jimmy — or it could just be hysterically bad. Entertaining either way at this point
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

dnc said:

digits said:

Slim pickens.
    This is where Petersen could swoop in for the interim gig only. Perfect fit. It's probably not plausible but it's way more plausible in this scenario than him hiring back on full time in the offseason.
    At the very least stick the cardboard cut-out on the 50...
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

dnc said:

digits said:

Slim pickens.
    imagine sitting through another half year of the most boring, soul crushing offense in the history of football
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Let’s be honest. We aren’t that lucky. They’ll announce Junior Adams has been let go or Derham Cato.

Jon don
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

What if the announcement has nothing to do with “the punch”?

I hope it’s something like Jimmy Lake has resigned for personal reasons after an incident last night in which the helmet car was involved in multiple DUI hit and runs.

• Options
    MobeyB4AssholesMobeyB4Assholes Member Posts: 878
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I don't think he'll get fired. He should be for being a shitty coach, but he won't be.

Some sort of apology and suspension.
  • Options
    Tripper_JohnsonTripper_Johnson Member Posts: 200
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

What if the announcement has nothing to do with “the punch”?

I hope it’s something like Jimmy Lake has resigned for personal reasons after an incident last night in which the helmet car was involved in multiple DUI hit and runs.

I heard he was with Michael Irvin the other night and tried to punch it in up the middle, but was unsuccessful after multiple attempts.