Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trying to decide how to feel.

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,940
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I fell asleep before half. Woke up right around Furd kicking a FG to go ahead. Couldn’t stay awake for the heroic finish. Got up to take a piss just now & disappointed to see the big picture loss. Ts n Ps to the gamblers too.

I slept through the third
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,824
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

EwaDawg said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

The line looks like it’s -7 Oregon with a 51.5 point total.

Easy money. If it stays single digits bet the farm.

I think I'd actually take the under. My call is 41-5 Oregon.
    Agreed. Jimmy does not ever allow more than 34 points and UW likely wont score more than 17. You can let the dwags score more than that but they need to reduce what they let oregon score proportionately.

WTF. Yeah, I start typing before I finish thinking.

I can see winning the under, keeping jimmy's defensive streak alive, and getting blown out by meat as almost guaranteed.

Rather easily, in fact.

Script, anyone?

points streak ends here
    Disagree. Oregon plays up or down to their competition.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

lawsandl said:

The line looks like it’s -7 Oregon with a 51.5 point total.

Say 34-17.5?
    Rather easily.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,518
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    A lot of people in this thread Haven’t watched Oregon this year. Even if Oregon somehow gets up 24-3 it will be 27-24 with UW driving late to tie/win
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

A lot of people in this thread Haven’t watched Oregon this year. Even if Oregon somehow gets up 24-3 it will be 27-24 with UW driving late to tie/win

Sure.gif

We haven't won a one-score game against Oregon since the 80s. While Jimmy/DyMo have proven to be bizarrely above average in the game winning drives department, I suspect that's only because it's come against dogshit teams where we're able to lean on our significant talent advantage. There'll be no such advantage against Oregon.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    ntxduck said:

Oregon is a mediocre team where a few exceptional athletes make plays nobody else Can few times a game.

We can’t block. The end.

I am going with 35-10 ducks. Mario will be super complementary after the in the hopes that jimmy is never fired.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

I've watched enough. Oregon has the horses on both sides to embarras UW. Morris will shit himself severely in this game and the defense won't have any answers against a diverse offense full of good athletes and a fast QB. Everything Oregon wants to do is going to work. I expect it to look like a Chip vs Sark game.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    chuck said:

ntxduck said:

I've watched enough. Oregon has the horses on both sides to embarras UW. Morris will shit himself severely in this game and the defense won't have any answers against a diverse offense full of good athletes and a fast QB. Everything Oregon wants to do is going to work. I expect it to look like a Chip vs Sark game.
    Oregon kind of sucks at the skill positions. They block ppl though and will have their way with us.

Morris absolutely will shit the bed and we may get him injured as we don’t block and still haven’t figured out how to adjust to a blitzing linebacker or stunt.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

Oregon kind of sucks at the skill positions. They block ppl though and will have their way with us.

Morris absolutely will shit the bed and we may get him injured as we don’t block and still haven’t figured out how to adjust to a blitzing linebacker or stunt.
    The OL has been making progress for three games now. It hasn't been a steady progression, but they are light years better now than in the first several games.

The problem is that Morris panics whether he has a clean pocket or not. He'll run into pressure when all he has to do is slide or move up one step, and runs outside away from phantom pressure when the pocket is perfect.
  • Options
    chuck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

The OL has been making progress for three games now. It hasn't been a steady progression, but they are light years better now than in the first several games.

The problem is that Morris panics whether he has a clean pocket or not. He'll run into pressure when all he has to do is slide or move up one step, and runs outside away from phantom pressure when the pocket is perfect.
    4 sacks and 88 yards rushing vs Arizona.
    0 sacks and 200 plus vs Stanford.

Both bottom of the barrel shit d1 defenses. This is not a trend yet. They were horrible vs UCLA too. They’re bad. Can confirm.

83 yards rushing
    2 sacks and 7 tfl’s. After a bye.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021

chuck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

Both bottom of the barrel shit d1 defenses. This is not a trend yet. They were horrible vs UCLA too. They’re bad. Can confirm.

83 yards rushing
    You'll see Atom, you'll see. I agree it's not a trend, but it's about to become one.

Morris will keep shitting his pants regardless, and I'm sure you notice and agree that some of Morris's sacks are self induced.
  • Options
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

83 yards rushing
    You'll see Atom, you'll see. I agree it's not a trend, but it's about to become one.

Morris will keep shitting his pants regardless, and I'm sure you notice and agree that some of Morris's sacks are self induced.
    Yes Morris will be the reason on many negative plays. But we aren’t blocking kayvon or Sewell when he blitzes.

One of Oregon’s biggest issues is their linebackers in coverage which will not exploit. Like at all.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

83 yards rushing

Yes Morris will be the reason on many negative plays. But we aren’t blocking kayvon or Sewell when he blitzes.

One of Oregon’s biggest issues is their linebackers in coverage which will not exploit. Like at all.
    Yeah the duck game will test my theory for sure.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2021
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

83 yards rushing

I would say UW should be able to run the ball consistently. I don’t get the blocking schemes at all. The running backs have no vision.

The OL should be able to get it done through.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

83 yards rushing

I would say UW should be able to run the ball consistently. I don’t get the blocking schemes at all. The running backs have no vision.

The OL should be able to get it done through.
    There's still no cohesiveness or rhythm in the run game. Sometimes the backs just look blind and run into their own linemen. Often times, though, it's just bad timing. They're running at the purple shirt expecting it to clear out, and the linemen are getting these blocks more and more, but they hit too soon or the OL is a half step slow.

This is the shit I've been hammering on that shows a team that did not come out of camp ready to play. They're getting at least incrementally better simply by playing through their fuckups and learning from them.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

Oregon barely beat Cal and UCLA. They lost to Stanford. This won’t be a blow out. It will be a game in the 4th quarter.

Oregon shook up their OL the last two games and we’ve seen the offense take off. Devon Williams emerged too. Brown looks much more comfortable. Cardwell at RB will add another dimension.

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,338
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

Oregon barely beat Cal and UCLA. They lost to Stanford. This won’t be a blow out. It will be a game in the 4th quarter.

Oregon shook up their OL the last two games and we’ve seen the offense take off. Devon Williams emerged too. Brown looks much more comfortable. Cardwell at RB will add another dimension.

Let's see... ready to rumble OL...speed, speed, speed... you'll see a much different Brown than at the Furd game... ooo, even "will add another dimension" verbatim!

All you're missing is controlling time of possession, and I'd say Oregon is set to win rather easily. Say, 34-17?
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,289
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Oregon *should win rather easily. I think they have another pants shitting in them before the seasons over, I just hope it's this Saturday. Like Roady said, it will come down to the 4th qtr and we will find a way to choke. Oregon 31 Doogs 21
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

And conversely UW’s only blow out loss was Michigan 2nd game of the season. UW is 4-2 since then, has a little momentum and is playing at home. For all the rumors on the boreds the last few weeks it’s clear that Jimmy has not lost the team. UW’s defense is good enough to keep it close. I see them staying in touching distance for most of the game before ultimately losing by 7-10.