Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A Sark Texas story in three tweets

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Yeah but at least they’re 4-4 in a fun way!!
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,589
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah but at least they’re 4-4 in a fun way!!

If I could eliminate the Montana loss (you can't, it's a tattoo) I'll take the close, low scoring, mind numbing losses and wins to three game losing streaks, poor defense and the occasional ass blasting loss. Now if you want to talk recruiting between Sark and Lil Jimmy we could definitely talk trades.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Lol so finally heading out for good to Dallas on thurs. Can't wait to talk football. How's your boy Jimbo? Sark? Tcu? Lol
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Lol so finally heading out for good to Dallas on thurs. Can't wait to talk football. How's your boy Jimbo? Sark? Tcu? Lol

Jimbo is doing quite well.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    edited November 2021

Jimbo is doing quite well.
    Not 95m well

You bitch. I'm trying to make a point. Aggies are weirdos and always down to bitch
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2021

This man left his family for a semi-illiterate street trash hooker whose claim to fame was a pole dancing routine on Jerry Springer. And then Sark decided to throw $1m at him and make him one of the highest paid non-coordinator assistants in the country.

It's becoming clear that the alcoholism was just window dressing. At the end of the day, the guy is just a fucking idiot.

Homerun hire…
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

This man left his family for a semi-illiterate street trash hooker whose claim to fame was a pole dancing routine on Jerry Springer. And then Sark decided to throw $1m at him and make him one of the highest paid non-coordinator assistants in the country.

It's becoming clear that the alcoholism was just window dressing. At the end of the day, the guy is just a fucking idiot.

Homerun hire…
    ahem, grand slam hire
  • Options
    Mitch_CumsteenMitch_Cumsteen Member Posts: 77
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

and what about these second half implosions?

What about them? It's infuriating. We saw this with Herman and he got the nickname, "Turtle Tom." But Sark has taken it to a new level. I was at the Oklahoma game and it was brutal to watch live. Absolutely brutal. They should be 7-1 right now, instead they are on a three game skid, soon to be four against Iowa State on Saturday.

People are pissed at the coaching, especially PK. The offense hasn't done them any favors by stalling out over and over again in the second halves, but they play this bend but don't break shit that keeps them on the field for too many plays, and then they are toast by the time the fourth quarter rolls around.

I really thought PK was a slam dunk hire. Maybe it's that Sark hired most of the defensive position coaches before him and he doesn't have his guys to teach his system, outside of Choate? Still, the other coaches have pretty stellar resumes with stops at other big time schools (Bama, ND, etc.). It's like PK left his brain in the PNW. Texas is getting gutted on simple inside and outside zone stuff. DTs don't penetrate, just hold up blocks (poorly) for our walk on LB and out of position safeties to miss the tackles.
    Petersen was all about complimentary football. Possess the ball, eat clock and don't gas your defense with a constant no huddle scheme. I've always said that Kwats philosophy of giving the opponent everything underneath and allowing them, with patience on their part, to drive between the twenties was never going to mesh with a coach who's most recent motto was "All gas no brakes.". Score fast, three and out fast! Either way, defense back on the field! This is why you get boat raced in the second half. Those 14,17, 20 play drives add up when you've only got 1:15 seconds to catch your breath. If Texas is running JonDons boring, slow and awful offense, you too could be averaging 22ppg and giving up 19. Either way, like UW you are 4-4.
    If you listen to Sark, he wants to play complimentary football too. He talks about it constantly. So I get what you're saying but even though the motto is all gas no brakes, he's not running no huddle, snap the ball with 20 seconds on the play clock stuff in the 4th quarter. Sark wants to run it, at least that's what he says, but the OL is bad, so they get nothing out of it, despite having arguably the best RB in college football. They can't run block but at least they can't pass protect either. The QB isn't anything special too, but it's not helping that he's running for his life and getting no help from the running game. His decision making has been really suspect. What makes no sense about the whole thing is how good they look in the first half, only to have it fall apart in the second.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    From my cheap seats I've been calling for Bijon to run the damn ball. He's getting about 20 carries a game. I don't have a by half breakdown but Sark SEEMS to go away from the run in the second half instead of TOWARDS it. I don't think Bijon needs much of an O line quite honestly. Sark did the same thing in 16 when Bama lost to Clemson. Spent the second half going three and out passing the ball.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    Founders Club

What about them? It's infuriating. We saw this with Herman and he got the nickname, "Turtle Tom." But Sark has taken it to a new level. I was at the Oklahoma game and it was brutal to watch live. Absolutely brutal. They should be 7-1 right now, instead they are on a three game skid, soon to be four against Iowa State on Saturday.

People are pissed at the coaching, especially PK. The offense hasn't done them any favors by stalling out over and over again in the second halves, but they play this bend but don't break shit that keeps them on the field for too many plays, and then they are toast by the time the fourth quarter rolls around.

I really thought PK was a slam dunk hire. Maybe it's that Sark hired most of the defensive position coaches before him and he doesn't have his guys to teach his system, outside of Choate? Still, the other coaches have pretty stellar resumes with stops at other big time schools (Bama, ND, etc.). It's like PK left his brain in the PNW. Texas is getting gutted on simple inside and outside zone stuff. DTs don't penetrate, just hold up blocks (poorly) for our walk on LB and out of position safeties to miss the tackles.
    Petersen was all about complimentary football. Possess the ball, eat clock and don't gas your defense with a constant no huddle scheme. I've always said that Kwats philosophy of giving the opponent everything underneath and allowing them, with patience on their part, to drive between the twenties was never going to mesh with a coach who's most recent motto was "All gas no brakes.". Score fast, three and out fast! Either way, defense back on the field! This is why you get boat raced in the second half. Those 14,17, 20 play drives add up when you've only got 1:15 seconds to catch your breath. If Texas is running JonDons boring, slow and awful offense, you too could be averaging 22ppg and giving up 19. Either way, like UW you are 4-4.
    If you listen to Sark, he wants to play complimentary football too. He talks about it constantly. So I get what you're saying but even though the motto is all gas no brakes, he's not running no huddle, snap the ball with 20 seconds on the play clock stuff in the 4th quarter. Sark wants to run it, at least that's what he says, but the OL is bad, so they get nothing out of it, despite having arguably the best RB in college football. They can't run block but at least they can't pass protect either. The QB isn't anything special too, but it's not helping that he's running for his life and getting no help from the running game. His decision making has been really suspect. What makes no sense about the whole thing is how good they look in the first half, only to have it fall apart in the second.
    Sounds like the QB has trust issues.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,589
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sarks offensive lines at UW were always majorly lacking talent. Didn’t stop Chris Polk or Bishop Sankey from running for big yardage at UW. On the other hand his shitty offensive lines broke the confidence of both Jake Locker and Keith Price. He thinks he should be able to scheme around not having line talent.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Sarks offensive lines at UW were always majorly lacking talent. Didn’t stop Chris Polk or Bishop Sankey from running for big yardage at UW. On the other hand his shitty offensive lines broke the confidence of both Jake Locker and Keith Price. He thinks he should be able to scheme around not having line talent.
    Sarks OLs we’re actually pretty solid run blockers just terrible pass blockers. Sarks running offense was schemed really well too.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Sarks OLs we’re actually pretty solid run blockers just terrible pass blockers. Sarks running offense was schemed really well too.
    Every year Sark's offenses started pass-heavy and then as the schedules eased up transitioned to run-heavy at the end of the season.