Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A Sark Texas story in three tweets

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    This stripper must be crazy good in bed
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

@DerekJohnson

Honestly, I thought it was common knowledge about Banks, pole assassin and the monkey. The book on Banks was that he was a stud recruiter and his personal life was a train wreck. We knew that going in. Texas fans have been talking about it since before he got hired. I guess the monkey biting a kid brought it to the public's attention, but none of this is new information. In fact, months ago on surly we named our 2023 recruiting thread, "Monkeys, strippers and 5 stars." It should probably be renamed to, "Rabies shots, horrible PR and 3 star backup plans," with the way things are going.

Also, this is the first good thing to happen to Texas football since halftime of the OU game. Fuck this season. You guys want Kwiatkowski back? We'll put him on the first plane out of Austin. He's been an abject failure. I know that Texas doesn't have the greatest personnel at LB or S in the country, but they aren't 115th ranked defense or whatever the hell they are ranked, bad. Why did you guys like him so much? They don't even line up correctly or have any clue about situational football. I'm talking crazy shit, like the safeties playing bail coverage in short yardage situations in the red zone. It's mind numbingly stupid.

lol

@haie

You can keep him Mitch
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
    Founders Club

@DerekJohnson

Honestly, I thought it was common knowledge about Banks, pole assassin and the monkey. The book on Banks was that he was a stud recruiter and his personal life was a train wreck. We knew that going in. Texas fans have been talking about it since before he got hired. I guess the monkey biting a kid brought it to the public's attention, but none of this is new information. In fact, months ago on surly we named our 2023 recruiting thread, "Monkeys, strippers and 5 stars." It should probably be renamed to, "Rabies shots, horrible PR and 3 star backup plans," with the way things are going.

Also, this is the first good thing to happen to Texas football since halftime of the OU game. Fuck this season. You guys want Kwiatkowski back? We'll put him on the first plane out of Austin. He's been an abject failure. I know that Texas doesn't have the greatest personnel at LB or S in the country, but they aren't 115th ranked defense or whatever the hell they are ranked, bad. Why did you guys like him so much? They don't even line up correctly or have any clue about situational football. I'm talking crazy shit, like the safeties playing bail coverage in short yardage situations in the red zone. It's mind numbingly stupid.

and what about these second half implosions?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

This stripper must be crazy good in bed

Goes without saying
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Monkey needs to clean some things up and learn how to FINISH

The kids were stemming
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

@DerekJohnson

lol

@haie

You can keep him Mitch
    LOL.

Yes, you were a complete doog if you pointed out K's numerous failures throughout his 7 years here. I'm not saying Lake was a god, but his defense took a massive burden in 2018 and still got the conference. In 2019 he took a step down but the offense was the weak link.

A hardcore poster here, like an OG (sorry if I can't remember your handle) said that he thought K was a dipshit in an in-person event and that the defense went a lot deeper than him.

Turns out he was right.

"Who I work with matters to me" Apparently K, it mattered to you that your boss allows you to get shit stomped in the second half of games. Most painful UW game in the last 10 years came from it in 2017.
    Fuck you buddy.

Final shout out to @Tequilla for getting this completely wrong but not admitting to it, per usual.
  • Options
    Mitch_CumsteenMitch_Cumsteen Member Posts: 77
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

and what about these second half implosions?

What about them? It's infuriating. We saw this with Herman and he got the nickname, "Turtle Tom." But Sark has taken it to a new level. I was at the Oklahoma game and it was brutal to watch live. Absolutely brutal. They should be 7-1 right now, instead they are on a three game skid, soon to be four against Iowa State on Saturday.

People are pissed at the coaching, especially PK. The offense hasn't done them any favors by stalling out over and over again in the second halves, but they play this bend but don't break shit that keeps them on the field for too many plays, and then they are toast by the time the fourth quarter rolls around.

I really thought PK was a slam dunk hire. Maybe it's that Sark hired most of the defensive position coaches before him and he doesn't have his guys to teach his system, outside of Choate? Still, the other coaches have pretty stellar resumes with stops at other big time schools (Bama, ND, etc.). It's like PK left his brain in the PNW. Texas is getting gutted on simple inside and outside zone stuff. DTs don't penetrate, just hold up blocks (poorly) for our walk on LB and out of position safeties to miss the tackles.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

@DerekJohnson

Welcome to Sark ball.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Monkey needs to clean some things up and learn how to FINISH

Maybe Sark needs to have TWO Free Solo showings this week instead of just one. That will make all the difference, quite honestly