Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

S&P+ Has...

13»

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

So...lead pipe cinch, take out a second mortgage and risk it all type of science supporting this bet, right? I'm really asking. I hate money and would love to lose some.

I’m such a Doog that I’m still expecting us to actually look good one week. Kinda like the 2002 Oregon State game.
    That was a career game for at least two huskies...ET and Mateaki. Tank was dominant too.

I do the same. I kept eagerly anticipating someone busting a big play against Arizona. By the time it finally happened I remembered that I wanted UW to lose that game.
    Earlier this year someone ran a poll about Huskies who didn't meet expectations. I totally forgot about Tank Johnson. Early on I honestly thought he was going to be a NFL first rounder.
    Still went mid round two
    Dude was pretty good in the nfl, then he decided to play gangsta
    Met his dad at a spring game

He said Rick saved his kid with the offer

Csb
    Tank has even said that …

And that was before he put his foot across my throat
    I’ve always said I admire him for that. Possibly my favorite Husky of all time. I can’t help but love the stories of these guys whooping your ass. I forget what you did. Was it the zone? Did you take a charge in a pick up game?
    Neither

I readily admit that I was an irritating MFer to play against … I definitely didn’t pass the look test but could fuck you up pretty easily on the court and I wasn’t afraid to make sure that you knew it

Unlike most of the pussies here … I don’t back down from people regardless of who they are

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

So...lead pipe cinch, take out a second mortgage and risk it all type of science supporting this bet, right? I'm really asking. I hate money and would love to lose some.

I’m such a Doog that I’m still expecting us to actually look good one week. Kinda like the 2002 Oregon State game.
    That was a career game for at least two huskies...ET and Mateaki. Tank was dominant too.

I do the same. I kept eagerly anticipating someone busting a big play against Arizona. By the time it finally happened I remembered that I wanted UW to lose that game.
    Earlier this year someone ran a poll about Huskies who didn't meet expectations. I totally forgot about Tank Johnson. Early on I honestly thought he was going to be a NFL first rounder.
    Still went mid round two

Csb
    Dick Baird told my dad he was better than Larry Tripplet. I think this was during the year he had to sit out as a prop 48.
    He had that ceiling … one of the more impressive athletes I’ve ever been around

That said, his mental game never allowed him to be able to unlock all of his physical talents

Tequilla said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Still went mid round two

Csb

I can't imagine what would have made him do that.
    Zone in a pickup game, IIRC.
    Rarely did that in my younger days

I did have a good laugh on Monday watching MMF to hear Sue Bird talk about how much she hated zone defenses … made me think of the pathetic fuckers on this board

Tequilla said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Still went mid round two

Csb

Tank did say after the fact that he wasn’t too smart … so your guess is as good as mine
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,388 Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

Expect TE to be featured in our passing attack this week as Jimmy has a gigantic ego and will attempt to show Shaw that he isn't the only coach who knows how to use TEs. Given that our TEs are actually good (when they play and when we throw to them), this will likely have a good result.

Tight End is just one of many position groups (along w/ S, OL, DL, RB) where the talent was vastly overrated compared to what we've actually seen on the field.
    Tight end is still good. Otton is still very good just not being used. Culp showed he's taken strides.

No one thought safety was going to be good. They didn't even have the position set till the last couple games.

OL, DL agree

Half agree about RBs but I think Mcrew and Kamari are better than people thought. Yougers RBs worse
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,655 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Still went mid round two

Csb

I’ve always said I admire him for that. Possibly my favorite Husky of all time. I can’t help but love the stories of these guys whooping your ass. I forget what you did. Was it the zone? Did you take a charge in a pick up game?
    Neither

I readily admit that I was an irritating MFer to play against … I definitely didn’t pass the look test but could fuck you up pretty easily on the court and I wasn’t afraid to make sure that you knew it

Unlike most of the pussies here … I don’t back down from people regardless of who they are
    You ended up the same way all us pussies would have

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,070 Founders Club
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Yeah his reputation at UW was that he took plays off and that hurt him in the draft. He tested like a freak at the underwear Olympics. He was definitely a high end talent that didn't maximize it, but was still good.
    What I'm hearing is Gilby talking shit about him to the NFL before the draft and telling the NFL not to draft him is what hurt him.

Just what I'm hearing, don't twist.

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Still went mid round two

Csb

Zone in a pickup game, IIRC.
    If my friends and I were stoned enough we'd occasionally slip into a triangle zone in 3 on 3 pickup games at Ravenna Park. It was just a way to take a breather and the shitty
    pawz said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Yeah his reputation at UW was that he took plays off and that hurt him in the draft. He tested like a freak at the underwear Olympics. He was definitely a high end talent that didn't maximize it, but was still good.
    What I'm hearing is Gilby talking shit about him to the NFL before the draft and telling the NFL not to draft him is what hurt him.

Just what I'm hearing, don't twist.

I actually think I remember somebody posting that somewhere, sometime ago.